Sign in to follow this  
Abtigiis

Love Letter to a Somaliland Girl

Abtigiis   

This letter was read in the Agriculture programme of Radio Hargeisa on October 4, 2010. The presenter announced that although the programme’s focus is on crop and livestock issues, it has been broadcasting entertaining topics and comedy in order to attract bigger audience. Here is a transcript of the programme.

Sidii aad nooga barateen , waxaa saacadan oo kale aan soo dayn jiray barnaamijkii beeraha. Waxaanse maanta idiin soo gudbinaynaa warqad jacayl ah oo aanu ka helnay mid ka mid ah dhagaystayaasha barnaamijka, ahna muwaadin u dhashay wadanka Somaliland oo qiiro wadaniyadeed oo ku dayasho mudan ka muuqato. It is because we thought the issues raised in this love letter are educational and could bolster Somaliland’s recognition pursuit that we decided to air it. Waa tan warqadii.

" I am a citizen of Somaliland. I serve my country with dedication, both at home and when I travel abroad. Because of some people’s wrong perception of the Somaliland project, they often call me ‘secessionist, tribalist, vindictive, and jewish-lover.’ I know most of this confusion is created because they do not understand the circumstances that led to the current situation and the decision-making process at Burco conference.

I just said some people, but the truth is almost all Somalis including the ones who are geographically closer to us and are supposedly within our state think I am narrow-minded. That is why they burn the sacred flag with the name of Allah in Borame for the flimsiest of reasons. I am now of the opinion all those who are not from us but greet me warmly actually want to pilfer something from us by singing the independence song we so love.

Gacaliso,

Like any lover, when I look at your eyes, I see all that I want to see in Somaliland. Kulmiye, UDUB, UCID and all other parties holding hands for the transformation of this great nation. I see all the heroes who allowed me to live long enough to see you. It is the bitter struggle of the Koodbuur’s, the Mooge’s, and many more mujahid’s who allowed us to live freely in our land. With the gratifying knowledge the gob prevailed over the gun and the fa.q.a.sh. I see transparency, democracy, electoral reform, division of power, nationalism , accountability and all facets of statehood and values that good citizens display.

The precision of your teeth, with all ordered evenly like an arithmetic equation, is a clear manifestation of the equality, fairness, culture of tolerance and rule of law that has made Somaliland what it is today.

When some see your long and dark hair, it may remind them the potential we have to produce feathery maize around Arabsiyo, if we could diversify our livestock and trade–centered economic policy. Or it may force them to stop and wonder where they have seen you before, if they are old enough to know about the green dareemo that was so ubiquitous in our land before we destroyed our trees for charcoal production and other destructive activities.

Thinking about your breasts brings tears to my eyes as I see the parallel between them and the brave Somaliland army men and women that stand with breathtaking perpendicularity and strive day and night to quell the terrorist maneuvers of the SSC zealots and the sinister trespassing of the ONLF. And I shiver the same way these enemies shake when they came face to face with this might.

Inaadeertey macaan,

Although the slimness of your waist-line is like a clean Kulmiye politician who has never been subjected to any inquiries of corruption, when I look at your back side, it is easy to relate it to the boom in our economy and the level of development our country has achieved so far. I sometimes wish we hang the national flag and all national treasures like the pictures of founding fathers like Mohamed Haji Ibrahim Igal on your head, so that all can see from afar. You are that tall.

My love, it is your inside beauty and mind that attracted me to you more than your bodily endowment. I have seen you in rallies and demonstrations in many of our infinite election campaigns and events, and I realized they have made you mature and wise. If you wouldn’t call it an exaggeration, I can equate your knowledge to that of a graduate of Nuradin College in Hargeisa.

I know, my love. This level of qualification and intellectual capacity doesn’t come in one sunrise. Just like recognition can’t come in a fortnight. And it can't just be a gift from the creator. On the contrary, it is the fruits of the hard work of your Mujahid parents who not only raised you with milk and butter but with strong discipline in a house where it was easy to see what good governance looks like.

My Dear,

Some might try to espouse the politics of hate and covetousness in order to create doubt in your heart, by peddling falsehoods about me. They may attempt to incite violence of the loved on the lover. It is true I will indict these kinds of liars and pirates on charges of subversion and undermining Qaranimadda Somaliland.

Mind you. This is not a petty crime. I am a cadre of the Somaliland cause. How can you not see this kind of incitement against me as one against the country? It is like inciting it against the country and even Silaanyo. You need to realize this! If the inciters are from SSC and from within, they can get death sentence for treason. If they are from former Somalia and the bitter Puntland, Somaliland can go up to Garowe to defend its interests.

Macaan,

Love is like a unification based on mutual consent and a consultative forum where stakeholders discuss without fear and suppression. It is not a forced reunion like some dreamers of the defunct Somaliweyn concept would like to see. It is not what General Qalib and Buba think they have by sitting with Qanyare and Maslax Siyaad.

And it doesn’t matter if some refuse to recognize our love and marriage. Recognition is from within. It is when you and me recognize that we have a love that others will be compelled to recognize us, albeit begrudgingly. It is also encouraging to know we have people like Khadra-jurro who I call Ghana, ready to party at our day of deliverance. It is good to know Aaliya and those we thought are our long-time neighbors warm to Sharif and non-existent entities while shunning us.

Gacaliso,

The mere thought of you and me under one roof and in xalaal marriage creates all kinds of delectable illusions in my head. May the number of children we will have surpass the livestock at Berbera port for export! May the first son, the Curad, drink from the wisdom our leader Faysal Cali Waraabe drunk from at Salaxleey as a young shepard. May Sheekh Adan Siiro announce our marriage at his mosque, as the next talking item after he deals with the sanctity of multi-party democracy and madaxbanaanida golaha guurida.

Aamin! Aamin!

Lastly, we don't need to spend more time. I want to send prominent elders with the reputation of our parliament to your family. I am even thinking of involving the eminent Haji Abdi-Waraabe.

Gacaliyahaa Keyse Abdullahi Ducaale, Keyse-lander "

Lychee   

It’s not every day that you read something that’s of such elevated worth. And only a man of articulate speech can write such a superb piece, I loved it. It covered a range of areas, and I too have high hopes for our beautiful land.

First and foremost Ilaahay ba mahada iska leh, secondly Ilaahay ha uu naxaristo dadki wadankeena Somaliland uu soo halgamay and those who will continue to do their utmost for our country. And lastly, Ilaahay cadowga iyo sharkooda iyo sharkaste ba, ha naga alaaliyo... Ameen.

Long live Somaliland.

Rain   

Thinking about your breasts brings tears to my eyes as I see the parallel between them and the brave Somaliland army men and women that stand with breathtaking perpendicularity and strive day and night to quell the terrorist maneuvers of the SSC zealots and the sinister trespassing of the ONLF. And I shiver the same way these enemies shake when they came face to face with this might.

yaab aragnay! could someone help me see the parallel. miyey diktoonyihiin? :D

Originally posted by Lychee:

It’s not every day that you read something that’s of such elevated worth. And only a man of articulate speech can write such a superb piece, I loved it. It covered a range of areas, and I too have high hopes for our beautiful land.

First and foremost Ilaahay ba mahada iska leh, secondly Ilaahay ha uu naxaristo dadki wadankeena Somaliland uu soo halgamay and those who will continue to do their utmost for our country. And lastly, Ilaahay cadowga iyo sharkooda iyo sharkaste ba, ha naga alaaliyo... Ameen.

Long live Somaliland.

Oh, the irony is unbearable! :D:D:D

Colonel Sabarey, I think this one fell for it. Ha ha ha ha

BOB   

...I was truly convinced that my days on SOL were finally over and I was looking forward to my retirement until I've recieved a worrying e-mail from a reliable source telling me about how you started the mother of all Monkey Businesses, the source also added that lately you come across as some one who's lost his marbles...What is happening my dear uncle?

Is there something I can do to help? :(

PS. Forgive me for not being there when you needed me most...Sorry.

article-1193865-056765DB000005DC-274_468

Peace, Love & Unity.

[ October 11, 2010, 10:12 AM: Message edited by: sheherazade ]

Waa sarbeeb culus :D , tani waa tii AYOUB la wareeri jirey

A literary depiction of the irrevocable effects twenty years of secessionist indoctrination and cult teachings might have had on the youth in the north.

Laakiin dhanbaalka jacaylka aan ku darsadee , Keyse-Lander u aqriya tixdan aan dhammaystirnayn … :D

Ilaahii ku uumaan farsomo lagu ataageyne,

Nin ku eegay ubaxay marnaba kuma illoobeene

Insiga iyo ina jiniba dhabay kula ashqaaraane’e

Jarmaadada aroortii markaad aayar soconayso

Gawaarida ordaysaa mar bay wada istaageene’e :D

Abtigiis   

Xinny,

Oodweyne and Ayoub are already mounting a war of attrition on the sides. The regrettable thing is they are using stone-throwing children and Maati to fight back. I challenge them to be men enough and come out instead of mobilising fillies, whom if I kill or they kill me will make me the loser either way. :D

Mahadoow (Bob,

A comparative analysis of love in our old days with contemporary on-line and iphone love is not the mother of all monkey businesses. Granted, there was a mistake in using scripts in SOL as characters. But it should not have produced the reaction I saw. Whoever sent you the e-mail, a he or a she, is the one who is losing his/her marble.

Calm down and don't be like the proverbial he-camel which is pushed into life-threatening adventures because another more powerful Awr is pursuing it. The corollary to that tale is of course nin naagi wado and somthing to that effect.

Mise waxaad ku qarinaysaa dayaca aad adiga iyo Nuune (oo Moderator dhan ah :D:D ) aad igu daawanayseen kolkii la i rifayey? :D tixdan baa idin qabata.

Muska waxaan u galay, Mahad baan laga majiireeyne

Moderator'kii Nuune baan lahaa, waad ku meelmariye

Waakay maryihii iga dhigeen, duul maqiiqaniye

Allahayow miciinlaawayaal, sideen ugu muraad seegay!

:D

AYOUB   

Xiin

Maxaa i wereeriniya maa tuuggii yara ee "this bajaq" yidhahdaa imoodaysaa? smile.gif

A&T

Waxaan iskaa daayo, waxaad iiga warantaa shirkii Qabri Dahare. smile.gif

BOB   

Originally posted by Colonel Ali Sabarey:

Mahadoow (Bob,

A comparative analysis of love in our old days with contemporary on-line and iphone love is not the mother of all monkey businesses. Granted, there was a mistake in using scripts in SOL as characters. But it should not have produced the reaction I saw. Whoever sent you the e-mail, a he or a she, is the one who is losing his/her marble.

Calm down and don't be like the proverbial he-camel which is pushed into life-threatening adventures because another more powerful Awr is pursuing it. The corollary to that tale is of course nin naagi wado and somthing to that effect.

Mise waxaad ku qarinaysaa dayaca aad adiga iyo Nuune (oo Moderator dhan ah
:D:D
) aad igu daawanayseen kolkii la i rifayey?
tixdan baa idin qabata.

Muska waxaan u galay, Mahad baan laga majiireeyne

Moderator'kii Nuune baan lahaa, waad ku meelmariye

Waakay maryihii iga dhigeen, duul maqiiqaniye

Allahayow miciinlaawayaal, sideen ugu muraad seegay!

Horta ugu horeyn sheydhaanka iska naar oo is deji, waan ka weynahay inaan cimrigeygaan tagay aan ku noqdo mid wixii loo sheegaba iska qaadanaya and YES waa runtaa you've made an error of judgement and shouldn't have used hablaha magacooda, however, I don't think it warranted the kind of reaction it got and most certainly I don't think it was wise to close.

People get away with far worse things than that, people insult and call deragotary names at other people's families openly, take a cheap shot at Islam and prophet Muhammad (p.b.u.h) people write blasphemous nonsense and people glamourise atheism all on a MUSLIM OWNED FORUM all in the name of freedom of speech and yet nobody even says anything.

One thing I've learnt over the years is that you will always loose if you try to take on the Alpha Females and on SOL they don't come bigger than Ibtisam and Cara adiguna waxaad dooneysaa inaad labaduba mar la fara cayaarto(if you get my drift)...with bilcaamaha SOL, there are ONLY two options for you, either suck up to them or leave them alone.

Malika, Kool_Kat iyo Ninac ookiyaale weyn kuwaas waabso iyagaa fuleey ahee, midna waa sijuu maskiin ah kuwana waa ciyaal Xamar oo jalaato iyo baraf ayaa lagusoo koriyay. :D

Ninyahow waad ogtahay inaan la isu gabyine gabayga inaga daa...xiniin taabasho (inciting) ayaan u aqaan waxaa. :D

beryahaan S.A miyaad aaday? Caawa Brazil iyo Ukraine daawo.

Peace, Love & Unity.

Abtigiis   

Caawa Brazil iyo Ukraine diyaar ayaan u aheyn. Bagaad i xasuusisey. Volleyball tournamnet ayaan practice u sameeynaa after work, markaa maanta waan u goyn si ayna ciyaarta ii dhaafin.

There is nothing that compels me to use anyone's name. Afterall, I didn't use names. I used scripts. Laakin even that is too much. It is not about bilcaamo and women. It is about age. Lessons learnt. Ka seexo arimahaas.

SA ma tagin baryahan. Meel ka fiican baa la helay oo Nairobi la yidhaa. Halkaasaan u sheeko doontaa fasaxa. Laakin I am planning to come sometime soon.

Kii xumaayee Mzansi weeye ka kugu yidhi ninkii wuu waasho gabdhaha SOL buu caayaa. :D:D Haduu iga naxayo muu PM isoo diro.

MZanzi   

Kii xumaayee Mzansi weeye ka kugu yidhi ninkii wuu waasho gabdhaha SOL buu caayaa. Haduu iga naxayo muu PM isoo diro.

ninyoho horta nin hadi PM losoo diro laqaban kara matihid oo waxeey somali horay utiri nin meel ucad meel kamadow..

marka adeer meesha eey kaaga dhagan tahay waa iska cadahay laakin farsamada yeysan ka xumaan ;)

Originally posted by *ANWAR*:

''Somaliland Girl''

is Somalilanders ethnic group of people??

So, it seems ONLY on SOL. Definitely not on global stage though :D