Sign in to follow this  
makalajabti

Female Genital Mutilation

Katrina   
makalajabti if you haven't already read "Women and Gender in Islam" by Leila Ahmed plzzzzzzzzz do!! I think you'd luv it, parts of it will blow your mind...polygomy, the first Islamic society, Abbasid period, the establishment of Islamic law, women in jahilia, adoption of cultural practices into Islam and much more. Aaaaaah, a must read.

Cara.   

Originally posted by Scarlet:

^Have you talked to her about it?

Yes, I asked her, and she said she can't be sure they won't sleep around when they are teens. The thing is, I wouldn't be surprised. She's the most indifferent, hands-off mom I've ever seen. She doesn't talk to her kids unless she's screaming at them. She spends more time talking on the phone than interacting with her 4 year old. She ships them off to her mother every summer. The kids have terrible manners, no self-discipline and little incentive to look after themselves. They will sleep around when they grow older, because they are desperately starved for attention. But since she's mutilated her daughters, that's supposed to protect them from making mistakes.

What did she/the girls say about it? Thats horrible!

To be honest I couldn't bring it up with the girls; I don't have the heart to ask them and then just mind my own business. Argh...

Castro   

Originally posted by Cara:

She's the most indifferent, hands-off mom I've ever seen. She doesn't talk to her kids unless she's screaming at them. She spends more time talking on the phone than interacting with her 4 year old. She ships them off to her mother every summer. The kids have terrible manners, no self-discipline and little incentive to look after themselves. They
will
sleep around when they grow older, because they are desperately starved for attention.

Since it's customary around here to bash deadbeat Faaraxs, it is important to lambast, just as severely, Xalimos of the type mentioned above. Though not as great in numbers as their male counterparts, the potential damage caused by their failed motherhood is far more devestating than just what an absentee father could cause alone. A failed mother is a failed family.

Cara, I'd (anonymously :D ) report her behind to CPS, if I were you. You don't want shit like this on your conscience for decades to come.

Cara.   

That's true, Castro. But I don't want to separate kids from their mom, as awful as she is. That'd also be on my conscience for decades. I have a very strong inhibition when it comes with meddling with other people's kids.

Abaadir   

Inkastoo uusan topic ninweyn ahayn hadana...... anyone here think that FGM deter women having pre-marital affairs? …But I agree it is bad and primitive practice and has to be stopped. I would NOT allow anyone do this to my daughter.

^Thanks for elaboration ..I will NEVER insha-allah but still will give my daughter enough sex and relationship studies in compatible with Islam, quraan and Sunnah

Now let us switch the topic to the circumcision on Boys

It is another FGM...

Cara.   

Originally posted by The Flipmode:

Now let us switch the topic to the
circumcision
on Boys

It is another FGM...

Do you know what the "F" in "FGM" stands for?

Originally posted by Cara:

quote:Originally posted by The Flipmode:

Now let us switch the topic to the
circumcision on Boys

It is another FGM...

Do you know what the "F" in "FGM" stands for?
Of course he does, you're not giving due credit here. F stands for: Flipmode.