Sign in to follow this  
finestsista2005

Writing big words don't make u a better person!

Sophist   

Originally posted by Sophist:

Salaams,

Looks like someone is insecure about something and is trying to hide whatever that is by using some big *** words!!! I have never met anybody talking or writing like this ever.. and yeah.. including university professors !!! :rolleyes:

uuh, perhaps that says great deal about the infelicitousness of the university you attend dear smile.gif

Xafsa   

People get over yourselves!!! Why is it any of your business what kind of words that sophist, or anyone else uses for that matter? Don't you have enough to worry about in your everyday lives?

Let the man express himself however way he sees fit!

LuCkY   

SaLaaMz,

This is what happens when peopLe have too much TIME on their hands and they dont have a good use for it!Can You Say HATERS!!!---some peopLe need to take a chiLL piLL.

RaMadan KarIIm.

Rokko   

Originally posted by Opinionated:

lol...I feel ya girl. Just take a look at the debate section. [/QB]

This just caught my eye.

Opinionated, I don't get this.

I remember ya crucifying other nomads when they criticized those "R&B" music girls but look at you now hating on other nomads who are just "expressing" themselves.

Here is your comment defending those R&B girls from that "OO LA LA" topic:

Somalis are the biggest haters in the world...

Why are y'all putting em under a microscope as if you have the right to...It's not right at all..

looooooool. Think about what ya wrote above girl. ;) The difference between Sophist/Saylic and those R&B girls is that these brothers express themselves through their writing na'mean. It is 100% Halaal. :D

I think we should let these nomad express themselves and do their thang. They cool fellas na'mean. We are all not the same na'mean.

word.

it seems to me Everyone likes to say what the other said in different format thinkin they have said new stuff.......

All I see is ppl who have a problem with the way Sophist writes..Tuff Luck!!!..and some ppl whol like the way Sophist write...Tuff Luck U's All!!!....

Now for once lets ask ourselves what are "BLOOODY" Big words???... In case U neva heard anyword of those so called big words before...dont feel u r lesser intelligent....and if u know it dont feel u are better than anyone just u know one extra word....

So let me say My opinion about this matter.

......heheh..am kiddin....

Go back to ur books for some of u it is midterm (Midterm...a new word i learned few days ago)..and for others go back to work..or sleep which eva u were doin...

Salaamaaat (replacement for Cheers in the Ramadan)

As both a literature and philosophy scholar, I delight in using ostentatious phrasing and do not vacillate to do so at every occasion. As some of my fellow Nomads have stated, it does make discussion far, far more fascinating. As I have continuously contemplated, why inconvenience oneself to gain knowledge of a language completely, if one will not exercise one's treaty to employ it at every available opportune?

Though, it is habitually those who are prone to an elevated academic milieu that employ an advanced form of literature - or so research has suggested rather plainly.

With regards to personal attacks, please renounce from perpetrating such spells since we all come here for some much-needed relief from the daily toils of our lives.

To First Lady: Harken, my dear! Yet once again doth I importune thee to undertake a genteel spirit (despite your cries of “Give us leave, vile pepagogue!”) and brazen not thou heart against mine. Chide me not, for “All the world’s a stage/And all the women and men are merely players” so have thou mercy upon us mere players, for harm we wish not upon thee.

Hee hee hee! :D:D:D

Lefty   

LOL@Lakkad..that was thy.

I think the girl who posted this thread has a point. The basic way of writing is by using the easiest and the most ordinary understandable way of communicating. If some or the most people can't understand the meaning of your messages, what's the point of decoding them.

Some heads are turning into jealous weirdoz here.

You can use as much dictionary wordz as you can or even thesaurus, but in serious writing if you don't have a "style", you just wasting yo time.

Sophist has style and his writing is more real than 99% of them folkz here. Sophist has his own audience on this forum. If some of ya don't like it, there are those who love his workz. skip it.

Stop the hate.

Stop the Jealousy saxiibayaal. Ciyaalnimo ma fiicno.

Sophist, Leamante says keep doing yo thang.

Liqaye   

somalis are very intreasting animals, if it is not what you say, when you said it, and why u said its the words you used.

I am not being impolite but I think some people are posting here under other names.....cause all this nonsense that seems to survive into 10 pages is the hallmark of some nomads.

Anyhoo just a thought i had last night in my bubble bath.....

I decided to quote Lefty's question because it's an excellent question.

If some or the most people can't understand the meaning of your messages, what's the point of decoding them.

If people can't understand the level of language that is written in the post, then decoding those words is an added advantage to one's vocabulary Lefty.(it's just another forum of a self teaching tool)

Just how many of you actually thought about improving your vocabulary at some point in time?? How many of you use the dictionary as often as two or three times a week???

If the above statement doesn't describe the nomads, you might want to take full advantage of what's infront of your pc screen because there might come a time of regret and by then it might be too late to thank Sophist.

How interesting smile.gif

>strange

>

>Aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at an Elingsh uinervtisy, it

>deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoetnt

>tihng is taht frist and lsat ltteer is at the rghit pclae. The rset can be

>a

>

>toatl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit porbelm.

>

>Tihs is bcuseae we do not raed ervey lteter by it slef but the wrod as a

>wlohe.

>

Mobb Deep,

You really don't have a case against me because I didn't judge Sophist. All I said was...take a look at the debate section. Honestly, I don't go there anymore because its a gathering for philosopher wannabes...No one said they CAN'T express themselves..in fact, I don't mind them sticking to the Debate section ...but that does not mean I will subject myself to reading their essays...just like those girls are doing their thing, I just would not subject myself to their music (if you know what I mean)..

Now is that a crime?

Curly   

Lol, Pyromaniac Pixie I’m with you 110% I had so much fun reading the first couple of pages, and then I got bored…oh and confused!

Come on First-Lady it seems to me your “so called” simple words aren’t as clear-cut as you think. I had more of a taxing time trying to make sense of the twaddle you’ve written.

Honestly, expanding your vocabulary isn’t a bad thing to aspire to; I actually find that people like Sophist help me do just that!

However, I do understand your difficulties with reading Sophist’s posts…it’s only comprehensible that you haven’t quiet grasped the English language as a whole just yet, let alone large intellectual words we’ve come accustom to.

As a matter of fact the only reason I joined SOL was because of people like sophist, who make me ponder that there is more to Somalis than abusive slang words and tribalism, which you find too commonly on other forums.

Anyways I think the sooner you realise that you haven’t raised an important issue and that you’ve just embarrassed yourself quiet publicly on SOL the better!