Sign in to follow this  
nemo

Teach me Somali please

Saalixa   

really? abaayo is not an actual word? what about aboowe ok where is Nuune and MMM

They will have a lot to argue on that one

Aaliyyah   

I don't know why people say they wish they could write somali? please you can learn if you want, where there's a will there's a way...

btw abaayo is a word. it means walaal merely southern.

aribaaye maxa la dhaha kk? waligay ma maqal icon_razz.gif

I see you removed the "a"from abaaye, and instead wrote "ari"..aribaaye...very strange word... :D

Kool_Kat   

^What is strange to me is when people use 'walaal' for both male and female!

Male - Female

Aboowe - Abaayo

Ariboowe - Aribaaye

Walaaloow - Walaaleey

Walaal - Walaal? :confused:

Aaliyyah   

lol@ aribaaaye, ariboowe..walahi ma maqal...adaa i baray...hopefully next time I use it ppl wont look @ me in a strange way.. :D

walaal can be used for both girl/boy..or you can say walaashay if you prefer.....even seen some ppl who go walaalkis/walashiis..(at first i was like why are u saying walaalkiis...dont u mean walaalkey) bt I realized that's how they say it lol

salaam

RedSea   

Originally posted by Ibtisam:

WHAT? Err, so who the hell is the guy on my facebook claiming to be you?

Let me delet him baal. Accudubililah,

Wlc bk....I think

P.s. so are you as confused as him? Lander, Somalinimo, Puntilander, and from all corners of Somalia, adgia miya kaas?
:D

Assalamu Calaykum,

Dear Ibtisam, to make a long story short. I decided to quit somaliaonline for good. So I thought instead of deleting my account, I should let a friend of mind take over it for me as long as he intends to put it into a good use and not voilate any of the rules and regulations in place for this forum.

Now, I came back to claim it again, because I dearly missed this forum and some of the members that post her like Ibt. smile.gif

If any of you had any issues with him, they should let me know, I will grant you the proper apology on behalf of him and for the purpose of setting the record straight.

Moreover, I do not have face book or any other social networking, therefore if you got to know him, then you got to know him and not me.If he is being a good friend and hasn't misbehaved then I see no reason to delete him dear Ibti.

Thanks,

Assalamu calaykum.

RedSea   

Assalamu Calaykum,

Kool Kat,

Abaayo: is a word and it's used by somalis starting from Hiiraan and down south.

The term walaal has no distinctions in its reference to male and female when it's used as 'walaal', then it's for both genders.

It, however, changes according to the situation. For instance, you say "walaalow, magacaa" to a male and "walaaley, magacaa" for a female. Get it?

I normally use walaal, and would recommend its use. Because the term 'abaayo or abowe' carries hidden messege. Normally a person said to that, is most likely inclined to think that he/she is being interested in. It is not good to say that to people who have sick heart. They'll translate it differently then you meant. Your significant other is hereby an exception though. ;)

Aaliyah,

ariboowe is slang used by Bosaasians and rer bari in general. :D

assalamu calaykum.