Sign in to follow this  
Haneefah

Watch out Sheikh Mishary, you've got competition!!

Haneefah   

Watch

amazing young Somali competitor in the Dubai international Qur'anic musaabaqa.

May Allah bless his teacher, parents and himself. His tajweed is flawless, subxannallah.

*Goosebumps*

I thought our boys were good...

Nephissa   

Very soothing! Masha Allah. I've always wanted to learn to recite the Quran with proper tajweed. Qofkaan u sheego wuu igu qoslaa, i don't know why. Waxaa la igu yiraa, see u gali, ma children's tajweed competition-kaad ka qayb geli. :mad:

Haneefah   

Sweetie, Somalis can be bunch of backward people (wixii lagu qoslana kuma qoslaan, wixii aan qosol galinna wey dhibyareystaan). Tajweed is not a light subject walahi, it is an essential component of Quranic studies...and most non-arabic speaking folks struggle with it unless they've been formally taught, or at least covered the fundamentals. In fact, I've seen Arabs themselves having problems with it if they haven't been exposed to the basics.

There are tajweed courses offered in many western Islamic institutes, even online I believe. InshaAllah, look into them; I'd also suggest listening to Xusari's recitations, he's the master of tajweed, May Allah have mercy on him, and a lot of people have learned it well just by listening and reading along.

Meanwhile, you can always count on me as a personal tutor (though I'm not very good myself) ;)

Blessed   

^Go for it sis, only a retard would laugh at someone who wants to learn the Quraan. Knowing tajweed is actually an obligation.

I started tajweed classes last week, hopefully that should fix my bad habits before I pass them on to the little ones. redface.gif

Haneeeeeeeeeeeefah, my honey. *hugs* J’A for posting the link. His recitation is making me feel so tranquil right now and it’s clear. Masha Allah, Tabbarak Allah. Illahay ha u siyaadeeyo oo barakeeyo.

Haneefah   

^Muaah, wa iyak macanto. So good to see you around. And classes already? walee gabadh khatar ah baad tahay ;) .

Nephy, you're very wlc hon.

Aaliyyah   

Haneefah I actually saw this clip before. Mashallah the kid has a nice voice..loved it!!

Ilaahay ha u siyaadiyo. I hope that one day we could raise kids who can recite Quran in such manner inshallah.

wa salaamu alaikum

BOB   

We used to have competition at our Madrassa and even though I've never won...in fact I've never even came close to winning...I was there and there about but it was wonderful experience as it enhanced our exposure to so many Qira'is or Reciters...and young Abbas took me back to those distant days...he sounds bit like Sheikh Ahmed Bin Ali Al-Ajmi in his early years but nevertheless he's very good...Maasha Allah.

Nepthys...Go for it...you know what I learned is NEVER tell your ambitions and dreams to maryooleey because they would crash it without any care and yet claim to have been doing a great favour for you...but for some reason whenever they try to talk me out of something that's when aanba sii jeclaado marka GO FOR IT and make us PROUD...just remember to have patience for Allah s.w LOVES those who have patience Sabar...All The Best. smile.gif

PS. Haneefa THANKS walaal.

Salam Aleikum W.W

Peace, Love & Unity.

Jazakallah Haneefah.

Masha Allah,haadaa fadlullaahi yuctiihi man yashaa'. I believe he was the winner in 2000.

Asaga iyo yarkanba waa iga oohisiiyeen... ilaahay ha u saa'idiyo anagana kuwii dhagaysta ee ku camal fala allaha naga yeelo. aamiin

Wa Salaam