Sign in to follow this  
Chimera

Marriage

winnie   

islamically you have to provide for the children, and i believe for the first 3 months of the divorce provide for her, and other than that she keeps everything she owns (including what you gave her, or bought for her) and you keep everything you own. pretty clean theoretically, but suppose you bought her furniture and a car? it can be damaging to some mens savings, but not give a dent to others.

Khalaf   

^^^^^You bought yourself (your family) the furniture and material, besides if she is the mother of your children and someone u shared a home with, no matter what goes wrong, as man Allah commands we act honorably, leave everything for her...wa dumar...it would be dishonor to demand anything back...not cool namean.

Originally posted by -Lily-:

Khalaf
, what you described was the process that takes place from the moment two people intend to marry each other. What the poster asked was,
how
you would propose to the girl. Or basically, are you saying by you doing all these things she should assume that's the way things are going?

Yup...besides proposal would mean ring and similar things...and i dont believe in that, not because i dont want give her dimonds and frost her wrist with jacobs is it? but it is against my character to follow the way of non-muslims.

Salaama alaykum, I'm planning on getting married in two years inshallah and I'm going to go about it in the most Islamic way possible. No extravagance, small reception, family and friends, and none of that diamond ring bs. If any brother comes to me with that, I won't even give him a second look.

Aaliyyah   

^^no reception..no ring? masha allah, I admire you for that.

I need a "indha sarcaad" wedding and a daimond to go with that...cant help it.... smile.gif

Ibtisam   

^^^^^Gold digger! icon_razz.gif J/K :D

On that note what is the current rate going for Mehre these days baal?? LAst I heard it was £10,000 :eek: Some guys were waiting to see if the sale starts any time soon. :D lol

Som@li   

And have seen this guy, after divorce, collecting qaraan to pay off the meher.

My advice to men, never agree to meher you can't afford to pay!

The best proposal, Doonis.

Mother: Waa lagu soo doonay?

Girl: Ayo? waa kuma?

Mother: Hebel,

Girl: :D

Aaliyyah   

Mu'minah lol the meher has to be a large sum of money eh?

Personally, I don't care about the meher that much since it is between him and me, it shouldn't matter, it could even be a small amount. Sometime, I even heard the brother doesn't have to pay anything if his wife tells him not to, but no am not that nice icon_razz.gif

But, the wedding? I have to have the best wedding in the city, it is competition ladies ;)

waa in la dhaha allah aaliya ma aragteeen nin ayeey heshay iyo aroos isku dhacaya.. :D

Dabshid taas xagee ka heli walaalo? ma akhiro :D

Miriam1   

I can't speak to the main question of this topic. Good luck on finding more stories poster. But I loved the pride and prejudice qoute Cynical lady, his first proposal was sweet and tormented ! But honestly Captain Wentworth's letter is far better

below

I can listen no longer in silence. I must speak to you by such means as are within my reach. You pierce my soul. I am half agony, half hope. Tell me not that I am too late, that such precious feelings are gone for ever. I offer myself to you again with a heart even more your own than when you almost broke it, eight years and a half ago. Dare not say that man forgets sooner than woman, that his love has an earlier death. I have loved none but you. Unjust I may have been, weak and resentful I have been, but never inconstant. You alone have brought me to Bath. For you alone, I think and plan. Have you not seen this? Can you fail to have understood my wishes? I had not waited even these ten days, could I have read your feelings, as I think you must have penetrated mine. I can hardly write. I am every instant hearing something which overpowers me. You sink your voice, but I can distinguish the tones of that voice when they would be lost on others. Too good, too excellent creature! You do us justice, indeed. You do believe that there is true attachment and constancy among men. Believe it to be most fervent, most undeviating, in F. W.

"I must go, uncertain of my fate; but I shall return hither, or follow your party, as soon as possible. A word, a look, will be enough to decide whether I enter your father's house this evening or never.

Jamster   

love, marriage and long romantic companionship are all difficult business to maintain unless the two involved are not spiritually at ease with one another. On that note, the proposal of a marriage would be something like this:

Man: Can I ask the permission of your parents for you to be my eternal companion? I without you will have difficulty maximizing my potential as a good slave of Allah. I want us to be pious and humble clothes to another.

Girl: gives smile ;)

And the end of story.

PS: such purity of "courtship" is completely lost to many here; both the men and the woman folk. I ask Allah to guide us all to the rewarding path.

Originally posted by cynical lady:

Lily - have some kitkat dear! Am only pulling ure legs

As for Mr Darcy yap he was standing, looking devilishly handsome and in possession of fortune he then followed it up with “You must know... surely, you must know it was all for you. You are too generous to trifle with me. I believe you spoke with my aunt last night, and it has taught me to hope as I'd scarcely allowed myself before. If your feelings are still what they were last April, tell me so at once. My affections and wishes have not changed, but one word from you will silence me forever. If, however, your feelings have changed, I will have to tell you: you have bewitched me, body and soul, and I love, I love, I love you. I never wish to be parted from you from this day on”

Now why on earth would any-woman say No to that! Ehh?

I actually enjoyed reading that part of this Mr. Darcy and his Elizabeth. The drama, and to some extent the words exchanged between the two reminded me of myself and a certain someone. It didnt end quite as good in our case though. Sadly enough.

Pujah   

LooL @ all the hopeless romantics in this thread.

As for the meher girls you should base it on how many mini him... he wants to have. Say he would love 3 or 4 lil rugrats then your meher should be 3 to 4 years of your salary or his whichever is higher :D

Should he want to have his own football team...I suggest you decline the proposal and run for your dear life :D

Nephissa   

Originally posted by Dabshid:

Mother: Waa lagu soo doonay?

Girl: Ayo? waa kuma?

Mother: Hebel,

Girl:
:D

Originally posted by Fahiye:

Man: Can I ask the permission of your parents for you to be my eternal companion? I without you will have difficulty maximizing my potential as a good slave of Allah. I want us to be pious and humble clothes to another.

Girl: gives smile
;)

And the end of story.

Oh bless your hearts! Maybe you guys were so danged great they just had to snap ya up before ya took off on 'em!! :D . Most girls I know would rather be ran over by a bus, first than have that silly smile on their face.