Sign in to follow this  
Armstrong

Open Topic 4 All: Clubbing/Ruwaayad on Eid Day...

First of all happy Eid to ya.

Secondly,I wanted to discuss about the Eid Raves/Ruwaayad culture we maliz have appeared to adopted.

Dam! there are flyers everywhere on the wall pasted.

All I am saying is that we go through Ramadhaan a whole month trying our best.

Isn't there better ways to celebrate eid than raving/ruwaayad on the night?

When I say ruwaayad I mean a somali bash/rave.

Not the other kind of ruwaayad back at home that we have.

In my opinion, Eid day should be a celebration,

a joyful event with so much memories.

Something you can tell your grandchildren markaad oday ama islaan tahay without much worries.

So I want to ask folks in this place what are the alternatives to raving/ruwaayad on eid day?

Perhaps we can share some suggestions on what to do, in this thread have your say?

Mujahid...

SuNsHyNe   

-Spend time with family and friends.

-Ladies goo shopping, shopping and more shopping with your hard earned cash! ;)

-Visit elders, e.g. uncles, grandparents etc.

-In the evening when your relaxed go out with family or friends in Edgware Road for a nice meal or just relax there! icon_razz.gif

Thats sounds good and I might just do that :D ...except that I have to go to work the next day! :mad:

Sophist   

Mujahid, I understand your concerns my dearest brother.

As human beings, we are inately feeble in our approach of life and its intricate realities.

People want to have "fun" and the only way that is available to them in the west are those aforementioned things, perhaps you should conjure up some physically stimulating "fun" for us to do!!!!.

Afur Wanaagsan

Sophist

Changed   

By Rave u mean they dance and do drugs , and techno playing ......or a somali band is performing u go there and have a good time :confused:

Mujahid,

I was thinking of starting a topic like this cuz to this day I don't understand it. Yes we can have a get together on eid but not have parties where you are likely to commit more sins...especially right after the holy month..Thats hipocracy in my book!

Xafsa   

^^^ exactly! To me EID is a holy day to celebrate the end of a holy month...in order to enjoy it you need to have good clean fun!

ScarFace   

Originally posted by SuNsHyNe:

-Ladies goo shopping, shopping and more shopping with your hard earned cash!
;)

lool

damn sunshyne the clothes in your closet not enuff. gurls and shoppin yu cant seperate dem well look guud cusin..

Mujahid as for the topic dont worry its a phase young somali youths are going thru... nuffink can be done about it. its der choice whether they want to go out ravin or not......but all dis tings rawaayad and raves yu see da same shiid

da same gurls

da same brudas at every rave

da same music

da some fuked up fibe

da same conflicts

so anyone wants to rave after ramadan well blow ya self

Originally posted by Mujahid:

When I say ruwaayad I mean a somali bash/rave. Not the other kind of ruwaayad back at home.

WHATS DA difference between a rave and a somali ruwayad back home same shiid. dont Differentiate

ITS ALL DA SAME :D:D

N.O.R.F   

Its now an accepted thing,especially in london, any ruwaayds in Sheff, Cardiff or Liverpool are cancelled due to wadaads standing at the doors.

Just remember the six days of shawaal!!!!

I know some people this days mix up partying and celebrating EID....

Ilaahey hasoo hanuuniyo dadka amiin, wax kaloo aan dhihi karno maleh...

Happy EID nomads

hukri   

Yeah I've acutally wondered about that :rolleyes:

sooo....any suggestions for some clean fun?? smile.gif

btw SuNsHyNe liked your idea ;)

|Peace|Love|Respect|

LuCkY   

Ruwaayads/raves are a no no.

Some of the things ya'LL mentioned are a good idea.For some physicaL fun why dont ya'LL take up physicaL activities such as sports...have tournaments where you have trophies and whatnot for the winners.How about getting together and doing a good deed such as voLunteering at your LocaL Masjid...how about zakaat-you dont have to wait untiL that period comes ya know.

How about taking the LocaL kids and pLanning activities for them...I dont know about ya'LL but i see endLess possibiLities present.

salams,

One suggestion is for eveyone to spend time with people you haven't seen for a while. Those cousins you only see when your whole family have made you :D . Eiid is about celebrating and remembering those poeple that mean something to you.Don't cancel out all the deeds you made up in Ramadan, by doing what u know ain't right...in the end it's ultimatley up to y'all.

Have a great Eiid whatever it is u decide to do ;)

shyhem   

I think visiting friends and family members is the best way to celebrate eid but checking at my previous record it seems that the best thing i do on eid day right after prayers is heading back to my crib and sleeping all day.

Eid is not the same any more. I remember in Kenya on the day we will go house to house and eating little something at each house. Then we will goe for some eid money. At night we will all go to the theater. The whole theater was just muslim people.