Sign in to follow this  
diya

wondering.....

diya   

salam to all,

i have been asking this question for many years, and yet i have not had the accurate answer. so, i was wondering if u people can give me the answer i have been searching for all these years.

And the question is, why do most somali people live in Minnesota, and top of that, why do they live the worst areas? :rolleyes:

peace out.....diya

Sayyid   

The answer is simple walaalo.

I don't live in Minnesota nor in the USA but from second hand knowledge I gathered vital information regarding your question.

I've consulted many people and it almost took me a couple of years ago to get to the deep root of the question and subsequntely the answer.

For long years I've wondered about the same question you do right now.

But after tiredless research I found out that there are six major reasons why the majority of Somalis have settled in Minnesota State.

1. The liberal, friendly and welcoming attitude of its inhabitants, who aren't very racist.

2. Good public transport such as buses, trains and trams.

3. Welfare state means that work-shy somalis like me can get free hand-outs from the state.

4. Snow Somalis love it.

5. Close to Canadian border (means that many canadian Somalis can come over more easily and apply for asylum.

6. Somalis copy each other/another most of the time. (probably a couple of Somalis settled in Minnesota and soon afterwards the word spread of a magic state that had a sophisticated european style welfare system with free health care and public schools, which led to a full invasion from Somalis from far off places like New-Zealand.

Second Question: Why do Somalis live in the worst areas of the city?

Pure coincidence. You see Somalis came to the United States as asylum-seekers and immigrants and historically all new-comers to the country have to "work first there way up" before they can join the fun club of the upper and middle classes. This is well documented with other communties who were new-arrivals and new-comers such as the irish, italian, jews, germans, scandanavians, russians, middle-easteners, polish, dutch, indians, pakistanis and somalis.

And the list goes on and on...........!

I hope this answers all your questions.

Gabbal   

3. Welfare state means that work-shy somalis like me can get free hand-outs from the state.

4. Snow Somalis love it.

You seem like a stereo-typing foreigner.

Jafarel.   

Questions like...why are somalis this and that? Why do somalis do this and that? come from an envious group of people. I just hope you are not a subset of that group.

i have been asking this question for many years, and yet i have not had the accurate answer.

Well, you probably havent been using the right formula for this 'complex' problem. Ask yourself why you are from NC...

why do most somali people live in Minnesota, and top of that, why do they live the worst areas

Thats like asking 'why are most internet cafes in London owned by Somalis'?

Sis, Somalis know what is best for them (Most of them). I have never been to Minnesota (assylum seeker) and can only guess that it is city that suits their needs best.. be it social, financial, educational, religion,cultural, and the like...

Salahuddin Ayoubi's answer is the best I can think of.....

Good luck with your search. It is a search that will, I believe, do u no good at all.

well! basically, we are connected like a thread! if 1 does something, we follow! no q's asked!

for example, have u heard of the q's why the chicken cross the street idioms or expressions! just stick with that n u can follow this trail...! i.e., if one moves to the north pole, u bet your last dime, there will be followers no matter!!

Ka bax! waa la iska alifanaa yah! A foreigner asks the question another foreigner responds and all of a sudden all unsolved mysteries are solved :confused: .

all ya foreigners or out-of-state folks: Minnesota is a beautifull place 2be. It snows *as hell* but the same is true for all the upnorth states. Somalis like Minnesota because people out here are cool, jobs pay good, housing is affordable, amazing and affordable education and basically xaaraan ayaan ku haysanaa the state. Mayors, governers, and city officials come to our dinner parties and Eid prayers, ya dig it? I'm just sick&tired of people coming to MN in the middle of winter then complaing about the dullness of the city. if you want to have fun in MN in the witner time, Be little open-minded, go hunting or something :D . Spring and summer time are the best season to be in Mn and when you come plz dont go the most getto place in the entire state(eg. Somali malls, especially "24")and conclude that we are all on welfare :rolleyes: . broaden your horizons a little. Visit the Duluth resorts,the English colony classyy restaurantS in St. Paul and rent a boat and go cruizing or something: I becha ya like it( whith my best Minnesota accent ;) ) . Dont just encirle the few somali malls and unsanatary restaurants and claim you have seeN minnesota, okay :mad:

----------------------------------------------

Get Up!Up Even the best fall down sometimes

^^Or better yet, do some ice fishing on its frozen lakes, or go paddle a Norwegian canoe in Rum river, and tell us if Minnesota is not the place to be!