Sign in to follow this  
Khayr

Is this INNOVATIVE or Just plain DUMB?

Khayr   

U.S. woman seeks plea bargain in faked abduction

Ruse may have been prompted by fading romantic relationship

MADISON, Wis. (AP) — A college student who staged her own disappearance last month will try to reach a plea agreement and avoid trial on charges she obstructed officers, her attorney said today.

Audrey Seiler, 20, a University of Wisconsin-Madison sophomore from Rockford, Minn., faces up to nine months in jail and a $10,000 fine for each of two misdemeanor charges. Her attorney, Randy Hopper, appeared on her behalf Thursday in Dane County Circuit Court.

Hopper said he will meet with District Attorney Brian Blanchard but would not elaborate what kind of agreement he would like to reach for Seiler.

Seiler will remain free on a signature bond, Court Commissioner Todd Meurer said. Hopper said Seiler was home with her parents in Rockford, Minn.

"She obviously is dealing with a lot of trauma related to this, she's going through a very difficult time. She's having both some emotional and some physical problems to deal with as you might expect somebody who's gone through something like this," Hopper said after appearing in court.

Seiler disappeared from her off-campus apartment March 27 without her coat or purse. She was discovered curled in a fetal position in a marsh four days later, and told police that a man had abducted her at knifepoint.

But police concluded Seiler made up the story after obtaining a store videotape that showed her buying the knife, duct tape, rope and cold medicine she claimed her abductor used to restrain her. Seiler confessed after she was confronted with the tape, according to authorities.

"I set up everything. I'm just so messed up. I'm sorry," they quoted her as saying. But she later recanted the statement, insisting she had been abducted.

The criminal complaint depicts Seiler as a young woman upset by a fading relationship with her boyfriend, Ryan Fisher.

Friends said the two had been fighting, and Seiler's roommate, Heather Thue, told officers that Fisher did not pay as much attention to Seiler as she wanted. Seiler's mother told police her daughter had not been herself lately and was "extremely needy" of Fisher.

Three days before she disappeared, her laptop was used to log onto Fisher's e-mail account and read exchanges "with romantic overtones" between him and another woman, according to the complaint.

Hundreds of people from Madison and Seiler's hometown searched for her after she disappeared, and her claim about an armed man touched off a major manhunt that authorities said cost the police about $96,000.

A message left at Seiler's home in Rockford, Minn., was not immediately returned. There was no answer at the campus telephone number for Fisher.

Hopper said Seiler was home with her parents and receiving ``medical care and the care and support that she needs from her family.''

If she was smart and didn't buy all the material all at once, do you think that she would have pulled if off???

What do you think Nomads?

This could be another way of raising funds for your tuition or building your dream house

in Somaliland/Somalia, you know that villa that you always dreamed about. :rolleyes:

INNOVATIVE or DUMB???

I think that she is BRILLLLLIANT-INNOVATIVE!!! :D

pearl   

she is beyond dumb, just imagine the heart atttack she gave to her parents. if ur gona fake a crime u got to think like a criminal.

she did all this to plz a man!!.. home-gal is definitely addicted!! and they aint no cure!!

watch it xalimoos..yall get addicted!..no telling whatcha yall will do!

She was crying for attention . she needs to be evaluated by a psychiatrist.For real, there are such medical disorders where ppl do dumb or take risks to make a point- A red banner saying paps, ma I need help , u havent been paying attention 2 me. Or she may have an impulsive disorder like ppl who set fires or are destructive, though it wouldnt favour her as she planned it thoroughly. She may have been in depression or psychotic - creating her own fantasy world, she may have been on drugs who knows. What she sure needs to do is lay on the couch and be diagnosed either by a psychoanalyst or psychiatrist. Maybe the real intention was she wanted to commit suicide but she couldnt bear it.

Oh if u ask me - i call it a dumb move.