Sign in to follow this  
RedSea

What difference does a $100 make in your neck of the woods?

RedSea   

Salamau calaykum,

If you know the defination of little for alot, then think again:

Thanksto Allah Allmighty, generous folks from UK were kind enough to help out. And if you think it takes alot to save such family on the brink of distinction, then let this be a tastimonent. This family was only given $100 bill. That is it.

That is all it took for this family to go from this:

hooyo_iyo_caruurtii.jpg

To this:

DSCF90713.JPGsmile.gif ---smiles on their faces.

"Muuqaalkii Caruurtii hooyadood ku dhawaaqday inay dadka u qaybinayso gaajo darteed oo ishoodu aad u qurxoontahay oo hor taagan sandaqadii loo dhisay oo ilaa Rinjigii loo dhamaystiray "-Source: SDWO.com

Aaliyyah   

100 dollars does make a great deal of difference back home.

May allah swt reward those who changed these young ones lives ..and wht hurts me is that it takes just lil to make a difference yet so many of us are too involved in our own lives.

May allah swt make us those who think about others and those who are in need ...

salaam

WHAAAT? Is that all the clothes they could buy with $100? Somebody is getting ripped off big time.

The most they should have spent on those clothes for the 6 children is, at most, $55.

I am hoping some one decides to challenge me to prove it - then I'll actually show you that they could have been clothe for even less than $55.

I sent money to galkacyo during ramadan, $50.

But just looking at that large family, I can't help but thinking why have so many kids when your poor knowing full well you won't be able to feed/clothe them? Maybe we should start sending contraceptives to somalia as well, lower the population and more girls going to school.

That's the most effective way to tackle poverty instead of just sending a lump sum of money. Same with somali's who send money to their families back home, it only encourages laziness if you just send them money whenever they need it, instead we should be sending enough money to start their own business and they can take care of themselves.

Aaliyyah   

lol walaal not only do they have 7 kids. Each guy has like three wives...

But, from religious perspective you are not suppose to control how many kids you gonna have...

salaam

Originally posted by billy1944:

WHAAAT? Is that all the clothes they could buy with $100? Somebody is getting ripped off big time.

The most they should have spent on those clothes for the 6 children is, at most, $55.

I am hoping some one decides to challenge me to prove it - then I'll actually show you that they could have been clothe for even less than $55.

I challenge you to this .........

what kind of proof do you want ??? ,,

If you are talking about the clothes at the normal market then you might be right but there are more and more markets of the used clothes which will not cost more than 1 or 2 dollars each. Some are even cheaper.

winnie   

on closer inspection, it looks like they just changed the background.

the first pic, their home looks dingy, but in the second pic, its the same home but from a different angle.

if you look on the left side of the pic, you'll see the old hut.

hmmmmm

Buuxo   

$100 may not fully feed and clothe me, but it certainly will do a lot for those who do not have a cent. Inshallah lets give charity , and make ourselves a home in paradise,IA.

MZanzi   

i wonder where in somalia one can spend 100 dollar in one night?

Ma lacagta jawaanada lagu qaada hal habeen lagu baashaaala markaasa jawaanka qashinka lagu si tuura