Sign in to follow this  
Libaax-Sankataabte

St.Paul/Minneapolis: Ma Yibirbaa, Ma Minnesota!

STOIC   

Does anyone know if the author is going to do a book signing in Atlanta ? The author lives here in Georgia and he hasn't done any book signing here.Liibaax, if you got some connection with the author can you tell him i need an autograph from him :D .The book costed me twenty dollars, i better get some handwritten signature or else i wouldn't buy any of his future books(customer power :D ) . I understand why Minnesota will be the first book signing city for him (Somali mecca) but he better not forget the black mecca.I liked the interview he did with some radio(i think it was taaljiir radio-excuse the mispelling).

STOIC   

Liibaax,as long as our resources are limited,our wants will be evaluated through economic way of thinking which gives us the power to reach informed decisions ;) .

The writer did a good job communicating his thoughts and ideas in a concrete and conscise way.The story does came to life to every Somalian.It reveals their personalities as a closed minded and wicked people. The description of Yibiir's life by the author can be dull enough for you if you already know the Yibiirs life story but if you are not familiar with their history then the descriptions of their lives in the book can be vivid and clear.The plot of the book did make sense to me.The incidence followed each other logically and realistically but towards the end the reader is left in suspense .The author does not show whether Ali's imprisonment was a governmental set up?He only mentions that the whole case was framed.I could not educe from the authors writting whether the government supported the racist society(i know he mentioned the government was controlled by Aji ).Ali's effulgence of facing the society was quite forceful.

juba   

oooh a book about Somalia!! this sounds very interesting! Are the Yibir like an ethinic group? i wonder if you could find his book in Borders.

Muhammad   

just returned from the meeting. It was very lively and emotional, with timely giggles.

the Panel were great, specially the member of parliament, who belongs to this Ethnic group.