Sign in to follow this  
stpaulchick

Somali's/S.Landers

Okay this may seem like a ****** question, but what is the difference between Somali's and SomaliLand??? I mean it just seems to be some ****** seperation. I've just heard about this in the last five years and I never really tried to understand at full hand..what it meant. I know that I'm from "Somalia"..born in Mugadishu. Buit ....ahhhhh I'm still confused. :rolleyes:

shyhem   

They are the same sh!t.What differences did u expected from them,they live in the same country and pretty much contribute nothing to the world, development wise.

I don't really see any differences btw the two.The innocent, common man is on the recieving end of the whole qabil politics in both the south and the north.

As far i'm concerned all somalis are equal and should be united under one nation under God.

Almas   

St.Paul Chick... I believe its just political garbage, were the same people, speak the same, language, and share the same religion. There is no difference

Sommerican...with liberity and justice for all too maybe? lol

shyhem   

saabir

Do u know the differences btw geography and politics.

No wonder the whole politics section of this website is run by guys who think qabil=2politics.

Almas

True dat,liberty and justice for all.

SOO MAAL   

whats the difference between the india and indainland, or china and chineseland, or Ethoipia and Ethoipianland.

Mogadisho is also somaliland.

stp! is this a complication from birthing?? u talking about day and nite gal!!

just think of family of five with 2 spoiled kids!!

dont worry, u will feel it in about couple of yrs after u lay out the african village!! :(

dawoco   

Sis, if my lacking comprehension is correct, Somalia was devided into sections run by the English and Italians and some other entity i'm sure, the french had a stake. The north, or Somali-land as some would like to call it now, was the first part of Somalia to be liberated (i think), they were 4days or so ahead of the rest of Somalia, but when the whole of Somalia was liberated all sections, except those taken by Ethiopia, became known as the Republic of Somalia.

*At least that is the little amount of information I have on Somalia, or indeed, Somali-land.

If you ask me, they are two sides of the same coin, but with one side wanting to adhere to a different currency value than the other.

Sky   

somalia is a country.

somaliland is part of that country (in the northwest), but wants to break away from the rest of somalia and be an own country instead of part of an existing country somalia.

differences, the ppl from the northwest that call themself somaliland have brown teeth, they chew khat like theres no tomorrow, they cant pronounce the letter "R" and they are allowed to say "nayaa" to their female counterparts without facing serious physical damage. for the rest we are the same. :cool:

shyhem   

^^^

U are one of the guys i was talking about.U think qabil is the same sh!t as poilitics.U didn't have to insult the pple of the north or northwest to give u'r point.

U talking about qabil is like me talking about my social security and telling CNN that i'm a politician coz i belong to my security number.

Qabil is archaic procedure that we used to identify each other usually for the right reasons,basically just as the americans use social security number to identify each other.But unlike somalis u don't see them using it for political purposes.

ADNAAN   

Originally posted by Sky:

the ppl from the northwest that call themself somaliland have brown teeth, they chew khat like theres no tomorrow, they cant pronounce the letter "R" and they are allowed to say "nayaa" to their female counterparts without facing serious physical damage. for the rest we are the same. :cool:

Am speechless, i don’t think this direct & naked insult should be tolerated by the admin.

Originally posted by Sky:

differences, the ppl from the northwest that call themself somaliland have brown teeth, they chew khat like theres no tomorrow, they cant pronounce the letter "R" and they are allowed to say "nayaa" to their female counterparts without facing serious physical damage. for the rest we are the same. :cool:

You are such an ANAL, i tell you bud.You need to take that back. and when bro Somerican ttried to bring sense to you, you had the nerves to yell bla bla bla,like an adolocent white girl!

Did it occur to you that,paharps you are the one WHo is mispronouncing the 'DH' instead of the "R"?

ponder on that.

All this on the month of 'SOMALINIMO' :eek: :eek:

This whole divide thing was something created by the British,Italian and French. But these mali's think they be doin themselves a favour by "creatin their own LAND" and takin the divide origianlly created by the above countries further. Their doing exactly what the west wants'em to. All goes with the whole "divide and conquer" concept only those somali's who made up this name are ****** enough to do the dividing for themselves. Somalia was the only the country where the Americans didn't take slaves from. That's why the West wanted rid of this powerful nation and so far, they are succeeding in their efforts to such an extent where they don't have to do anything anymore.