Sign in to follow this  
Chocolate and Honey

The Secret

Jacpher   

I read the review and people were saying no new "secrets" revealed in this book. Too much drama and hype to make huge profits. I would assume it's as good as the next self-help book or late night tv infomercial except this one got excellent marketing team that Oprah endorses it on her show.

Cabdow   

I'm not a big fan of the so called self help books (I have always believed they are but rubbish money making schemes) But i would highly recommend anyone to read this book by Shaykh Aaidh ibn Abdullah al'Qarni. Very well written piece, you won't be disapointed!

dontbesad.jpg

Don't Be Sad by Aaidh ibn Abdullah al-Qarni

At a time in which the Muslims are beset with trials from every periphery and within, comes this heartening book rooted in the commandments of Allah (swt), the Sunnah and the
excellent guidance and examples of the Muslims that have come before us.

Don't Be Sad is an absolute must-read for all people. It is full of practical advice on how to replace sadness with a pragmatic and ultimately satisfying Islamic outlook on life.
It exposes to the modern reader how Islam teaches us to deal with the tests and tribulations of this world.

So, take heart and hold firmly onto the rope of Allah (swt).

Ps. The only way one can get 'the secret' in this life or in the here after is to follow the Qur'an and the Sunnah of the prophet (scw)!

You're right! That's exactly what I thought. In one of the chapters, they said if you put a request to the "Universe," wait patiently and dont say "what happened?" It reminded me of this Hadith, where the Nabiga(PPUH)encouraged people to ask for anything from Allah but discouraged questioning the timing of the answers to the prayers.

Rayyan   

I Think it’s in the bible "What a man thinks all day long so is he", running your brain is latest phenomena, and feeding and saturating your subconscious with a positive idea and self-talk, by:Autosuggestion, visualisation, imagination, faith, Desire, perseverance - just few old principles. but it needs a will power.

The best book I read about this topic was Napoleon Hill's Think and Grow Rich. And old book but reprinted thousand times. The whole book started by suggestion, Carnegie of American steel told young Napoleon who was at that time a young journalist under traing: Why one man struggles in life and another is making a fortune. That was the birth of the American dream. Why one cannot pay his bills and other accumulating riches of all sorts. Materialistic point of view and he gave a letter of recommendation to: Rockefellers, Morgan’s, Fords ..........

He (Napoleon) was steadfast and on job within 30 years to publish his work as the above mentioned book. But bottom line is: no visualisation without desire!

What you love to have you’ll have no matter, the prophecy will pass some how, I fail to get benefit from that book, cos my lack of will; I didn’t even finish the third chapter.

You'll also find in this book the Prophet of Islam's biography telling his success story from the people who dont believe his message.