Sign in to follow this  
SomeAlien

hijabis

Qac Qaac   

no devil's advocate... is the definition of all the ppl. just u don't know, it doesn't mean is her only definition...

what ever land that kafir's live. is a kafir land. especially when that land is govern with kafir rules... ameenah is right... it has nothing to do with allah creating the land.

OG-girl. i hope u don't mean me. when u say some of the ppl.. oh anyways who cares.. it is no matter answering u anymore.. iska nooloo

asalaamu alyakum,

from what I understand Kufr Land (Darul kufr)is defined as any land that is ruled with Kufr (i.e democracy, communism ect) and the security of the land is with non-Muslims.

Where as Islamic Land (Darul Islam) is any land that is ruled with Islam (i.e governed by the sharia in totality)and its security is with Muslims.

So a land can be 99% Muslim and still not be darul Islam as the case with all Muslm lands today. Conversely, the inhabitants of a land can be 99% non-Muslim and the land can still be called Daru Islam bc it's maintained and ruled by Islam (i.e Muslim Spain, where the majority were non-Muslims).

Btw, Ameenah, I agree with you fully when u say feminism is based on a kufr system, I think you're the first person on here I've heard say that. perhapes this is the core issue we should be discussing as it seems to be the most frequently used word around here these days.

salaam

salaam DA,

The above terms were derived from the Quran and Sunnah. More speficially, from the the first part of suratul Mai'dah where it is established that anything that's not from Allah is kufr (regradless if the people are Muslim or not) and also from the hadith of the prophet(saw) in which he orderd the invading Muslim army to adivce those who embrace Islam living in non-Islamic (notice I didnt say non-Muslim) to leave and migrate to the land where Islam was established. Also from another hadith in which the prophet(saw) orderd the Muslim army not to kill anyone if they saw masjid or heard the adhaan in the land they were invading. The two above hadith indicate that regardless of who lives in the land if the laws are kufr, the land is considered darul kufr or darul harb (land of war).

Unfortunetly I dont have access to the speficic narrations right now but inshaAllah I'll try to come back and post them. If I forget plz send me a PM and remind me.

salaam

underdog   

I doubt theres any country today that can be considered Darul-Islam, however make no mistake that darul-kufar exists. I think Opi is beating around the bush with her question but she may be implying Islam is (ultimately) a state of mind and a state of brotherhood, justice and peace.

I think this article explains better:

http://www.isna.net/library/papers/fiqh/FiqhofMinorities3.asp

when you done reading that one consider this one:

http://members.cox.net/arshad/imitating_kufaar.htm

Blessed   

^^^

I agree, most Muslim countries are just Muslim by name - in the sense that their laws and governance do not always reflect the believe of the state. But does that stop it being a Muslim country?

Devils Advocate

Don't be sorry and please don't just take my word for it. There are many books on the subject - so you I'de advice you to do your own research and draw your own conclusions.

I just want to clarify one point that maybe a little vague. When I use the term 'land' I'm using it in the context of a country. i.e. England is the land of the English. Obviously, everything in the world ultimately belongs to Allah - I’d be a fool debate that.

Nonetheless, there also exits a micro level of ownership - that is what I am talking about smile.gif

CM

I agree with on the need to discuss feminism. It is a very complex area, needing time and willingness to discover it for what it is. Maybe we aught to start a new thread on it. … watch this space ;)

pearl   

what part of prove me with evidence, or save ur opinions for the less gullible cuz i aint having it. do u not understand. I cearly asked u to give me evidence from quran and/or sunnah, but u did just as i thought u would do....which is give me ur never ending opinions.

shuttered my illusions kulha....if am in such an illusion kindly hit me upside the head cuz there is something so wrong with treating ppl with respect.

and no...dont reply to me...cuz this convo ends right now....

Is this the path of deterioration that ALL threads in SOL are taking now? Subhanallah, I've been away from reading SOL for a couple of weeks and sense such a repelling wave of hostility upon my return! :confused:

I've hesitated on posting, but in my opinion, recent postings on this thread, originally posted by somealien, do not share the spirit and good intentions of her original post. I would suggest starting another thread elsewhere, where this debate can be fostered more appropriately.

Otherwise, let's help this sister out with preparing for the impending season change. Somealien, I'm a recent hijabi myself (let's call me a winter baby ;) ), so I'm just as interested in getting some pointers for preparing for the summer.

I've been told that differing types of hijab don't really matter between seasons; polyester doesn't breath, cotton may be thick, but the utmost concern should be that the hijab is not transparent. As for wearing sandals, I believe 3 out of 4 schools consider the bare feet of a woman to be part of her awra, and thus should be covered. I'm taking this into consideration myself, but how does one feel about stockings (much more breathable) or mules (so long as the heel is covered by a skirt or pants) or sneakers with perforated leather? I wouldn't despair just yet about summer fashions too---all things linen have been the rage lately, and they naturally come in loose-fitting styles, especially in tunics. I guess abayas are a good idea too, but you'll probably have to wear something underneath as well, so it may not be as cooling as first thought.

I hope this is of some benefit smile.gif Assalaam alaikum.

Qac Qaac   

shuttered my illusions kulha....if am in such an illusion kindly hit me upside the head cuz there is something so wrong with treating ppl with respect.

Pearl. Hey no need of hitting u on the head, coz i wasn't even talking to u, quranka iyo hadith yadayda waan iskala noqon, coz u r now in a time that even if i put a pherse of quran there, u won't believe it coz i said it. so i want to save the sin for u, and not post any hadith or quran for u. raali ahoow, u seem to be very mad.

if that is not enough for u, bax oo qarax loool.

[ March 23, 2004, 11:49 PM: Message edited by: Admin ]

kindly ignore the past 3 pages of this thread and look at what ive found!!! maybe some of you guys are aware of it already but www.khadijasislamicresources.com/shopc.html

helped me find this web-site (for canadians)

http://www.alimanfashion.com/

which helped me find these

http://www.alimanfashion.com/Shipment%2010...Links/106-A.htm

http://www.alimanfashion.com/Shipment%2010...Links/108-A.htm

im getting one for me and my mamma.

i also found out that the bookstore i frequent sells clocks that perform the adhaan and watches too!!! yay!

bilan   

salaam

what is going on, i thought the sis was asking how to prepare for the summer, and with no warning we have a civil war, and personal attacks, can't we exchange ideas without fighting?, anyway, summer is big issue for me, but there are two nice sites and they have nice hijabs and skirts, here they are:

alhannah.com, alamirah.com. hope it helps you.