Sign in to follow this  
Faheema.

The “Shoe�

Faheema.   

The Tale begins...

Once upon a time there was a young, beautiful and independent woman who lived alone in her newly furnished contemporary apartment. She’s pretty social, good friends and she has just being promoted in her current job. Life was going good… when suddenly one day she had a visitor…this wasn’t just any visitor…this was a special delivery by a tall, dark and fairly structured young man with a mask on his face. He handed her a shoe box, inside was a single shoe and an envelope, then she looked down and noticed he was missing a shoe…she paused… so many questions going through her head…who is this man? Why has he taken off his shoe? What does this mean? She started to panic…

Maya maya walaal, you must have confused me with someone else… I have no idea what this is all about… have a nice day…just as she was about to close the door he said… walaalo, I haven’t made a mistake….I am 100% certain is you who I am looking for, this might seem a little weird… A little weird…she exclaimed… Yes, I realize is very unusual and I can assure you I don’t do this often…in fact I have never embarked on such mission before and as much as you’re overwhelmed by this strange encounter, it is nerve racking for me. Ceebla, (her eyes lit up…how in gods green earth does he know my name, she said to herself) All I would like you to do is to read the letter that accompanied the shoe and please give a careful consideration, Barasho horteedna ha I nicin (lol such used and abused line, I couldn’t help but insert that one ) :D What’s with the shoe…she asked..

Well, they say a smart woman can look at a mans shoe and tell what sort of characteristics he posses ;) ..

Sheeko!... she exclaimed.

I’ll come by Friday evening to know of your decision. Goodbye. Quickly hops to his car one shoe less

She closed the door, stunned at what had just happened…she quickly runs to get her mobile phone...dialed at once was her best friend Caasha Cidhib’madhigto…

Ceebla: Nayaahe, you never guess waxa dhacay, aduunka tuwalba you’ll see hadaanad dhiman.

Caasha: naa maxaa soo kordhay, I just spoke to you few hours ago.

Ceebla: wager, naa sheeko baan ku hayaaye, jump on the 120, this is not one I can finish over the phone.

Caasha: Ok, I’ll be there in an hour

Ceebla: Ok, btw don’t forget to pick up to tubs of hagen daz, Tesco are doing it 2 for a 5er :D

Caasha: walee maanta war baa kugu dhan, I’ll be there ASAP

Ceebla: alright, bye

In the meanwhile, she examines the box…walks around in a circle contemplating…picks up the envelope, scrutinizes the envelope…. senses a smell hmmm….a very masculine…she recognizes the smell….hmm Channel Allure for Men….she then gently opens it…making it look like it hasn’t been touched…finds it difficult, and looses patience…so eager, so curious to read the letter…she quickly open envelope and begins to read…. (In association with Google ) :D

Dearest Ceebla

I love you in a way, which no language has or ever will be written beautiful enough to explain. Their are not enough words, emotions or acts that could be expressed to show the extent of my affection towards you. My love, you speed up my pulse and slow it down all at once, to the point that time just comes to a stand still, for time spent with you is never measured by looking at a clock, or rushing to be somewhere else, for you are my eternity, and every moment we spend I wish could last for eternity. I could ask you to be my wife, but I somehow feel as if the bound still is not quiet deep enough to fill the indent you have left in my heart, for I want us to one. One in mind, one in heart and one in soul. Be my spiritual mate, and reciprocate the undying loyalty, and agape love I have for you my dear. And let us be forever one, through sickness and health, for richer or poorer, not even letting death separate us, for you are always on my mind and in my heart. My dear everything calm my spirits and fears and tell me that you too want to be my forever.

Yours truly,

Cilmi Farax Lagacle

What happens next??? Well this is where you guys/girls come in ;) I need someone to write the conversation between Ceebla and her best friend Caasha. (phone a friend)

Remember, Caasha, is here to advice ceebla on her dilemma.

Pointer: Ceebla and Caasha must analyze the shoe, to get a feel of Cilmi’s character

After that, Ceebla lists the pros and cons of the situation (50/50). And finally Ceebla puts it to the audience ;)

Let the creative ball roll :D

Baashi   

^Let it roll.

Well, they say a smart woman can look at a mans shoe and tell what sort of characteristics he posses ..

Sheeko!... she exclaimed.

The theme of the story and moral as well are set in advance. The size of the shoe is indicative of something, these two civilized ladies will dissect this piece of evidence, and they will bring their forensic science skills to bear. How long, how wide, the thread n its resistance strength, the internal pressure and the sheer force of the weight of the person will be deduced from the normal wear and tear of the thread/skin the shoes is made of. It’s intriguing and interesting! What if the size of this shoe is shorter than ceebla’s own shoes? What if it’s longer than hers but narrower? Is Caasha the expert of the subject matter? What is the desirable size? What does that mean? What does this say about Ceebla’ philosophy in life? Waxaa la yiri Magazine rates it as fascinating and contemporary dialogue that deals with the urban myth. Two faryarey up!

Faheema.   

^^^ precisely…all that and more is yet to be determined...lol I can see we’re on the same thinking pattern smile.gif

Baashi .... Caasha Cidihib’madigto is the expert alright…But what I would like to know is how truthful Caasha would be to Ceebla...would she pick up negative vibes from the Shoe in an attempt to discourage Ceebla…? as she does not want to be the one left on the shelf Or would she be an honest and thoughtful friend who tells it all?

We shall wait and see :D

Bess.   

cawo...what kind of shoe is it?....a sneaker, a loafer or a sandle?....In order to properly judge the shoe...we know what kind it is?... ;)

Faheema.   

besbaaso I would assume since he wants to make an impression, he would have half a decent shoe...So lets say the shoe resembles this one... ;)

johns56968_lg.jpg

Nephissa   

Thats one shiny fine Italian Loafer shoe (feero kooye :D ) What is he a shoe shine boy? he must've been licking that shoe for weeks. Naa Ceebla, ninku waa very high maintenance.

lol   

^^^^^... We call a brotha who looks after his appearance high maintainance, and the Duflaha...Ure...wat do u gurls want? I think he is doing wat any man in his shoes would do.. he wants to impress the sista...and is genuine so he is leaving her a shoe that speaks for itself... I am a working man who has a word, and I mean business"

Caasha knocks on the door, carrying the tonne of Haagen Daz.

“This better be worth the effortâ€, she exclaims. “Whats all this about then?â€.

“The freakiest, most unexpected thing just happened to meâ€, Ceebla replies “This guy came to my doorstep and dropped a package with his shoe and a letter†… pause... “for my considerationâ€

A grin runs across Caasha’s face...aaah... “How did he look?†.

“Reasonableâ€, came the quick reply.

“Well, lets have a look thenâ€. Caasha reads the letter with interest and then takes a one hard look at the shoe. She proceeds to sniff it a little.

“Ok. This is definitely strange. Here is what I think but before I proceed, what do you make of it?â€

………………………….

Well Ceebla… speak up!

Faheema.   

^^^ I like it... :D ...but why did you stop just as it was starting to get interesting :confused:

Lets hope someone esle continues.. lol or was that the initial idea ;)

^ I'm Caasha. I cant speak for the poor clueless girl aka Ceebla. So before I drop the bomb on my observation... I need to hear what she is thinking... na'mean? ;)

lol   

ceebla remianed quiet for few minutes to recollect her thoughts and said, " I think he is came up with this idea coz he is trying to be original.".. Caasha gave her the look, " I like it don't get me wrong" said Ceebla trying to relieve her friend who seemed to be mesmerized by this strange man's ways. " I think he has been stalking me, I mean think of it? He knew my name, how in the world did he know my name if he hasn't been stalking? " " U have a point" agreed Caasha. "Do u think he left me this shiny shoe because he found out that I was a fashion conscious woman who would actually fall for this shoe?" Ceebla exclaimed!

Continue girls. :D

Faheema.   

Are you sure you haven’t seen his face before..? asked Caasha….maybe he saw you in that Riwaayad last weekend and asked someone about you…I wouldn't call that stalking...

Hmm I doubt it…said ceebla…then again that was my first Riwaayad I’ve been to…who knows…he might have….after all I didn’t exactly see his face today….you see he was wearing a mask… Caasha’s eyes lit up…her face expression said it all…she was baffled and intrigued at the same time… …but I saw the rest of him…smiled Ceebla…and he didn’t look or sound familiar…How would you know?… Caasha exclaimed…I don’t ...said Ceebla….but there was something about him…I can’t quite put my finger on it….I mean look at the Shoe…it speaks volumes, wouldn’t you say?... Caasha nodded with agreement… So tell me…what does the shoe say about him… Caasha persisted…

--------------------

By examining the Shoe ...Ceebla starts to describe Cilmi’s characteristics…

--------------------

p.s. See Baashi’s post for pointers ;)

Bess.   

well...Ceebla...starts looking at his shoe closely and says...."to state the obvious the shoe isn't noxious...so, I guess it means he is clean at least,...ok, remember when I said that he looked reasonable...I lied he was quite delicious looking...and so well dressed...quite the professional,...and from the shoe which is well worn, yet preserved quite well, he must dress professionally quite often..."...Ceebla blushing continues..."well....have u noticed the size of this shoe...you know what they say about a man' shoe size... ;) ....its a size 11....which goes well with his height...of 6'2..."..

You have seen the shoe....Caasha what do u think it says about him.....