Sign in to follow this  
Kamaavi

Music Thread [ Wat ar u listening 2]

Buuxo   

Originally posted by Nogobi:

Buuxo this one is for you...

Thanks champ smile.gif

you know i love dhaanto but this particular song is extra special.I use to have a good audio version but couldn't locate anymore. Thanks once again habo.

Paragon   

^Good taste. Serenity, do you understand the meaning of the lyrics? Pretty impressive composition. Boqol is good but A. Tahliil's version still sticks my memory...

You such for Ugaaso by A. Tahliil. A song on his real life predicament when his wife left him after having 7 kids for him, because her family discovered that Tahliil hails from wrongly dispised minority people.

Paragon   

^And who says you shant understand a song's meaning? I understand the music can be enough but as far as Somali songs are concerned, knowing the meaning behind is the real bonus.

Aha the second part: Tahliil, the famous singer, has had to deal with the issue of segregation when his wife left him because of his origin, and hence sang the song 'Ugaaso' for her... it's a questioning and lamenting song, especially why should people break up families on the bases of trivial cast categorisation.

It's when you hear the song that you understand what happened when he sent elders to solve the matter and how those elders were badmouthed.