Sign in to follow this  
stpaulchick

Mum tells of hairdo nightmare.(Tradgic story)

Hey ya'll I thought I would run this by u guys. I was surfing the net and came by this story and what struck to me was that it happened in Australia. I thought these types of violence between somali's doesn't happen in Australia. I guess I was wrong. Well here is the stroy.

By NORRIE ROSS

12jun03

A MOTHER of four told a judge yesterday that a hairdo from hell led to a violent confrontation in which she stabbed her hairdresser.

Irate customer Farhia Ali Mohamud, 34, said she confronted crimper Luul Jimale at her salon and they fought and pulled at each other's hair.

The County Court has heard that Ms Jimale was stabbed 14 times and that one of the wounds punctured the victim's lung and came within a centimetre of killing her.

"Hairdressing. That's what caused me to have the fight," Mohamud said. "She put my hair in a bad way and insult my child."

Mohamud told her barrister, Greg Hughan, she paid $70 to have her hair reddened with henna but the result was so bad it shocked her and Ms Jimale, 34.

Speaking through an interpreter, Mohamud said that after the "cut and colour" she ended up with yellow hair.

"I was not happy. She put yellow colour in my hair," said Mohamud.

"I was shocked. She was shocked.

"She said 'I did bad thing. Give me a call. Come Monday, I will do colour again'."

But Mohamud told Judge Carolyn Douglas that when she spoke on the phone to Ms Jimale the hairdresser insulted her and made threats to kill her.

Mohamud, who wears a scarf on her head, said Ms Jimale accused her of having illegitimate children and having a bad reputation in Melbourne's Somali community.

She said the next day she went to the salon and took a knife from her car which her husband used to cut fruit.

Ms Jimale came outside the salon and walked towards her screaming insults and accusing her of trying to ruin the reputation of her business.

"She (Ms Jimale) was screaming '*****', 'prostitute', 'big breasts' and (saying) I have illegitimate child," Mohamud told the court.

"We struggled and pushed each other and went into the shop. I got the knife from my pocket and stab her."

The student said she left the shop and Ms Jimale chased after her brandishing a hammer, which she then used to smash her car.

Mohamud, of Bell St, Heidelberg, pleaded guilty to intentionally causing serious injury and aggravated burglary at the Luulu Shop at The Mall in Bell St, West Heidelberg, on June 17 last year.

Mohamud told the court she once shared a house with her victim and a cousin in West Heidelberg in the mid-1990s.

Under cross-examination from prosecutor Alexander Albert, she admitted she told a number of lies to police after she was arrested for the assault.

She admitted telling them that Ms Jimale had pulled out a screwdriver and she grabbed it from her and then stabbed her with it.

Mohamud admitted she took the knife with the intention of using it on her hairdresser if necessary.

The pre-sentence plea hearing was expected to continue today.

loooooool. That was hilarious. But its soo ceeb.. Damn over hair color! Its low n degrading walahi.. n it gives a bad name.. But that was damn funny

"She (Ms Jimale) was screaming '*****', 'prostitute', 'big breasts' and (saying) I have illegitimate child," Mohamud told the court.

looool

LOL...that was also my favorite part. Your right simple woman that is so ceeb redface.gif . If this proceeds on happening, our image as a somali community will be "violent people". So we should defininatley keep our anger and hatered inside.(or save it when u get back to Somalia) :D

Changed   

"naaso dheer" ('big breasts') ahahha u just pictured that in my head and am laughing crazy....she covers her hair and she cares about the color of her hair......

and i wonder how henna turned her hair yellow :confused: ?...it sad but funny

I know I should have put this in the joke section. But there's a problem I wanted to point out. But I have to admit that it was funny as hell.

Senora   

This is just ridicules......at first i was laughing, especially at this part

"I was not happy. She put yellow colour in my hair," said Mohamud.

"I was shocked. She was shocked.

lol, but after a few more "stupid" parts, it was just disgraceful.....these grown women need to learna few things...i swear,EDUCATION DONT HURT NOBODY.........stabbed someone b/c she messed your hair up, and she called you a few names...WHATS NEXT???....**SHAKING MY HEAD AT THOSE SHAMEFUL WOMEN**

NATURAL   

salaamz

u guyz have a pretty sick sense of humour, i mean this is a true story and ppl were hurt. its sad 2 know that we a somali's still resort to violence when things dont seem to go our way. i know both women in this incident, Luul is a very nice women, and a bloody good hair dresser and farhia seemed like a nice person as well lakiin wa qof xanusan, i also blame the community coz i do know that ppl have given her a hard, maybe thats whats driven here 2 the edge. but the worsed part is that all over the wolrd we still got hate inside us, we seem to be 4getting that we r living as minoraties in the west, instead of sticking 2gether, we r stabbing each other.

putting the stabbing issue aside we have an uprise in the amount of somali youth in juvinil detention and state prisons. subxanallah we all need 2 wake up and reflex on our selves.

w.salam

but the worsed part is that all over the wolrd we still got hate inside us, we seem to be 4getting that we r living as minoraties in the west, instead of sticking 2gether, we r stabbing each other.

who is "we" don't generalize like that. Don't make excuses for a grown woman who was stupid enough to stab someone because of hair color that can be changed instantly. Instead of using henna the hair dresser shoulda used hair color! And didn't the woman notice that her hair was yellow at the salon?!

Okay I do understand that this was a sad news and that it shouldn't be used so that everyone can be amused about it.

:who is "we" don't generalize like that. Don't make excuses for a grown woman who was stupid enough to stab someone because of hair color that can be changed instantly.

I do agree with simple Woman. Don't put everyone in this situation. I understand if the woman was sick (May Allah make her feel better)but were discussing this issue by pointing out that we shouldn't bring violence with us where ever we go.

Rahima   

Nomads never believe everything you read!

Might your perceptions of the situation change if i told you the attacker is a seriously ill woman.

She has a long history of mental illness and will probably be let off. May Allah grant her health and may Allah give Luul the ability to forgive.

Nonetheless, even if this was the not the case, it’s not funny people. Quiet sad actually!

I do agree that we should help someone that's sick for doing such horrific things but when the person shows no signs of illness. That's CEEB!!

quote:

"She said 'I did bad thing."

Opinionated that's hiliarious. Ppl when I say that this is hiliarious I'm not laughing about the content of the story but the way that it is told. But really may Allah forgive her and make her better. Amin. Peace, 1 Luv smile.gif