Sign in to follow this  
lovely me

mature discussion !!!

hi sisters & brothers

Any body to conduct a serious problem, which is our situation away from our home land?Do you guys think we are destined to live away from our culture, our relgion, our families, friends and the loved ones? It seems like the way is very far away. Are we destined to live among Americans or europeans all our life. We can ,very much, live among them with no problems, but still this is not our land, nor pe

Peace &love

TASHA   

hi sis

to go back home or not to go back home) That is the question isn't it??

Well, let me tell you this, where I live, there are quite a few somalis , I don't have much contact with most of them anymore, but when I did, this subject came up many times. We discussed it, argued about it ....

but, no one could ever convince the other side. My take on this is there are two types of people:

1) people that think with their brain.

2) people that think with their heart.

*The Brain says: This has been a great country for me, look what I have achieved, I would never have achieved this back home.

*The Heart says: Yes this has been a great place for me, but home is sweet home. I miss every body and everything!!

I live in the good old USA, and just like AhmedMTL said, "In north america, there is room for everyone......" Well this sounds to me like that old saying of America being the melting pot.

Dear AhmedMTL, I'm sorry to say this: "that pot will never melt". and I hope to allah that I'm wrong.

You probably guessed it by now, I'm one of those that think with the Heart. I have been here for 12 years, and YES I will definitely go back home to my beautifull Marrakesh Town.

I don't know when, but I know It will happen inshaalaah.

Just a point of view

Keep smiling

mohamed

Adna   

Salaamz

I personally really liked this topic and 100% i gree with tasha that there two kinds of people ,,

1) people that think with their brain.

2) people that think with their heart.

Marka I hope dadkeena mooda north america is a great country illahey hasoo hanuuniyo. I personally hope and dream of all the time to go back one day like Tasha said,

I don't know when, but I know It will happen inshaalaah.

so i have been here for quite of years I never been happy as i would back home,,,peace and love

ARMZ   

sup ladies n gent

i must say this is a hell of a topic i truelly sit down sometimes and ask myself when will i be going back 2 my roots or should i let this country be my new home from now on.i say 2 myself if i try 2 mix with the rest will i always be 3 class even dow i am getting what i most wanted e.g.financial,education and many more or should i go back 2 motherland where i left my happyness and escape this sadness.where sun was bright and everything was looking right.and the dayz and night where longer. where month seemed years in somalia and years where decade compare 2 west.tasha i like the 2 point u made there,if i have 2 choose i would say i am both of them coz my brain wants to make more money, bush fancy car, dress 2 impress on the other hand my hearts whats to go back 2 where i belong and fit in where i should fit in coz in west i feel like iam allien who visited the wrong place where ppl judge my race.

thats all i can say at the moment i don't want 2 make this jaring (boring)and inshalaah soon as i finish uni i am on my way back home.

peace malies 1 luvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv

great topic,

for me though it's kinda diffrent I don't about u guys but I left home when i was a baby. I don't remember nothin but I still fell it inside . it's that natural instinct thing I feel that I don't i belong here in the states. but i've never been there either, so for me the ? for me is will they except me there when I get off that plane and meet people I never even heard of for the first time :confused: .

shyhem   

As much as America has been good to me,i still believe i belong to Africa.A man cannot easily forget the village he was circumcised.