Sign in to follow this  
Xafsa

Is this you?

Xafsa   

How well you nomad sisters fall into this discription? Is this how you see your self....peace and luv

How To Recognize A Good Woman

A good woman is proud. She respects herself and

others. She is aware of who she is. She neither seeks

definition from the person she is with, nor does she

expect them to read her mind. She is quite capable of

articulating her needs.

A good woman is hopeful. She is strong enough to make

all her dreams come true. She knows love, therefore

she gives love. She recognizes that her love has great

value and must be reciprocated. If her love is taken

for granted, it soon disappears.

A good woman has a dash of inspiration and a dabble of

endurance. She knows that she will at times have to

inspire others to reach the potential God gave them. A

good woman knows her past, understands her present and

faces toward the future.

A good woman does not live in fear of the future

because of her past. Instead, she understands that her

life experiences are merely lessons meant to bring her

closer to self-knowledge and unconditional self-love.

(Author Unknown)

Miriam1   

Personally that description is something i would like to aspire to, even though in a way i think tis impossible for a woman to have all characterists mentioned above.

These lines and a few others, are ones i can relate to,

"A good woman knows her past, understands her present and faces toward the future."

"She recognizes that her love has great

value and must be reciprocated. If her love is taken for granted, it soon disappears. "

In short dont play me :D

and many more, nice topic xafsa smile.gif

"

underdog   

Xafsa,

I think that was a good description. Wouldn't it be equally impressive if you replace the word "woman" with the word "person"?

Maybe the militant feminist in you won't let you do that.

Xafsa   

Hibo....from what I know about you i would say your safe :D

Ruba ...Thank you..nobody is perfect but all you can do is try.

Underdog...oooooooh are you feeling left out :(

I'll tell you what...wherever it says woman why don't you mentally substitute your name...how about that? :D ...will that make you feel better smile.gif

Underdog.....this topic is not meant to insult men...you need to realize that if the opposite sex is being praised that does not take away the good qualities from the other sex.

peace and luv

underdog   

Low-Blow Xafsa,

You know that's not what I was meant. I didn't say it was insulting to men and I have no problem praising women ( I do it very often)...what I was "pointing" towards was the Feminist tone not just in this topic but in quite a few other replys that you have posted. I could be wrong. I wasn't looking for an argument.

Xafsa   

Feminist tone? It all depends on what you consider feminism? This post has nothing to do with being a feminst just about understanding and appreciating strong females.

Now under dog I am for women and I believe in their abilites in every aspect of life..so does that make me a feminist?

And about my other posts...I don't remeber them so I can;t comment icon_razz.gif

peace and luv

underdog   

Walaaley listen,

My point is that there is nothing wrong with showing appreciation to one particular demographic. Whether it's women, men, blacks, whites.

But wouldn't you agree that when you show "preference" of one over the other it goes towards implying some kind of superiority?

I mean, women are a very integral part of society and recognizing their strengths and achievements is admirable. BUT drawing a line right through that same society and taking sides...don't you find that it causes a separation we can do without?

personally, I feel my life would be incomplete without a woman in it. At the same time I am a man and I fail to see how standing here and saluting male strength would make up for all the male weaknesses.

Bottom line is there is good and bad in every group. save the praise for the individauls who deserve them.

******Presented with no malice or Ill intent*****

Xafsa   

Under dog...if you re-read the post you will see that I did not say that all women are like this. I am only describing the qualities that a good women should have.

I have no problem with praising men but this topic just happens to be about women....So if this topic makes me a feminst then so be it.

peace and luv

Woman....

The most Confucious Species on face of the planet.

They have no comparisom.

Wise man once said

"妇女,享受片刻您与他们"

lol, In another words, Woman, can't live with them, can't live without them.

I'm still in question or mission to find a way.

But Xafsa, Those are just saying to make you guys

feel better, ask the guy what they think of woman.

Xafsa   

I though I would bring this topic back and see what the new members have to say.

According to underdog I am now a feminist...just to keep you guys informed :D .

Anyways what do my fellow nomad sisters think.

PEace and luv

MaLikah   

flying-still,

Great post girl. I think we all see a little bit of ourselves in that description of a "Good Woman"-it's all about recognizing your worth and realizing that we grow and learn from our mistakes and experiences.

she understands that her life experiences are merely lessons meant to bring her closer to self-knowledge and unconditional self-love.

I'm feelin that-by the way underdog,the sista didn't offend or insult the brothas but praised "good women". you should've been the first in line brah- learn to appreciate the good sistahs while they're still around.Word of advice.

Xafsa   

Originally posted by MaLikah:

flying-still,

Great post girl. I think we all see a little bit of ourselves in that description of a "Good Woman"-it's all about recognizing your worth and realizing that we grow and learn from our mistakes and experiences.

[

Thank you malikah..these are all descriptions we need to all world towards.

peace and luv