Sign in to follow this  
Miskiin-Macruuf-Aqiyaar

Islii: The most expensive slum

Malika   

Okay,the place smelled terribly! Endend up ruining a pair of good shoes,still trying to get rid of stains on my clothes...I mean is that dust on those roads or something else,it stained my clothes.I kept expecting the tires on the car to bust,the pot-holes on the road are filled with stones!

I loved the food though in the restaurants,ciil baa hiliib uu hayee, waan kaa soo deergee!

The Somali beggers aa raxadaa igaa qaadee,Somali children and old ladies begging on the streets was hard to see.

The nightlife of Eastleigh is something to write home about! am still shocked. :D

Ms DD   

Do tell the night life Malika..lol

Hilibkas u mentioned few times..Didnt realise i missed it that much.

Abtigiis   

Malika, I hate Islii but always used to go there when I was in Nairobi to see my compatriots. I don't like the food in somali restraunts at all. They don't cook well. The night life is a bit shocking. Naago xijaaban oo dayday ah ayaa meesha ka buuxa. I stayed in Barakat hotel for three days, come down to the reception and sat there. Every time, naag xijaaban soo gasho ama we meet on the elevator, I was going to the corner and saying "salaamu calyakum". Maasha allah sidaan u lahaa, this friend came and killed my innocence. Apparently, I was giving all that reverance to naago nigiska katabaanka saarta!!

Since then wixii xijaaban salaanta kama qaadayn. Kuwa aan xijaabnayn ayaan ii waramada hayey.

Malika   

^Looooooooooooooool, you were not the guy that wore white shirt and trousers every day? I too stayed at Barakat for couple of days,when I got bored in Lavington.I have had enough of the sound of birds,daad iyo buuq baan rabee,so I was taken to Eastleigh..

Yeah,at night the lift and corridors smelled heavenly.At first I though waaw,dumarkaa meshaan degaan know their caataar,only not to see any woman during the day but only night times..May Allah forgive us. I was told the hotel is full of men from abroad with their dollar/pound money to be entertained..subhana llah!

MZanzi   

Horta wali meesha naaagihi cad cadaa majoogaan waa magaalada kaliya aan naag MADOW ka waayay .....

BOB   

Originally posted by Oz:

BOB, you were a life member of the fish and chips opposite 3rd st mosque eh.

Wooow...Suns et was my spot...I used to stand in front of it for hours until one of my brothers or cousins would come and chase me away...

I had a crush on a young princess called Nafisa whom I used to go to Madrassa with...she used to come every afternoon after 6 PM and we used to make silly eye contact and that was that...that wasmy version of seduction and the Indian guy who owned the eatery knew me and my friends and always used to give us extra chips and chicken whenever we bought some and he would say 'Habana fanya fujo inje..sawa?' with his funny thick Indian accent and we would laugh...By god I miss those times because they were full of joy and happiness.
smile.gif

AT&T Wrote: this friend came and killed my innocence

^^^and you and Malika killed my innocence about the life in General in Eastleigh...I never knew such 'brothels' existed and I never knew there will come a day when there will be Somali tuugsanayo in Eastleigh. :(

Peace, Love & Unity.

Some of them are said to pay up to Sh50,000 for space big enough only for a wheelbarrow.

It is true.

Originally posted by Malika:

Okay,the place smelled terribly! Endend up ruining a pair of good shoes,still trying to get rid of stains on my clothes...I mean is that dust on those roads or something else,it stained my clothes.I kept expecting the tires on the car to bust,the pot-holes on the road are filled with stones!

I loved the food though in the restaurants,ciil baa hiliib uu hayee, waan kaa soo deergee!

The Somali beggers aa raxadaa igaa qaadee,Somali children and old ladies begging on the streets was hard to see.

The nightlife of Eastleigh is something to write home about! am still shocked.
:D

Sadexdii kabo aan la tagayba Islii soo rafaadisay oo wada halaabeen. Two pairs waaba kasoo tagay.

Busta is another case. That was why late in the afternoon u bixi jiray if aan labisanaayo, otherwise within minutes dharkaaga halaabaayo from tornado-like wild dust.

I too wondered how gaariyaasha ku maraan jidadkaas, and not ku xumaadaan. Waaba weydiiye some drivers even.

About the food, waa excellent. Particularly from Andalus hotel maqaayadda ku taalo and Safaari hotel as well. Bakaraad hotel has great tea and cappuccino. Xiddig hotel's shaah as well. Caano geel ayaaba lagu caddeeyaa shaaha meeshaas.

And about Barakaad and nighttime waxa ka dhaco. I had been to it, and hoteelkaas ugu fiican waxaan arko, though ugu qaalisan. I guess Barakaad was one of the few hotels dadka seexdo meeshaas afaarahooda daba galin. Other hotels wouldn't, dad waalan leh, oo haddaadba qol ka raadsatid first question ku weydiinaaye, "kaligaa ayaa tahay soo ma'aha?" Iyo: "Qof kuu soo booqanaayana laguuma ogola, siiba dumar, waa ogtahay soo ma'aha?" What the...

They repeatedly ask you questions like that, particularly Shariifka hoteel at 7th Street.

nuune   

Woow, MMA, is dat Gantaal Bus, at boosteejada Gaarisa, that bus surely got some speed, no wonder they called it Gantaal :D

Gaarisa is quite and hot, even at night you can't sleep, kaneeco & dhidid.

About islii, it will never change.

MMA, how are askartii dadka qashqashaadi jirtey, dhowr jeer aa anoo leen qaboow xilli galab ka imaadey dhakab isiiyeen kuwa dharcad askar ah, marna dhagool baan iska dhigey oon ku fakadey, marna qof waalan baan iska dhigey kuna badbaadey, markii kalena af ingiriis baan kula yoomey waa markan markey Shauru Mooye station i geeyeen halkaas oo la igu soo jeebeeyey :D laakin isoo daayeen markaan dhahay taano iyo nus ma heesto boqolkaa qaata oo quudkeeyga ahaa :D

Kool_Kat   

Originally posted by Fu-Fu:

Horta wali meesha naaagihi cad cadaa majoogaan waa magaalada kaliya aan naag MADOW ka waayay .....

:D:D Caku iyo naag iyo cadaan raadis!

Ar iga wad Keenyaati shiirkooda iyo dhidid kooda meeshooda iyo meel dheer ha'iga joogo...

Originally posted by nuune:

Woow, MMA, is dat Gantaal Bus, at boosteejada Gaarisa, that bus surely got some speed, no wonder they called it Gantaal

Gaarisa is quite and hot, even at night you can't sleep, kaneeco & dhidid.

About islii, it will never change.

MMA, how are askartii dadka qashqashaadi jirtey, dhowr jeer aa anoo leen qaboow xilli galab ka imaadey dhakab isiiyeen kuwa dharcad askar ah, marna dhagool baan iska dhigey oon ku fakadey, marna qof waalan baan iska dhigey kuna badbaadey, markii kalena af ingiriis baan kula yoomey waa markan markey Shauru Mooye station i geeyeen halkaas oo la igu soo jeebeeyey
laakin isoo daayeen markaan dhahay taano iyo nus ma heesto boqolkaa qaata oo quudkeeyga ahaa

Meeshaas, waa Gaarisee, hal habeen ayaan seexday, oo subixiina isla baskaas kusoo dhacay. Eebboow, kululaa meesha oo kululaa. Meel ka kulul ma arkin ani koley. Dhididkii igu bilowday markaa ka dagay baskaas habeenkii uu iga joogsaday, only because meel dhulal banaan ah oo magaalada ka baxsan ayaan seexday oo ku fakaday.

G-Coach inay Gaarisa Coash u taagantahay moodee, ma Gantaal Coash u taagantahay? Waxaa maqlay e-Coach ka mashquul badan G-Coachka.

Askartaasna waligood maba isku saqajaamin. Dhowr jeer iska soo horbaxnay, waa kuwa hubkooda wataan wali. Wax ila hadlay ma arkin, oo xataa dhankeyga masoo fiirineynin.

Markaa Gaarisa kasoo socday -- ar maxee jidgooyin badan u taalaa. Lix isbaaro soo marnay, oo lacag laaluush loo laabaaye mar walba. Isbaaro caadi waaye ka waran.

Ar iga wad Keenyaati shiirkooda iyo dhidid kooda meeshooda iyo meel dheer ha'iga joogo...

Not so fast. Nayroobi ma aadan arkinee. Nayroobi wey shidantahay, abaayadiis. Will share the pictures of downtown Nayroobi in a moment.

Originally posted by Malika:

The nightlife of Eastleigh is something to write home about! am still shocked.

I might be heading there in a month or so, what are the good night clubs? :D

Oz   

Thanks MMA. nice pictures, aah Jaamia mosque right in the city center so beautiful. keep them coming.

my city where I grew up my childhood.