Sign in to follow this  
Abdinasir Kadawo

Top 10 cities in Somalia

I want to know your opinion about this. After long study of the map of the biggest cities in Somalia using Google Earth, I come to conclusion that 13 biggest cities are:

In alphabetical order

Bardhere

Baydhabo

Beled Weyn

Borame

Bosaso

Burco

Galkacyo

Hargeisa

Jowhar

Kismayo

Las Canood

Marka

Mogadisho

Now my question is which 3 should be excluded to find out the Top Ten. Some (like Mogadisho and Hargeisa) are obviously in top ten, but the bottom is where it is very difficult to determine.

why is berbera not on there! its a major city in Somaliland, there also a number of cities/towns that have been missed!

I am afraid your research must have been flawed! what was your methodology and how did you come to this conclusion!

^^according to who! are you an authority on the spatial geography of Somalia. Using an unreliable tool like googlemap doesnt quantify these findings. How exactly did you determine and come to these findings?n What was your methodology? Is it based on land size, population etc?

You don't need to take this as a fact mate. By the way any demographic issue in Somalia is based on estimation. So this is my estimation, which you don't necessarily need to agree with. But believe me I have seen some outrageous estimations done by highly recognised organisations like UN.

Kool_Kat   

Originally posted by DOBBS:

why is berbera not on there! its a major city in
Somaliland
, there also a number of cities/towns that have been missed!

I believe he asked about major cities in Somalia... icon_razz.gif

Abdinasir, top 10 based on what?

money   

You forgot Tuulo Buuryoqob,the fashion and financial capital of Central Somalia with its nationally known golf resorts, recreational parks, wildlife and high fashion boutiques and shopping malls.

Baraawe iyo Jilib ka maqan.

Jamaame iyo Qoryooleey are not that far off, either. Inkastoo degmooyinkaan hoos u dhaceen dagaalada ka bacdi, wali qaarkood degmooyinka waa weyn ee toban gaarayaan waa ku jiraan mise kuwa meesha suran qaarkood waa ka dad badanyihiin.

Oz   

Originally posted by money:

You forgot Tuulo Buuryoqob,the fashion and financial capital of Central Somalia with its nationally known golf resorts, recreational parks, wildlife and high fashion boutiques and shopping malls.

:D:D are you for real?

Hargeisa,Mogdisho and kismaayo etc...