Sign in to follow this  
Saxardiid

Foreign-Educated Somalis Give Up Lucrative Incomes Abroad to Serve Homeland

Maasha Allah! hereos aren't they?

Foreign-Educated Somalis Give Up Lucrative Incomes Abroad to Serve Homeland

Three years ago, two Somali doctors gave up their lucrative practices and comfortable lives in Persian Gulf states, and returned to Mogadishu to set up the hospital.

The two doctors brought with them much-needed skills to treat widespread illnesses, such as tuberculosis, malaria, and respiratory diseases.

The doctors could not afford to build a new hospital. But, working with friends, they pooled enough money to purchase some high-tech diagnostic equipment to support their work in gynecology, urology, obstetrics, and other key medical specialties.

They charge patients $1 per visit, and the price includes 10 days of follow-up care. But that is as much as many Somalis earn for a full day of work. So, on Thursdays, consultations and treatments are free.

Read more here

OG Moti   

Heroes ???? u sure???

Foreign-Educated Somalis are the source of somali problemes, they send money to somalia so that people there would be able to purchase weapons and cont.. killing.. man hero beel war naga daa waxan dibadaha jooga ayaa ugu xun no only they are chickens to go home and fight by themselves for their sick reasons, they also send loads of money and enjoy the suffering of their people....

Foreign-Educated Somalis are full of s h i t.. and they must be stopped! peace

Mowgli   

Asalaama Alaikum

OG aboowe, I beg to difer...many members of my family have gone back to the motherland to help. Help being the key word in that sentence...I don't understand why you generalising all foriegn educated Somalis :confused: ?A person should not make sweeping statements without any evidence to back it up

Ma'Salaama

king_450   

I know that most of the well educated somalis, who have something to offer Our Motherland ,want to do so for all the possiblities, without any hesistation, with the exception of one thing,

"Safety" is the treshold for our trouble. I for one will risk my life to better the well being of our children without any reservation of who they are, but all i see is Hatered and more Hatred.

I know some of my families are migrated back to the motherland and yes i do send money, but not to be bought ,Weapons , Spears or any other destructive aspects. Plz let's focus the topic and stay away from the fray, too many broken glasses flying, and we can't cover our eyes too long. Help if you can, if not don't.

Originally posted by OG_Moti:

Heroes ???? u sure???

Foreign-Educated Somalis are the source of somali problemes, they send money to somalia so that people there would be able to purchase weapons and cont.. killing.. man hero beel war naga daa waxan dibadaha jooga ayaa ugu xun no only they are chickens to go home and fight by themselves for their sick reasons, they also send loads of money and enjoy the suffering of their people....

Foreign-Educated Somalis are full of s h i t.. and they must be stopped! peace

Moti

As they say "qof walba waxa uu yahay buu dadka kale moodaa" you don't have right to insult the cream of our nation. the true mujahids of our life time and the role models of our people. maybe sxb you don't really know who are those people whom i was talking about. consider this, just over 10 years ago a group of 'foriegn educated somalis from all over the world came together and started thinking and creating schools and other educational institutions in mogadisho. Now they run string of schools, institutes and the largest university in Mogadisho. this university even offers PHD for the fist time in somali history. The subjects they offer include Islamic studies and medical subjects and trainings for nurses. In the name of Allah, do you call these people heroes or to use your words 'full of shit..? Foriegn educated somalis include doctors, nurses, teachers, ullama or Islamic schoolers etc. sxb you have to make clear where you stand, are you with the warlords who tried everything in their disposal to stop what those heroes are doing or with those heroes who sacrified everything to help our people?

Senora   

Foreign-Educated Somalis are the source of somali problemes, they send money to somalia so that people there would be able to purchase weapons and cont.. killing..

Are you kidding me with all of this! That is not the case with many Somali's. Many of us, whether you ignorantly fail to recognize this send money back home so that our families would be able to attain the basic needs they need to survive. i can't belive you would even insult those kind-hearted people who are willing to give up those "high-end' jobs to help out the less fortunate..

p.s. i dont believe that help should only be granted to a specific group of people....But what exactly are you doing?Aren't you helping out those fellow Cambodians....I would have guessed that someone like you would have some sort of understanding....Couldn't you in a sense be considered foreign-educated as well?