Sign in to follow this  
Xalimopatra

Shooting at VA tech

STOIC   

Lol@Cara.

I was in Virginia area yesterday and the first thing my family and freinds did was see if I was anywhere near the school.Ofcourse as You know Fairfax was nowhere near BLACKSBURG.

My thoughts and prayers are with the family of the victim.And by the way the Imam on the convocation did a great job quoting Surahs to comfort the students.

^^^^ there are caple somali natives who goas to that school i realy worried about them.

Awlugeeye i didn't knew that we are neighbors.

They are trying to make this incident Islam motivated.

Didn’t you people heard.

I noticed in a news report that Cho Seung-Hui, the VA Tech shooter, had "Ismail Ax" written on his arm in red ink. Wondering what that meant (as Wikipedia failed to clarify) I did a little Googling, and guess what?

"Ismail Ax" is a well known phrase in the Muslim world. The Muslims believe that the [Old Testament] is wrong in saying that Abraham was supposed to kill Isaac with a knife, rather they believe he was supposed to kill Ishmael (Ismail) with an Axe. They also believe that Abraham was supposed to go out and attack idols with an axe, and some also attribute the phrase to meaning that Ishmael was supposed to kill Isaac, the father of all Western culture, with an axe.

Cho was a South Korean immigrant to the US, but it seems undeniable that his killing spree, at least in part, was motivated by some sort of belief in Islam.

http://unrestintheforest.blogspot.com/

It is sad to see the state this world is going, each day the problems in the world only continue to add on. I dont think a muslim person who belives in Allah and follows Islam truely would ever commit such a horrible act. I was watching some Dateline show on tv today and they mention how he wrote a letter or expressing how he hated rich kids and a bunch of others which I can not remember. He must have been mentally ill. My heart goes out to all those families who never expected something like this to happen.

Its ammazing how humans remember how evident death is, I mean any person could take a gun and start shooting randomly.....So its important to remember that when u leave your house each day that you pray because you never know if you will make it back home safe......It is very sad what he did.....I feel no sympathy for the freak of nature.

Originally posted by AAliyah416:

^ From what I gathered he is young asian dude, they said he could have even been a student. I doubt he is muslim. As muslims we know our sole purpose is to worship Allah swt, even if we fail in every other aspect of life. where gaalos just get depressed and either commit sucide or take their anger on others. They happen to be emotionally unstable.

Muslims are capable of committing the worst of atrocities (read as somalia war in the 1990s).

Can someone please explain how one person could walk into a class of 25 students and kill the lot without any resistance? is it me or is the average american a fuleey? Noone had the courage to jump him? From what I have read he had time to re-load his gun before going for a second around.

Shootings like these definitely tarnish the so-called American dream , likely I am not from there :D

Ebyan   

^ Jump in and do what? They were in their lecture hall. The most they could do is throw a textbook at him.

Aaliyah-416;

Muslims are not immune from getting depressed or committing suicide.

N.O.R.F   

A school was bombed yesterday in Afghanistan. Killing scores of Muslim kids. Just in case it escaped your radar,,,,

^^Odd you mention this, it escaped my mind I was so caught up in following VA tech shooting.

Originally posted by Violet:

^ Jump in and do what? They were in their lecture hall. The most they could do is throw a textbook at him.

Aaliyah-416;

Muslims are not immune from getting depressed or committing suicide.

Come on, they could have done something like all rush towards him better 2 dead than 25 in a single class room, I am sure one bullet didn't kill the lot. Did it? As far as I am concerned it was a tragic event nevertheless they were cowards.

Ebyan   

I don't think they had time to assess the situation. He came in to the lecture hall and just started shooting. There wasn't much that they could do.

STOIC   

Will Duco, I live in Atlanta but my girlfreind (Fiancee for the Sheikhs.LOl) goes to University around there.I was visiting her there on Monday.

Did you guys read the plays the guy wrote for an English class? His writtings should have been a red flag.He was a disturbed young man.

Aaliyyah   

Awlugeeye I was thinking along the same lines bro. However, from what I heard his teachers did advice him to see a therapist. But, they should have did something about it.

wa salaamu alikum