Sign in to follow this  
Liqaye

I am sorry ladies but you really do not have any MALE friends

Looooooool. Reminds me of most of my relatioships with male friends. I think I'll be punished for my indifference cuz I could see them wearing their hearts on their sleeves and serving me with such tenderness and I of course was selfish and looked the other way :( Oh, if only you could forge attraction :(

Alright C&H,

it's offical with this comment now I demand to see a picture of you to ascertain you are as beautiful as you seem to be.

As to this topic, honestly ladies, I don't think guys care that much to wait around and in your weak moment to fall into his arms...So if they stay around after not hitting it with you then it's because they just consider you a friend :D

bee bye SS

it's offical with this comment now I demand to see a picture of you to ascertain you are as beautiful as you seem to be.

:D:D:D

No Sis, it has more to do with charm and personality than looks ;) . But seriously, it had a lot to do with me having more male friends than girl friends. And when you have that many male friends, there's bound to be a few who might fall for you. Also, with friendship(without infatuation)you get a chance to know each other rather well and because you know so much about that person's life, you tend to wonder what if? ;) . Not their fault, at all. I'm a big flirt :D

Ashkiro   

^Are those male friends Somali males by any chance? I don't see how any sister could be good friends w/ a Somali brother and not face rumors either spread by him or other nosy ppl. Or perhaps it's small towns hmm. Friendship knows no gender, race, or religion, but there are Islamic rules to follow and not get too close to the opposite gender.

Malika   

Male friends are fantastic for the ego,but..I mean what hot blooded male would hang around a non muharam sister and not be tempted?? kaasii waa miid nooq kalee,cold blooded lizard..lol

C&H,you remind me of Johnny Bravo the cartoon..Lol "Oh mama! they want me"..Lol

Nehanda   

^ i disagree with you on that point.It is possible to form a close relationship with a male without any desires from both sides. I can honestly say this because one of my very good friends is male, I have known him for long and feel no shame sharing my thoughts and feelings with him. We have a platonic yet strong friendship.

Ibtisam   

^^^Not true, he told me something else :eek: He said, he would be more than happy to marry you, but he knows you would say no. icon_razz.gif

How is your holiday going?? :D

I agree, you can be friends with male under strange circumstances, but even if you are sure of your intentions, you can never be sure of theirs, and they might have the wrong end of the stick. Best to just get them to admit it and then move beyond it, rather then keeping it in the closet and letting him have false hope. After that you can be friends.

I can be very good friends with none- Somali, none- African males

Pujah   

You can have honest and sincere friendship if there is no attraction from either side and I can say with authority male friends are the best kind of friends.

yo...all my friends are xalimoos! i got no reason hanging with a faarax...cuz i am faarax so case is closed.

if a xalimoos say no! good frobidd..lol.. i make her a good friend & invest in her in a good dinner. and then i just point out to her who in her friends that i want.

bingo..case closed. my pick gets delievered to me. i dont even have to go and get her...sweet!!

guerilla   

Originally posted by chocolate & honey:

Looooooool. Reminds me of most of my relatioships with male friends. I think I'll be punished for my indifference cuz I could see them wearing their hearts on their sleeves and serving me with such tenderness and I of course was selfish and looked the other way
:(
Oh, if only you could forge attraction
:(

It's easier than you think :D

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL! (Cackles her lungs out)

My god that was so funny because there's truth in it. LOL Poor deluded fools, tisk tisk.

Paragon   

Originally posted by Nehanda:

^ i disagree with you on that point.It is possible to form a close relationship with a male without any desires from both sides. I can honestly say this because one of my very good friends is male, I have known him for long and feel no shame sharing my thoughts and feelings with him. We have a platonic yet strong friendship.

The operative word is 'you think'. And what you think isn't what 'they think'. smile.gif

Yeah ofcourse there can be friendship, but a friendship based on 'utility', as opposed to that based on 'pleasure' or 'goodness' of the other. The latter, which is the true friendship, cannot possibly come into existence between two people of the opposite sex. I had many female friends once, and coincidentally enough, they were either very pretty or good at typing essays. It was a beautiful friendship. smile.gif