Sign in to follow this  
NinBrown

Who are the great somalians?

NinBrown   

I was watching on TV last night the Greatest Britons, Who in your eyes are the Great Somalians, doesnt matter wethere they are woriors, warlords, entertainers and reformers.

I just want to see spectrum of choice people might put forward, and in the process i might learn something.

Haaruun   

Good question; They were Ahmed Gurey, Sayid mohamed Abdulle Hassan, Musse Galaal,Osman Rage......

I 4got the name of the book, but there's a book that put all these men together and talked about them one by one....check the somali bookshops

nuune   

am gonna add:

Araweelo(she played an important role)

Oday Biiqe

Cigaal Shidaad(total comedian)

and recently:

Carays Ciise Kaarshe(i just like all his peoms and afareeys)try the one: Hooyada waa lama huraan by him.

Haaruun   

Dhagax-tuur was not a man, it was a when every somali person grabbed a rock and said hell with the Gaalada...it sympolizes the 1st day that the rock throwing started.

NoVa   

Everyone threw dhagax @ them gaalos'..r ya for real??? lol the beggining of a long dhagax tuuro 4 the gaalo's dat come to the country...

Baashi   

And all the brave poets who took the role of media and brought tears of all Somalis. They were real catalyst of the struggle for our independence.

bless their soul,

Rokko   

Politically speaking ummm How bout Siyaad Barre..

Now I know some of ya are like whata %@#$#, but hey hold on to your horses aight and tell me this. Ever since he was overthrown, have you seen anything better..??? your answer will be like..ohh yeah...well..ummmm aaahhhh maybe not.

I thought so :D;)

I know he was a dictator and wasn't one of the nicest guy na'mean when it comes doing favorism over clans and on but c'mon let's be realistic, the guy did whatever it took him to keep things in order and there was something call Rules and regulations, well maybe it was corrupted but to compare it what's going now, Siyad's would be Heaven.

I bet those who are born post Siyad Barre, would wish he was still in power so they could have the same kinda life we had back then na'mean.

That's my 1 1/2 cent

Ariadne   

Originally posted by Mobb_Deep:

I bet those who are born post Siyad Barre, would wish he was still in power so they could have the same kinda life we had back then na'mean.

¨still wish he was in power so we can have an erruption of frustration all over again?! :confused: I think not :rolleyes:

Rokko   

WEll.. I think they wouldn't mind the erruption of frustration than what has/is going on there now cuz it's matter of life and death there right now.

One...