Sign in to follow this  
Khayr

Black History Month-Do they still celeberate this in your area?

Khayr   

Salaamz,

Just wondering if any nomads, where ever u may be living in, see Black History Month "BHM" events and celebrations.

Do they still hold BHM events in your schools and neighbourhoods?

Do you think people give a two shingles about BHM anymore?

I am asking this cause I just found out this morning that at work, they are trying to organize some speakers for BHM and I said to myself 'What for, ain't nobody care about Black History Month anymore?' :confused:

Times have changed, if it ain't about MONEY and FAME, we ain't gonna show up. Point Blank!

Fi Amanillah

Black History Month is October in England. And yeah, I celebrate it. There's a lot of conscious stuff that happens that sometimes you may not be able to get to during other times of the year. It's actually quite good.

I wonder why Dinkiwinki thinks black people are

niggers ?

You do know that if you class other black's as that you are classing yourself as one, since all other races can't see the difference between other blacks and Somalians? Not that there is much difference.

Oh, and

Aren't we all human beings, aren't we all from Adam and Eve??!

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Pacifist   
Originally posted by DinkiWinki

The black LANGUAGE section in my universities black power society, which includes ONLY the words which black people (i.e to them African Americans) contributed to the English Language.

--------------------------------------------------

The language you are talking about is called EBONICS

And if those niggers you are talking about didn't fight for the rights that you-yourself is enjoying then You would be a slave Too......

STOIC   

The history of black America is a history of strife and determination to earn respect and dignity in the eyes of racist ingrate.The black history month is celebrated to bring national attention to the contribution of black Americans in the history of the world.Black America contribution have long been ignored by the Anglo-Saxon society.I will leave you with a quote from my favorite black person -W.E.Du Bois- "The history of the American Negro is the history of this strife,—this longing to attain self-conscious manhood, to merge his double self into a better and truer self. In this merging he wishes neither of the older selves to be lost. He would not Africanize America, for America has too much to teach the world and Africa. He would not bleach his Negro soul in a flood of white Americanism, for he knows that Negro blood has a message for the world. He simply wishes to make it possible for a man to be both a Negro and an American, without being cursed and spit upon by his fellows, without having the doors of Opportunity closed roughly in his face".

Long live Black history!

Pacifist   

Sorry for jumping up your through about the N word. I should have read your other response. My Bad.....

About people who think that black are this and that.

All I have to say is stereotyping is not good. All races and people have good and bad.

Again I didn't say you were streotyping but believing it is the bad thing.

good day

J.Lee   

Just one more question, isn't is possible to be "both a Negro and an American, without being cursed and spit upon by his fellows, without having the doors of Opportunity closed roughly in his face" in America now ???

LoL You, Dinki Winki, live in the UK. Just out of curiousity how do you know what life is like for a black person in America? Please, refrain from such a idiotic response as "I seen it in the movies/videos, etc."

When I lived in a premodominately "urban" neighborhoods (Central District and Rainier/Genesse for my Siyaatal folks) in my younger years, I would see alot of celebrations held in honor of BHM and actually participate in them but As I grew older, I noticed the resentment that most African-americans have for those they call "Ethis", mostly the east Africans specifically Eritreans, Somalis and Ethiopians, simply because we didn't resemble "true africans" so I got tired of celebrating being "black" when they clearly didn't accept me as such,Basically I was like, excuse my rhetoric joggin, F!ck that Sh!t. I decided to learn more about my own history, culture, religion and the Somali people who died to give me independence. In conclusion, I really don't celebrate BHM and I haven't seen, despite our somewhat tolerable black populus, many blacks celebrating it either.

Times have changed, if it ain't about MONEY and FAME, we ain't gonna show up. Point Blank!

As the saying goes, Money talks, Bullsh!t walks.

J.Lee   

Dinki Winki, why does your nick remind me of one of the Teletubies, the Isn't Is in your question distracted me, whether it was a gramatical error or not, you asked in a such an obsecure way that answered the question itself rather than the question be begging an answer, Ya dig? To be precise, your question seemed as it was based on an assumption thus why I asked the question you qouted.

Asa Pasta.

STOIC   

The reason we need BHM is because there is a crisis in the world of black America and the crisis is one which Scholars like Cornell West(i guy i admire) categorized it in two fold:Too much poverty and too little self love.The poverty arises from unfair distribution of wealth and power.To improve the standard of the black community we do need remainders like BHM which emphasis on visionary progressive agendas that promotes the black spirit.The only way we as black people can overcome the racial inequalities that exists is through following the footsteps of the brave men and women who fought for the freedom we are enjoying.

I believe it was Carter G.woodson who said and i quote " We do not mean to suggest here, however, that any ppl should ignore the record of the progress of other races...We say, hold on the real facts of history as they are, but complete such knowlegde by studying also the history of races and nations which have been purposely ignored.We should not underrate the achievements of Mesopotamia, greece, and rome.But we should give equally as much attention to the internal African Kingdoms, the songhay empire, and Ethiopia, which through Egypt dedidedly influenced the civilization of the Mediterranean world."

Black history month came bout the education in western literary to teach African heritage, the strugle the african americans had to endure in the west.

asxantu

Bess.   

i guess dinky is gone.....i was wondering who y'all were yelling @.....its like she/he were never here....did u guys watch that movie...the forgotten...admin...is like that mysterious force that erased ppl.....so be carefull y'all ;);)