Sign in to follow this  
Shumey

So sick and tired of it...

Shumey   

I actually wanted to respond to the "Islamist thugs beat up Somali women in Oslo" story about Kadra Yusuf, posted by Peacenow beginning with "A brave Somali woman was beaten....", but decided to post it here instead. I am furious.

I am so sick and tired of readin :mad: g the lies and lunacy of twisted stories depicting Somali women as brainless victims "escaping Islam" or oppressive Somali culture who must be rescued, such as, for example, the current Basra Mohamed story headlines on Hiiraan (http://www.hiiraan.com/news2/2007/dec/enterprising_somali_woman_overcomes_cultural_hurdles.aspx)

and "Engulfed in Mayhem" (http://www.voices-unabridged.org/article.php?id_article=178&numero=8). The last article disturbingly argues that "In Somalia, when a husband takes a second wife....the first "woman" is thrown out into the street". I am shocked to read this false story. Unlike some African cultures, where upon the death of the husband the wife looses possession of her children and property, In the Somali culture throwing a woman-especially a wife- out into the streets is not only taboo but also unheard of.

If questioned though, both authors-Caroline Simon and Alayna Demartini- would argue that these stories were told to them by the concerned women they interviewed. But how much was told and how much was twisted in order to create sensation?

It is very disconcerting that are some sick-minded fame and fortune-seeking Somali women,

who by victimising themselves, think that the best way to get attention is to choose to

target and ungroundedly intimidate Muslims and Islam.

I have been closely studying these Somali women- half a dozen or so- throughout the world . These women have a common denominator; they all have: twisted histories of limited self-esteem and preconceived ideas of others based on prejudice and stereotypes; frustration-driven personal plans seeking sympathy and quick fame; some serious identity crises as they always take the victim-role ("i was put into an arranged marriage", "i was circumcised", "Islam is harmful to me and to women", "women are not EQUAL to men in Islam").

These ignorant Somali women's arguments are often based on outdated Western Feminist models that focus on EQUALITY between men and women INSTEAD of EQUITY. If men and women are EQUAL then a woman can do anything a man can do and vice versa.

But we all know that that is not true!! Men and women have biological and psychological differences. For many years now equality campaigns blindly aimed at replacing the COMPLEMENTARY relationship between men and women with a competitive one; women should strife or should i say compete to be men! EQUITY, on the other hand, is about equal opportunity, fairness and having equality of access and taking steps to addressing them. It is about recognising and changing CULTURE and other structures to ensure fairplay and justice.

And that is the number one mistake these women are making!! Western feminist ideology can not and will not work for Islam nor for Somalia where women are proud to be women.

Somali women embrace womanhood and motherhood!

Somali women don't want to be men's equals!

Khalaf   

I have been closely studying these Somali women- half a dozen or so- throughout the world .

Where's your rapport report madem? Honestly sister, looking past the superfical stories of the media and their backers and observing the reality of women in many of these cultures including the somali one, women get the bad end of the stick. Dumarka wa la gumeysta sax?.

Shumey u know what u r right about those stores but some off what u said r true it happens like arranged marriage and men use to beat their wifes and if he marry another wife the frist wife cant say nothing about it and if she say something then she have too leav with out the kids but if your family is a well know clan or have money then he cant do that so that how it use to be.

Curly   

You know where they get these stories right?

It's all those asylum seekers, they make up the most hidious stories just to become citizens of western countries. Don't tell me you haven't heard of at least one story like that.

Shuumey, mahadsanid for starting this topic- Waa mid aad important u ah coz it concerns us all.

Also we need self-criticising Somali women, not always men talking.

Why do Somali women do this nonsense only in the West lakin? back home we dont hear this humiliation. was it bad upbringing? I would like to know this.

I actually wanted to respond to the "Islamist thugs beat up Somali women in Oslo" story about Kadra Yusuf, posted by Peacenow beginning with "A brave Somali woman was beaten....", but decided to post it here instead. I am furious.

Waxa aad waashid aa rabtaa, ee nagatag.

Haddii aad fuley tahay oo peacenow u jawaabiweyso, inta maad kusoo ordee?

[ December 29, 2007, 01:48 PM: Message edited by: sheherazade ]

-Lily-   

^^^LoL, are you all right? What a brutal response.

Shumey, waxas oo kale dhag loo ma dhigo, Islam iyo naagahaba uma bahno wax difaaco. These stories are almost humerous.

Layziegirl, haha

r u too lazy to read the whole story.. . or perhaps u could not follow the logic... miya haa? maybe english is prob? or r u one of them "victims"?

Lily, waa iin dhag loo dhiga oo it concerns our very existence as Somas. I am beginning to get sick and tired too...

Shumeey sis too tired of this shit too. This khadra was aired on local tv and she was invited to some tv talks, walaahi she cant make a single point. She is too ignorant and lost. It is the reporters who twist and make these fabricated stories about those victims. If they were /are victims, they are victims of their own soul.

She allegendly campaigns against circumcision and claims that it is Islam that permits it!