Sign in to follow this  
Reality Check

The term ABEED used by arabs

Sky   

I think its fantastic!

Now I agree with Jacaylbaro, we are entitled to an explanation here. You sound kinda bossy.

We use the word Adoon in reference to darker people. If its something like that, than of course I condemn it. Its just not right to call people slaves, because of their physical characteristics. And overall I'm not a fan of Arabs. What can you expect from a people where men are feminem (check the clothes and the kiss greeting) and their women masculine (check the facial hair).

dawoco   

I think when particular countries are known to supply workers to a well-off country, the people from those countries become labled lowly terms.

In the arab world, the people that are called abeed claim a link with the arab world, while they are seen as lowly workers by the arabs, and not "like them" because they don't look like arabs, and are generally seen as inferior.

The link through our religion doesn't carry much wheight in that instance, as it is about one nation having superiority and other nations wanting to force themselves on that nation

Originally posted by Sky:

quote:

I think its fantastic!

Now I agree with Jacaylbaro, we are entitled to an explanation here. You sound kinda bossy.

I dont see how I'm being bossy.

In any case, to those of you who know the term abeed (arabic for black, its root word meaning slave). Alot of Arabs use it. So i'm wondering if that is offensive to you all? How do you feel about it?

OH YEAH ,, GOT IT NOW ,,,, yes of course it is damn offensive and they use it for da africans only ,,,, if u say it to them u'll be killed immediately ,,, then why me? ,,,,, I HATE IT ,,,,

Hello DA,Good to see you're Back.

Now,i have never interacted with em 'towel Heads' before. Never meet em in my day to day life,Aside from the occasional Salaams.

If he Ever does,I more than Prolly would say a more offensive word back at him.More than anything i would prolly whoop his A$$. Or Perhaps just brush it off. Depending on my mood & his Tone.

Its quite offensive i tell Ya.Someone should ask for reparations as well from these Arabs who Traded and Participated in Slave trade.[As this is where the word originated from].

I dont see how I'm being bossy

:cool:

The same people who are saying that the word 'abeed' is offensive are themselves insulting...calling arabs 'towel head', and 'feminine men' and 'masucline women'. :rolleyes: What gives YOU the right to be rude and not them? :rolleyes:

So is the word Nigger used by the Americans and money other degrading words by other people depending on their culture and one's state.

It's not a big deal and as a matter of fact these kind of words are only being used by the ignorant and not very civilised people which we should'nt be bothered very much about it.

Sky   

What gives YOU the right to be rude and not them?

FF

I'm not being rude, I'm just being honest.

I dont see how I'm being bossy.

DA

No comment.

Tuujiye   

D.A wlc back! And I see u didn't change much..still telling people what to do and bringing topics that make people heat up..lol..which Ireally like..

Cabiid means slave. The arabs "who I don't like" use that term to make them selfs feel bigger and better than them. For me, I would like to see a white guy to call me the N word than a skirt wearing, gorgorad jiiding CARAB!!!YAA KALAAAAAAB!! sorry dhiigaa i kacay as always..

PS. D.A I missed u sweety wlc back.. :D

Wareer Badanaa!!!

Not much to discuss, is there? Another derogatory word. This will just turn into an opportunity to bash Arabs and it'll be boring and hypocritical. Somalis use negative words for negros. What's there to discuss?

Baluug   

The name "abiid" just goes to show how far some arabs have strayed far away from their diin,which originated right in their own country.No one is a slave,but to ALLAH SWT