Sign in to follow this  
Afro

Somalis, A NATION WITHOUT HEROs.

dhiirane   

Let us forget the past and talk about the future.my question is do we have a hero now?

I am not talking about the average somali,I mean a national hero who can fix these mess

First and foremost, Imam Axmed Gurey was not oromo nor xabasha, but a Somali, who hails from the same clan as Jalle Maxamed Siyaad Bare (allah haa uu naxariisto). Secondly, Sayid Abdulle Hassan was a Somali hero, who fought against British rule and thier Somali worshippers. Finally, Jalle Maxamed Siyaad Bare (allah haa uu naxariisto) is one of the greatest man Somali has had, and a great leader who did so much, no matter how hard you try to discredit him. I dare any of you to bring forth any Somali man (alive or dead) who has done more things for the Somali people as a whole like Jalle Maxamed Siyaad Bare (allah haa uu naxariisto) has done. Let’s admit to ourselves, you guys are clan driven, and it’s because of the false stories your mother and father have told you guys, which then gives you guys the impression that Jalle Maxamed Siyaad Bare (allah haa uu naxariisto) was a bad leader; contrary to what has been told to you in your upbringing, he was not a bad leader, but a just, genuine, nationalistic, and free of clan hatred leader.

ElPunto   

Originally posted by Pure blood:

it’s because of the false stories your mother and father has told you guys, that gives you the impression that Jalle Maxamed Siyaad Bare (allah haa uu naxariisto) was a bad leader; contrary to what has been told to you in your upbringing, he was not a bad leader, but a just, genuine, nationalistic, and free of clan hatred leader.

He was such a just, genuine and nationalistic leader free of clan hatred that at the end of his reign he was forced out of power and driven from the country and the country engaged in clan killings never before witnessed in its history.

Fantasy is for children buddy - wake up and face reality. :mad:

Back to the original question - there are no grand, inspirational leaders but as others have voiced - there are many individuals doing heroic acts within their families, communities etc. They are the ones that are building up Somalia at the grassroots level.

the country engaged in clan killings never before witnessed in its history.

I think that is out of ignorance, and lack of knowledge about Somali history. Tell me, why did those people rebel against Jalle Maxamed Siyaad Bare (allah haa uu naxariisto)? What were there reasons of getting rid of him? I want a precise answer, starting with the first group of treasonous, what was the motive of their rebellion?

ElPunto   

quote: the country engaged in clan killings never before witnessed in its history.

I think that is out of ignorance, and lack of knowledge about Somali history. Tell me, why did those people rebel against Jalle Maxamed Siyaad Bare (allah haa uu naxariisto)? What were there reasons of getting rid of him? I want a precise answer, starting with the first group of treasonous, what was the motive of their rebellion?
Obviously they didn't think he was just, genuine, nationalistic and free of clan hatred. Why do people rebel? Why are people rebeling in Nepal? Rather straightforward isn't it.

sofine   

FIRST & MOST OF ALL MAY ALLAH FORGIVE THOSE WHO DONE SINS AND MAY ALLAH BRING SOMALIA IN ALLAH HAA NA NAXARIISTO ALL BUT I AM NOT HERE TO BASH OUT X-PRESIDENT MAXAHAMED SIYAAD BARI( HE DID A LOT OF GREAT THINGS IN HOLDING THE COUNTRY TOGETHER) BUT HE ALSO DID MANY ****** THINGS I REALLY HATE HIM FOR THAT,,,NOT ONLY DID HE KILL SOME OF MY FAMILY MEMBERS BUT ALSO MANY INNOCENT PPL,,,,I DON'T CONSIDER HIM A HERO RATHER CONSIDER HIM IN BOTTOM OF MY SHOE WHICH HE IS AT RIGHT NOW....BUT BACK TO CONVO...THE ONES WHO ARE HEROS ARE NOW PPL LIKE K'NAAN WHO IS INSPIRATIONAL TO A LOT OF YOUNG PPL, ALSO THE DOCTORS,LAWYERS,BUSINESS MEN AND WOMEN, THE ONE IS JUST CAME TO THIS COUNTRY WITHOUT KNOWING ABC AND LEARNED FROM THE BOTTOM UP ANG GOT INTO UNIVERSITIES/COLLEGE AND OF COURSE ALL THE SINGEL MOTHERS WHO IS KEEPING IT REAL,,,,MUCH LOVE TO ALL,,,,SO BEFORE SAYING X-PRESIDENT WAS GREAT PLEASE ASK YOU'RE SELF DID HE HARM YOU'RE FAMILY MEMBERS OR ANYONE YOU KNOW THEN YOU CAN RESPOND TO THAT OTHERWISE KEEP YOUR OPINION TO YOUR SELF,,,,

Dhubad.   

Did you guyz know that Siad Barre didn't even own a house in Somalia? How many of you know that ? I guess very few of you.........that sams up the Man.

In the meantime Abdullahi Yusuf is my hero. I believe he will put the country together very soon. Wish him good luck.

nemo   

Originally posted by Jaylaani:

Why Somalis always have the need to insert religion into the equation every time a social discussion that can create Controversy is initiated.

I know we’re Muslims and our beautiful religion and our prophet (SCW) is the ultimate equalizer but c’mon y’all, this topic is about Somalis and their so-called “HEROESâ€

I first thought that this was about SOMALI HEROS and not about religion but the brothers their justification was 100% accurate. What's so beautiful about our religion is that you can apply to everything and day to day operations. We Muslims tent to forget about that and that’s why we are mostly not doing well. If as Muslims we fellow are religion how we suppose to fellow it and not leave anything behind or add to it. Then it’s safe to say that our country will be a better place and our life’s. So brothers and sisters don’t get overstress on when one of our brothers or sisters reminds us. Instead we should be thanking them and strive to fellow our religion as much as possible.

Now that said other than our beloved prophet Somali hero’s? Ummmm I will come back to you for that, because sadly there are not any that I admire.

Local hero would definatly be my MUMMY. :D

Bess.   

WOW...lots of hatred being spewed on behalf of one dead man...Allah haa uu naxariisto...one person mentions that he killed family members, does that mean he did them himself?...or others did it in his name?...is he responsible 4 all the destruction?....or is he just part of a huge problem that was facing our country. Somali people are very good at blaming others for their ish…well…I guess he is the SCAPE GOAT …they have chosen to offer for all the bad things to be blamed on.

None of u have the right to judge him?...u r not Allah?...and what have u done 4 ur country?...at least he tried…and succeeded in many ways….he was just a man….like any other he had faults…and made mistakes.

Ps...To compare k'naan to the former pres. of Somalia is ridiculous?...

:mad:

-Lily-   

^^^ Leaving S'Barre aside, are you saying when ppl come into your house and steal from you, torture you and kill your family members, you can't blame anyone? You cant blame them and those who encouraged them, ordered them to do these acts? What about all the innocent Somalis who have been maimed and killed from the beginning of the war to today? Are they to blame?

ElPunto   

Couldn't answer the question huh? Know your history before you speak again
smile.gif

I should've known that someone who considers Barre a hero wouldn't have the wits to figure out the obvious.

People rebelled against Barre because he killed, tortured, arrested without trial many in addition to his mismanagament of the economy, the massive corruption and bribery endemic in his government and not to mention the distatrous war with Ethiopia in which he sacrificed so many for ill conceived and selfish reasons.

ElPunto   

Originally posted by besbaaso:

WOW...lots of hatred being spewed on behalf of one dead man...Allah haa uu naxariisto...one person mentions that he killed family members, does that mean he did them himself?...or others did it in his name?...is he responsible 4 all the destruction?....or is he just part of a huge problem that was facing our country. Somali people are very good at blaming others for their ish…well…I guess he is the SCAPE GOAT …they have chosen to offer for all the bad things to be blamed on.

None of u have the right to judge him?...u r not Allah?...and what have u done 4 ur country?...at least he tried…and succeeded in many ways….he was just a man….like any other he had faults…and made mistakes.

Ps...To compare k'naan to the former pres. of Somalia is ridiculous?...

:mad:

Siad Barre was the dictator of Somalia from 1969 to 1991 - he is responsible for the vast majority of the actions that took place during that time. He is also responsible for the ultimate collapse of Somali civil society and government. He is not responsible for the clan on olan killings that followed in the wake of his fleeing from Somalia.

Next - you will tell me Sadaam Hussien is a cuddly do-gooder who has been maligned. redface.gif

RedSea   

assalamu Calaykum,

Well I thought the question was, who was your hero? and I think every rational thinking Muslim person would abviously have chosen Prophet Muhammed as his/her hero. If this question is regarding a Somali man that did so much for ALL somalis to earn the title hero, then I say, the title of the thread answers that, because it's abvious enough folks; we don't have a hero.

Be reminded that if we had a hero, we wouldn't have been where we are today and that is living prove that Somalis are lacked any leadership.

p.s. I say my real hero in life are my parents beside the prophet Muhammed (SCW)

Assalamu Calaykum.

I think we should leave the dead alone their reckoning is with Allah. Siyad Barre admittedly does not have an unblemished record,but he shoved the foreign aid from the soviet union in their face and cut all diplomatic ties with them, kicked the cubans out of Somalia and was unrelenting in his position regarding the OG. Somalia had lost NFD to Kenya before him and he was too concerned with Somali unity to lose the OG so he went to war with Ethiopia to liberate the Somali people there. I think this aspect of his life is heroic. Don't y'all think so? As for what came later he was just like any other dictator. He shouldn't be a national hero but he did good things too.