Sign in to follow this  
Hayat

our ever-tiring battle with education

Faheema.   

ala muxuu Farax iska ba'ay.

Yes, there are few rich Somali men (mostly old), as there are few rich men in every nation. But if one has a decent job and can provide for his family…..(and there are plenty [young] Somali men who fit that profile). Why are you not content with that?

Dadka qaar maxay Independent khalad ka fahmeen.

Vibe

If You think you’ve learnt enough skills and knowledge that will equipped you to accomplish goals you would have been incapable of achieving at an earlier stage of your life….then quit! smile.gif

But it sounds like you’ve made your mind up already, maybe you just needed a raison d'etre, who knows.

I have to say this discussion has been one of the few interesting discussions i've seen here. However there are two poles to this discussion: the pro education and not-so-pro.

Before I write my bit, here is a thought:

*Richard Branson = No degree = Billionnaire

*Warren Buffet = Degree = Billionnaire

----this comparing could go on forever-----

okay, i hear you say, very simplistic assertion, but such is life. Education can and can not get you successful. See, it is tricky.

Okay, this is my view and i will keep it short. I think there is trick in acheiving what you want from everything in life, education included. You can not be clueless. You have to know what you want and how to get it and what it is gonna take for you to get it. In this case, it is using education to attain a better life/future for yourself and family. I think the trick here is being decisive about what you want (subject/career etc) and putting in the effort, determination and sheer and brute force to succeed in it. If you do not have that sort of mentality, I really do not know why you are bothering. There are other avenues in life that one can explore which one might be good at. You can not spend four years of your life and then look back on it and go "what have I acheived now?".

I would say, sister, go with your feeling/instinct. You're the master of your destiny and you know your soul and persona than anyone else. The hell with the 'ja ja' that anyone says. Good luck.

Originally posted by besbaaso:

Wishy washy indeed...lol...spare me ur lectures...Men suck…boo hoo...
spinster lament....anyone?
:rolleyes:

I suspect sister chameleon might be married to the dude that used to do 9-5 here, I forget his name. I'm pretty sure I seen it some where. she prolly recited some of her wisdom on him thas why I don't see him no more. I hope now you see why your spinster placard is not needed here no more. :D:D

Nur   

Vibe

Tough call!

My take is get your education out of the way, meanwhile keep a window open for Faaris-Al-Axalaam to come in and fly you up, up and awaaaaaay to Kurtunwaarrey and beyound, its not a one or the other type of a choice, with Allah's help, you can have 'em both, so dont forget to pray to Allah to expedite the delivery of Mr. Qumane ( Right), He may also be praying to find someone like you. Prayer is the key, you cant go wrong with Ducaaaaaaaa.

"O Allah, find me a good, handsome, wealthy, honest, fill the rest......................................................................................"

A Mind once expanded with Education, can not be shrunk back to its original size!

Nur

Blessed   

^well said!

Nothing is promised in this world, instead of setting yourself up for vulnerability, dependence -get prepared.

Maf Kees   

Is it just me or is this ridiculous discussion about education still going on? Finish your studies, there is no other option to consider. Wether a wealthy man is willing to support YOU financially like a child is room for a separate and more interesting discussion.

Shakti   

vibe, most ppl have said all the things that needed 2 be said...* 2 late for me, huh?*

well but i do have one thing 2 say 2 u??

stick with ur study , don’t sh*t urself.. nothing is worth that much of scarifies…

as 4 marrying the next dude.. well think about this...., just like u don’t want a guy who has not completed his education, what makes u think the guy u find would settle for less?

So girl… finish ur study, its not only 4 u but an example of ur future children..

Azmaya   

nayaa you sound weak! oh its hard therefore i cant take it i will settle for the next loser take your pick somali men are full of them! we got losers for men(most) reer England specially, khat, welfare and sleeping uff. raagnimo is dead in most of these men.

ii maqal inadeer life is tough especially for us women, we most not only succeed education/career wise but on top of that raise a family. U will in the end do what u think is right. listen to your own heart and decide what is best for you. I would advice you like others have, finish your school, be able to stand on your own two feet, a man will come they always do therefore nayaa don#t put to much emphasizes on a man, but more on yourself and your family who want their daughter to succeed. I would kill myself to have come this far and quit!

peace n love

Nephissa   

ladies take it from me, house -wife is the occupation we should all seek.

Hmmmm, 20 something years old and thinking this way! Does seem like you are miss placed in time.

What if the husband gets up in the middle of the night one night, and leaves you pregnant, two children, no skills, no job, no money? What then?

I wouldn't mind staying home if my husband was financially stable, but I would continue working part time, wouldn't want to end up divorced and have lost all my skills. We need to be self supportive. Why should you have to be completely dependant on a man for financial support, you have brain too, ma gacmo li'id, ma indho li'id. Besides, a woman can go nuts bared up in the house with kids for years.

Mideeda kale, some of the smartest, most attractive women I've known (my mother for an example :D ) didn't have a college degree, but were bright, self-sufficient, and successful. Education doesn't always mean success/common ground, and success/common ground doesn't always mean education.

Ma3salama