Sign in to follow this  
Modesty

Why are Somali men unromantic?

Hunguri   

Originally posted by cynical lady:

Why are Somalis backward, why are Somali man unromantic…. The amount of why’s in SOL are getting out of hand, am sure soon we shall have a thread asking why dogs lick there balls?

loooooooooooooooool@ why dogs lick there balls!

WILDCAT   

There are a lot of romantic Somali men. The Somali man cannot be faulted for romance.

The only pity is that beneath it all, most are grade A misogynists. smile.gif

...A nationwide neurosis for which I have not yet found an explanation. This shall remain one of the world's great mysteries to me. Maybe someone here would care to offer an explanation...

WILDCAT   

^ I will however be generous enough to put this down to having a bad spate of luck on my part. I attract weird stuff.

If there is a nutter in the room, he will invariably end up sitting next to Wildcat. Sod's Law. :D

Chimera   

My brother's childhood friend who i consider a brother too was never really a muscular type of guy he looked normal but today we call him Arnold, all because of his wife who wanted a ripped husband and he adapted

those who take a defeatist attitude will never become a satisfied individual those who try will have a much healthier life, but just remember there is a flipside to this adaption; your husband will want to have his own little wishes come true aswell :D

Modesty   

wildcat writes

The only pity is that beneath it all, most are grade A misogynists. [smile]

I concur on that too.

Mr."Cadaan"...I don't think marrying non-somali is a bad idea, BUT I think it depends on location and who you encounter the most.

Modesty   

Alsumale, I agree with your friend's wife. I can't imagine having a fat husband, I'm sorry but your going to have to hit the gym and I'll go with you even! If a woman truly loves her husband, she would not let him being walking around flabby and fat...and we know how we love to feed pasto and bariis with alot of meat and oil smile.gif

Chimera   

Originally posted by WILDCAT:

^ He goes to the gym solely for his wife's benefit? Now
that's
dedication. That must really be a love match.

Actually he used to be a very strong violent person he was the guy i would always run to as a kid if i had problems with the Yugoslavians and Antilians because unlike my brothers he was crazy but now all of that energy goes into the gym and he stopped smoking aswell so his wife was/is clearly a positive factor in his life

lol@modesty i'm Arnold jr

RedSea   

Originally posted by Cadaan:

quote:Originally posted by Modesty:

Ok, my problem is I can't see myself with ajnabi guy, I haven't given one a serious try ...I guess I have to "teach" one how to behave :rolleyes:

OK, so you complain about Somali men being not romantic enough, but then reject the idea of marrying someone else. You have 2 choices:

1. Take a chance and go for ajnabi guy who may or may not be the rom,antic type you want(just because a man is not Somali doesn't mean he's romantic)

2. Go for a Somali guy and quit whining.

If you do decide on #1, you know where to look.
:D
lol@Cadaani :D:D:D

Those who don't treat women right are just not good people, so don't drag the whole somali men nation in here dee walal. smile.gif

Aaliyyah   

People have difference expectations, some desire a romantic man who would take them out to a romantic dinner, light a candle, and u know give a chocolate, jewelry and what not. Others, appreciate small things like the fact that he cares and helps her around the house and things like that. Everyone just have a taste and certain needs, you just need to find someone who would pull the chair out for you and open the door. That been said, be easy on somali guys it runs in their genes to expect a sister who will hand feed them literally, some still need time to grasp how things work down here ;)

Anyhow that is my two cent.

Kool_Kat   

Modesty, men are like dogs, it is up to you how you train them... :D

Besides like Aaliyah said, what one considers romantic might be different to another...The whole pulling a chair thingy - show ee ila tahay ani; I'll take a movie at home and cuddling any day...Flowers on special occasions is ok too...When you know the person is right for you, you'll take the good with the bad...But all these things people see on TV isn't half the reality...

Although, being 'romantic' is nice, it isn't what makes a man a good person...And believe me there aren't that many good men out there...So as long as he is good to you, the rest, like I said just needs little training... ;)

Skipper   

Modesty horta hore i ought to congratulate you for taking the art of complaining to the very next level. The other day you were complaining of how somali faraxs stare at you for 20 minnutes, wooow, you are either exaggerating or you are very pretty, am not sure which one applys to you. When it comes to the subject at hand it depends how you defind romantic? If to you romantic is like in the indian movies where the guy has the girl at the centre of his universe, and he does every romantic move by the script and the whole nine yards then you will be dissapointed to know that in real world that doesnt happen.

lol Modesty i think the reality is dat u don't know and did not go out with all the Somalian men, the Somalian men are not the same so i woul suggest ya 2 go more partying and see wats there instead of backing of any saying u faild for Somalian guys and luk for an ajnabi guys, if i talk about ma reality i dated alot of gurls and some of them were nt romantic some of them were but the question is do i know romantic the we u know it heheh i think the rest of the peepz will ansa that. gudlucky