Sign in to follow this  
RedSea

SOL's own Census

J.Lee   

I was born in Muqdisho, left when I was 3/4 (3.5 I think) lived in Kenya for couple of years then my family moved to Seattle when I was 8 and we have lived here ever since.

Farah Blue. I used to be an artist too, impressionism was my favorite style until I learned about the wonderful world of etching. Good times walee. Why is it that the older you get, the less you care to capture images?

Nephissa   

Is this another Somglish way of asking everyone's tribe? Why not PM me, I'll gladly tell you.

:D

I have been to 48 states and 12 countries, and there's nothing even close to being as good as home sweet home. Muqdisho babeh!

Bashita,

No, don't think there is any nefarious plot at work here.

What's your qabiil?<-----not really into qabiil scene, spur of the moment kinda question.

I was born in Isreal in the early 80s, moved to Xamar where I was kicked out for insubordination by Af-balaarne to S. Africa. I had an epiphany a day after I had private audience with N. Mendela... shortly afterwards I moved to the greatest nation on the face of the planet: Canada!

winnie   

born in saudi arabia, jeddah in 83 and exited for montreal canada in 1986. i still live in the same neighborhood i grew up in and have zero recollection of somalia which we used to visit as a family back when we lived in saudi. i feel gypped.

Originally posted by Bishitta:

I have been to 48 states and 12 countries, and there's nothing even close to being as good as home sweet home.
Muqdisho babeh!

48 states? Unless you have been to Alaska & Hawaii,i would say you re do your xisaab,after all arent you from the place they nicknamed "Xamar xisaab aa loo dagay"? smile.gif

I am not about to divuldge my personal & royal bio in the same thread among communists & zionist..nope! i am too noble for your kind. :D

Castro   

Originally posted by Brown:

I am not about to divuldge my personal & royal bio in the same thread among communists & zionist..nope! i am too noble for your kind.

No worries awoowe. We already know your lame story. Born in (insert ruined Somali city's name) then did some shit in some Arab or African country. Then taken by mommy (coz daddy stayed behind :D ) to some European or North American country where a long application (full of "authentic" my-uncle-was-tortured stories) for asylum. Now a proud citizen of western country X and life couldn't be better. Holla.

Bishy, 48 states? A truck driver?

^^I'm pretty conventional here too smile.gif

Born in Mogadishu, left when I was 11 months, brief stint in Sharjah, UAE. Then moved to the Netherlands when I was 5, grew up in a little farmer's town in north, then moved to the capital Amsterdam. After that I followed the first wave of Somalis migrating to the UK. Currently happily settled in the greatest city in the world, London, yeah baby. Seriously, have never been happier anywhere, except maybe in my little farmer's town, I had a wonderful idyllic childhood there, the kind you see in the movies, it was almost unreal.

Might want to move to my (current) dream city of San Fransisco at some point, I'd still be within reach of Hollywood but not too close. If they'll let me past immigration that is. smile.gif

Originally posted by Castro:

quote:Originally posted by Brown:

I am not about to divuldge my personal & royal bio in the same thread among communists & zionist..nope! i am too noble for your kind.

No worries awoowe. We already know your lame story. Born in (insert ruined Somali city's name) then did some shit in some Arab or African country. Then taken by mommy (coz daddy stayed behind
) to some European or North American country where a long application (full of "authentic" my-uncle-was-tortured stories) for asylum. Now a proud citizen of western country X and life couldn't be better. Holla.

Bishy, 48 states? A truck driver?
Lool,Castro. Ditto ina Atheer :D

Might want to move to my (current) dream city of San Fransisco at some point.

You werent lying when you said you were a hippie,oh xux smile.gif

Nephissa   

^ Ok I didn't do my math right, how about 47? :D

I'm a flight attendant Atheer, and I've been around the world (yaaay yaay yaay), with my flight discount and such I could prolly take Brown back to Dhuusomareeb. Nowhere fancy! :D

Baluug   

Originally posted by ScarFace:

^^^MC Xmar didnt have you down as COUNTRY BOY...

It sucked.....I look back now and I can't believe I wasted 10 years of my life in the middle of nowhere. Now that I'm used to the city, even Calgary is looking small, insha Allah I plan to move to Toronto in a few years.

Was born in Sakhar,the year of Sakhar!

Spent some time in Sakhar city, before moving on to another planet (Sakhar planet), before I again relocated to planet earth to only settle back to sakhar city, to only {settle;not really} in London. INshallah planning to go back to sakhar city after some time!

Nephissa   

^ Now I know your tribe. :D

Just like the Oday dude at the bus stop:

Adeer, xagee Somalia ka daganayd

A: Xamar

O: Adeer, xamar cid kastaa ka timide, Aabahaa xagu ku dhashay.

A: Usi laftiisa Xamaras ku dhashtay, (Isku raran)

O: hmm, waxan ku waydiiyey, Awoowgaana?

A: ------