Sign in to follow this  
Armstrong

Open Topic 4 All: Clubbing/Ruwaayad on Eid Day...

^^^^^its from the sean paul video get busy.

Eid the party/ruwayad is just a gathering that is part of bringing people together. I know people that never go out that go out on that day just to mingle with the people. I don't think its wrong. The same thing used to happen back home.

Dhimbil   

I will be frank here, I think Eid party/ruwaayads are one of the best entertainment events. I have been going to them every year and i have no intention of deviating from tradition. smile.gif

Yes, celebrate with family all day, take the kids out, give them money, take your parents to the prayer, maybe have a fiest and invite all family and fiends to your house. But after all this all day, its good to let it go and enjoy the evening and mingle with people you hvn't seen for a while, people of your age group. For me, I see people i hvn't seen the longest at eid prayer and eid ruwaayads, there are people who don't go out, but only do it eid night.

Yes, any party has consequences religiously, but that is between god and his creatures. You can't shun eid party, but celebrate new year.

Ramadaan Mubarak

Like Shyhem said I don't know what it is about Eid day...but as soon as I get back home from pray I head straight to bed...and don't wake up until that night.

And I do have to agree with illmatic and section6er on this topic. I think it's perfectly okay to go out that night to a ruwaayad/party. I mean how can u go out other times (ex.New Year's) and not this time? That doesn't justify anything..ur gonna be doing the same thing. What do u guys wanna go after Eid? I mean if that's the situation...there are some Ruwaayads that they proposly set it on a day Eid wouldn't fall on. I just don't get it :D

Sophist   

My plans are to just catch up with my old freinds in London--- Mujahid we should meet up mate, so as Jamaal11--- come down to the city man! what are you going to in Middlesex!! we shall all take the micky out of each other.

Mowgli   

Asalaama Alaikum

In my life, I have been to one eid ruwayaad/party...lol it was a very tramatic experience lets just say. You spend the whole Ramadan (as many have already mentioned) fasting and asking Allah (swt) to forgive us and our sins and you go to a eid party.

Let us be honest with each other....what on earth do we gain? There are half naked girls, couples making out in the corner, fights breaking out and to my shock a brother came up to me *with a bottle of champagne/wine in his hand * shouting out "Eid Mubarak Walaal"...never had I experienced such shame and disgust.

There are definetly other ways to catch up with people you haven't seen for a while. You can't really talk at eid parties cuz the music is so loud anyways.

First day of eid I always spend it with family & taking the kids out...sometimes on the same night, or the next day I go out with my friends...we meet up, *am not big on shopping but they are*, then in the evening we go to a restuarant where we can sit down, talk and catch up with each other. I find that to be much more fulfilling them being at some eid party...it was a mistake I made once redface.gif and insha allah will never repeat in my life again!

Ma'Salaama and eiid wanaagsan

Rahima   

This concept has always confused me also. I don't understand how one could celebrate a holy day with something which can cause the anger of the one who sanctioned the holy day :confused: . Blatant contradiction dare i say?

Illmatic, the same can be said for New Years parties if not worse. I don't believe anyone was trying to justify it. smile.gif

you know since we are on this topic of differentiating the scale of a sin in different times and what not..i was just wondering..why most somalis think listening to other music is more haram than listening somali music..you know most of you do..lol..and why do we (let me include ma self befo any body targets me..lol) think is more haram to go to the theaters and watch a movie in ramadan than just to watch movie on tv...is the same ish but is all bout phsycological mind frame and little culture influence..

you know since we are on this topic of differentiating the scale of a sin in different times and what not..i was just wondering..why most somalis think listening to other music is more haram than listening somali music..you know most of you do..lol..and why do we (let me include ma self befo any body targets me..lol) think is more haram to go to the theaters and watch a movie in ramadan than just to watch movie on tv...is the same ish but is all bout phsycological mind frame and little culture influence..