Sign in to follow this  
Faheema.

The “Shoe�

SeeKer   

^^^ Let me do the honors. The somali/hindi movie I am watching is boring me.

As Cilmi/Zak sat down to watch the Newcastle/Chelsea game his phone rung. Not looking at the Caller Id he picked up.It was a female voice.

C: Hello

F: Cilmi? (hesistantly)

C: Who is this?

F: I am sorry to call you when the game is about to start but I have something to share with you.

C: Who is this? (suspiciously)

F: Its Sumaya....Idil's sister.

C: Hey Sumaya! Is everything alright?

S: No everything is not ok. Thats why I need to speak to you. (sobbing ) Idil is in the hospital......... (more nerve racking sobs) she had a nervous breakdown and tried to commit suicide.

C: (shocked) Idil in the hospital? Sumaya calm down sweety..........tell me where you are and I will come to get you.

S: (crying fully) I am at the masjid. I needed to get away from everyone and I also wanted to tell you. There is more to the story (sobs) So much we hid from you........secrets we need to tell you. I will be waiting.

C: I will be right there.

Cilmi hung up the phone and picked up his jacket on his way out the door. His thoughts were all over; Idil, Ceebla, secrets, suicide, marriage..........

Let the tale continue......

muunad   

i just wanted to add a more realistic turn. to me a man coming out of the blue to preach his undying love just didn't seem real and was too loose.

Faheema.   

^^^That’s the idea dearest….it’s the modern Xalimo's fairytale ;)

Legend All is not lost….we’ll have Seeker and Mini continue the “twistâ€.

Meanwhile…..

It’s Friday afternoon…Ceebla is on her lunch break with a colleague…but her mind is elsewhere….she can’t stop thinking about this evenings dinner with Cilmi. A part of her is thinking… Should I call it off…??? However, it occurred to her that were times that she might have missed opportunities simply because she was either too lazy to try and make an effort or too cautious and didn't think it was worth taking the chance/risk. Then again maybe I've been given another chance she thought.

Although it’s too early to say, she feels once again an opportunity has presented itself. Yet as always she has come to that stumbling point where she can't decide on which way to go. One voice in her head is saying take this chance; see where it takes you, if anything you I'll learn from the experience and the other part of her is thinking why bother? You’ll just get your hopes up and then be either disappointed or heartbroken. (If you still believe in this thing called love)

Indecisive, I know…. I wonder, would I ever be certain when confronted with these type of situations? She exclaimed

After long debate in her head, she finally decided to go….now all is left is what to wear…must go shopping after work she thought… icon_razz.gif

SeeKer   

^^^I thought the story abandoned, glad you brought it back thou. Let see what other twists people can add. I definately want to know what secrets sumaya and her family have being keeping from Cilmi.

Foxy   

foxy ina cali cumar is going to try her luck in adding a bit of chilli spice in there abu ina farax like when time persists soon

cheers

SeeKer   

Oi my insomnia kicked in last night so I am working with two hours of sleep so what better way to relax than to dip in my creative basket and start weaving :D

Idil sat up in her bed watching Oprah talk to Tyler Perry and Madea.The Tv was muted because her mind was not on the tube but on the starkness of her life. She felt the dark void of depression beckoning to her as she tried to hasten in the opposite direction. She cocked her head to the side of her door as she heard somali words float down from the hall into her room. It sounded like her mother was here with her entourage of well-wishers. Sliding down into her bed, Idil burrowed her head under her sheets feigning sleep.

Mom: (Exclaims) My baby is still asleep. I think they are drugging her too much she doesn't seem to awake ever. Wait a minute, where is Sumaya? She would know if Idil stirred from her sleep.

Other woman: Kids these days have no sense of responsibility or regard for their siblings. She is probably outside chatting on her cell phone. :mad:

(Nods of agreement and exclaimation of disgust from all around the circle of women). **Meanwhile in the mosques parking lot**

Sumaya waits under the awning of the mosque as she kept her eye out for Cilmi's Audi TTS Roadster :D . Just as she was giving hope she sees his plates "Cilmi". She rushes out in the rain even before the car cruises to a stop.As she slid in the car, she tried to keep her eyes averted from Cilmi's questioning look.

Sumaya: I need something to warm me up can we go get some coffee?

Cilmi:Sure we can and after that you will tell me what all this is about. **I hope this doesn't take long because I have to get home to get ready for my date with Ceebla**

As the car drove out of the mosque parking lot a curtain flicked shut in the male section of the mosque. What Cilmi and Sumaya didn't know was that someone had witnessed the whole scene. redface.gif

Hope that tickles someone's creative side

-Lily-   

As Cilmi & Sumaya drove into the rainy evening, 'Maclain' Yusuf smiled in delight and excitement. He should have been quiet outraged but on the contrary the situation could be played out much better this way. Instantly his brows colappsed into a frown and his beady little eyes shown more brilliant under the blanket of the lazy 40 watt light bulp.

On numerous occasion Macalin Yusuf as the children of the weekly Madrassa class referred to him, attempted to motivate Saumaya into taking a more active role in the mosque, preferebly in him. He enjoyed the respect his position gave him, how men tapped him on the back and the elder women invited him for family visits and competed with each other to steer his interest in towards the direction of their daughters. In his eyes, most of them were filthy westernized girls who focused more on foreign men and wearing tight jeans. Sumaya however, had an innocent quality about her. Last he visited their house, she appeared uninterested in him, which he took as a sign of shyness and maturity. He had since hoped to be reinvited but had so far been unsucessful. Perhaps her little brother Mahad needed more in depth Kuranic lessons? He will see to this, first a word with his sister Shamso was necessary.

Shamso, was a woman of comfortable size, if one wanted to be polite. She spend her days in perfect routine of cooking, cleaning, looking after her five children as well as keeping abreast of new developments of the outside world through her free 6pm to 6 am telephone deal. She occasionally watched the news to appear authrotive on certain issues. Shamso was always pleased to see her younger brother, whom despite the age gap she admired greatly. He had become respectable in the community and there was even talk of him eventually becoming a paid Imam at the mosque.

Once plesentaries were exchanged, the topic drifted towards the children of the Madrassa and the sister of one of those children. Shamso’s ears imagined her ears sharpening for more details as her brother discussed this girl. She had heard of the little tramp before. Though her mother was a respectable woman, Lord knows what had happened with the daughter. Shamso knew there was something not right with Samiyo, she just knew, if only she had proof. As she listened to the feigned shock in her brothers voice describing her entering the car of a man in the early evening, she listened intendly.

Yusuf: Walalo, I am worried for her, she is a good girl, from good family, I cannot warn her about these issues.

Shamso: Ha, Wallahi its broblem these days. I know the girl, I will talk with her older sister, she has a daughter in my son’s school. Or maybe the mother or even the girl herself. She is from guut family.

Yusuf: Yes, I like that family, I was hoping to be part of that family one day.

Shamso: laughs My dear brother, any family or woman would be lucky to have you. Mentallly Shamso felt like puking, although malicious excitement gripped her. Finally! Finally she had something to pinn the woman with and make her brother see sense.

Yusuf: I will leave it with you then sister. I must go now.

Yusuf puts on his jacket with the knowledge that his sister will inform the family, and a few other people will know as well. Once there is talk of her reputation he would step in as the knight-in-shining-armour and offer her marriage and a chance to cleanse herself of this.

Shamso shows out her brother out. The children had all been put to bed. She walks over to the cordless telephone on the coffee table, sitting her large behind on the cold leather sofa whilst stretching her legs. She waits for the peep of the dail to end at the other side. Shamso hears the ‘Hallow’ of her friend Cibaado and begins her tale.

Shamso: Na ya hee, you will never believe waxa cawo meeshan ligu keenay. Did you know Caasho’s daughter Sumaya? Dee inanti, Waxa la yiri, this evening niin madow, ayo Jamaican loo maleyna, ayyee 11 o clock la see socotay.

Cibaado: Miya, wallle waan ogay taas inee kheyr so wadin, indheheeda aya ba laga garanaye.

Shamso: Yes, hada dee, iga guuri warka….

Cibaado: Haye, ininka jamaicanka halku usii wattay? ...

(No offence to any wadaads, this is purely fictional & in no way represents all wadaads)

Faheema.   

Waterlily That was a nice little episode...I like it.

More twists and surprises than you can shake a stick at :D

p.s. Legend Did Cilmi loose his other Shoe? bal nooga war keen ;)

He splashed some more water on his face, Sumaya’s words kept ringing on his head. How could this be? But How? Her soft and emotional voice echoed in his head one more time “ I don’t know where to begin with… I hope you understand….â€

His dark eyes, piercing thru the mirror like arrows unleashed from the strongest bow, he could remember the first time he met Idil. The young innocent face that looked at him with condescending and pity, she laughed when he tumbled and fell coming to the class at the first day of their school. He was sitting by himself thinking about how embarrassing it was his entrance to the class. He didn’t talk to anyone, didn’t feel like it, he hated everyone the teacher, the boys and the girls specially that one. The one with the ridiculous laughter and why did the teacher made him sit with her? Just because she was the same color as him? He didn’t like her a bit! Then he heard that laughter again but this time she was laughing at someone else and she was walking towards him. What does she want? She better not coming to him he thought. She sat next to him with her friend a white girl. He looked away and minded his business, then the white girl asked him with bit of giggling “you are the boy who fell, aren’t you?†he didn’t answer. Then she said “what is your name? Are you idil’s brother?†“NO! She is not my sister†he said quickly feeling embarrassed again but this time with a scent of anger in his voice. The Girl with the ridiculous laughter said mockingly “you are not my brother tooâ€. It felt that was just yesterday… the day a beautiful friendship started.

He lay down on his couch still thinking how could he be so blind? what would he tell Eedo, he was almost like a brother to her. he could not believe how the event of his day turned… from all the days at least not today, not tonite. Tonight he is meeting Ceebla, Oh blimey how can he forget it is almost time. he jumped and rushed to the shower. He needs to get everything else out of his mind.

He went to his wardrobe, scanning through his clothes, his eyes fell on his sporty jacket and diesel denim (regular cut). With his white polo shirt, he was happy with the way he looks, of course excluding his bare feet; he needs shoes he told himself. By the first look he knew he will go for the comfort than style, something that compliments his sporty summer-ish look, the creamy diesel shoes were his favorite. with lil rub of Dunhill on himself, he was out of the door...

Cheers

PS: didn't get time to edit

Faheema.   

It’s 7pm and Ceebla is running around like a headless chicken trying to decide on which outfit to wear…. the nice little lilac top and the 3quater length black skirt she brought today or the pink fitted shirt and the dark grey trousers that she wore last..... aahhhh dammit…....she looked at her watch…it is was now 7:30pm ala bisinka… I need to get going….Cilmi will be her in a minute…. she quickly picked up the pink fitted shirt and a pair of black trousers…quickly hot combed her hair and had even found some time to slapped on a bit of make up. :D

Just as she was about to spray some of her favourite perfume [Channel Chance] she door bell rang…. I’m coming… she shouts …quickly puts on the black kitten heel shoes and grabs the matching hand bag in the cupboard….

She opens the door…. Sorry about that….I couldn’t remember where I but the house keys... [ icon_razz.gif ] .... Shall we.... As they walk towards his car Ceebla couldn’t resist….she scanned him quickly without him noticing….hmm inanka way ka dhacaysaa caawa [looking good]….she thought :D

To be Continued....

Now all we need is the conversation that takes place between Ceebla and Cilmi while they were out on their date.....any volunteers ;)

Legend, a prominent Somali soap opera writer. There is a new somali tv, im sure they could use your skills to fill the slots every morning.

"there is big market out there for soppy soap opera, dont limit your skills to only SOL".

Cilmi drinking his Mocha late’…wondering…I wonder if she has recognised me? After all these years? What would she say if she realises who I am?…

Wagar!

muunad   

damn talk about modernism.

i like it, it makes it interesting and somehow also relevant to single womens today.