Sign in to follow this  
Ms DD

Fellas, Do you discuss politics with females?

Ms DD   

Salaam aleykum

Are you one of those who dont discuss politics with women? If you are, why are you sexist?

In the olden days women were considered ineffective actors in the political process. Now things have changed. I think women can bring fresh prespective into the political arena.

I discuss politics with women if they are good at it ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, :D

most of our women prefer to talk about relationship and stuff like that instead of discussing the real politics on the ground.

Yes women can bring fresh prespective into the plitical arena but few of them are trying to do so out of millions ,,, :D

Som@li   

Walahi the other day I saw one of my friends and his wife having a real Fadhi Kudurir, Damm she was good at it. Geed aby nagu xidhay!lol

Ms DD   

One of the excuses they come out with is "we are too emotional". Maybe lack of emotion is waxa na dhigay halkan.

Jaceyl: How do you judge when a female is good at discussing politics? Is it when she agrees with you ?

Dabshid: I met many intelligent women are on top of their game when discussing politics and (in my limited experience) clannism isnt an influence.

Ibtisam   

looool Jac, double loool @dabshid ( you had a make over :D

Cambarro, when you say men, do you mean all men?

I studied Third World Politics and IR at uni, and most white guys were fine with me, but the African men was a different story, there no Somali’s in my course, so i have not tested it out Somali men yet.

Some of the events i hold (which tent to be political and current affairs) when I invite somali girls, they always say they don't do politics, which always makes me feel like screaming in their face.

So some women have no interest in it and the guys try make a mountain out of.

Somali politics is a different story though, I think Women are too emotional, which in this is better/ an advantage because they are not bent up on this fifth oodwao owwee clan's, While guys consider loyalty, pride etc.

Agreement can never be used to decided if she is good or not, in politics there is no right answer and we'll have different of opinion :D It is the ability to convince you that their option is also logical and a rational choice which is either better than yours or on the same level, all without offending you, the art of diplomacy.

Hunguri   

A man can never achieve his political goal, untill a woman is a part of it :D . There for women are by nature politicians. Waar niyohow, they can rock the world :D .

Som@li   

If all somali women were into politcs and aware of the current affairs, many men would NOT have to go Fadhi kudurir area, and stay at home.

Ibtisam, Miyaad i garanwaydey, lool,

Ibtisam   

^^Waaxaan iislaah, kaan yaar eey koorikar waaye the empty space iska faariso deeh untill i saw the name. ( if you can't read/ make sense of that, it is not my fault )

You know what i don't like, empty discussions and debates. Somali and Arab people debate till they are blue in the face with no end product, no action, no improvement, maaxad iska xiijin in that case, just shoosh and amus :rolleyes:

Ms DD   

^^ You are correct there ibti. I think few women are interested in politics, however those women sometimes face prejudice from their menfolk. Notice however when a foreign female in authority meets them and however they fall over themselves to please her.

Anyhow I am not really down on ALL men, but just few insecure ones.

ANother good point you made was the lack of interest from our women. I happen to believe if they were bit more proactive in the political arena, we would have moved on from this patriachal frame of mind a lot more quicker. I recall my trip to Boosaaso, many females were protesting how they didnt hold positions of authority. It was shown in SBC TV (i think it was called this). It appeared that they were getting their way too.

BOB   

Originally posted by Cambarro:

Salaam aleykum

Are you one of those who dont discuss politics with women? If you are, why are you sexist?

Salam Aleikum W.W

I don't discuss politics with neither of them...how about that? smile.gif

If you want to have a long lasting relationship...marry a man/woman who supports the traditional enemy of the sporting team you follow.

for example if he/she's a Yankees fan...you better be obsessed with the Red Sox...if he's an Arsenal fan...your team is called Spurs...if he supports England be an Scotsman and always support the other team regardless how good or bad they are and you will have one long blissful marriage filled with love & mind blowing ahem ahem...you know where I am going with this. smile.gif

Salam Aleikum W.W

Peace, Love & Unity.

Gabdhaha maxee qabaan oo u diiday siyaasadda? Juudaan miyaa?

Inkastoo siyaasadeena qalafsantahay, there is nothing wrong walaashiis.

I personally don't mind to have a whole Cabinet that consists all-female -- in fact, I welcome, they are what we need now since kuwa na horboodaayo waxba keeni waayeen ka ahayn dal dumis, dad dil iyo maandarooyin jaad ku jiro.

Gabdhihiina u istaaga dalkaas, idinka uu idin sugaa, waligiina jaamac haka sugin wax quman uu keeno inyar ka ahayn.

Sky   

Women are far too emotional to carry decent discussions about politics. I seldomly talk about politics with women. To be honest Somali women are not that good in talking politics. There are of course exceptions. But who can blame them, even young men are often excluded by older men. Let alone women and young women at that.

But to say that Somali men caused the mess Somalia is in. That is absolutely correct. But if Somali women were in charge it would have probably been worse. Runta aan isu sheegno.

^ Is that 'runta' aad isu sheegtid? LoL.

I'm amused by your claim that 'women are too emotional to carry decent discussions about politics'. Are you sure about that? I suppose you haven't been paying attention to the high level of emotion displayed by faaraxs in the politics section?

Gotta love such generalisations.