Sign in to follow this  
Che -Guevara

Mali Music

Carafaat   

Mali is a country in Africa. Wallahi, Mareekan makes people even more ignorent. Africans who dont even know Africa.

malimapnow.gif

am not sure about where you are but if America makes people ignorent, where ever you are makes them simpletons. I know very well where Mali is but malian music was what I was talking about.....

BOB   

Bamako is by far the most humid city I've ever been to and the motorbike taxis are the best taxis in the world. it will be a shame if you didn't experience riding one of those taxis through the overly populated streets of Bamako. Yeah they love their kora and just about anybody can play it including their ladies and children and they also love their rice with buckets of oil plus and some of them look just like maryooleey.

When it comes to French West Africa, it's the Senaglese who are the front runners and I went to few concerts while I was in Dakar and managed to see some heavyweights the likes of the late great, the diva of the divas Yande Codou Sene, Ismail Lo, Baaba Maal, Viviane Ndour ( the sister-in-law of Youssou) she has the sweetest voice one can imagine and she's drop dead gorgeous too and few others I cannot recall.

Africa has produced many great musicians whom are as talented as any musician in any era anywhere in the world therefore I'd add the list to some divas that are world famous but not from Mali, the likes of Angelique Kidjo from ( Benin) the late great Cesaria Evora (Cape Verde) You just know she's singing about a lost love for she sings from the soul. Antonio Paulin (Angola) Dina Santos (Angola) Bonga (Angola) Bruna (Gorgeous mulato from Angola) Philippe Montero (Senegalese-Cape Verdian).

I do not listen to music AT ALL now and for that I'm grateful to almighty...Alhamdulillah.

Peace, Love & Unity.

BOB   

Irmãos Verdades (Mozambique). Maputo...my kind of city, what an amazing city.

Che you devil man, you made me reminisce about the old days tonight. :P

Peace, Love & Unity.

BOB;810208 wrote:

Che you devil man, you made me reminisce about the old days tonight.
:P

Peace, Love & Unity.

Not just that, I have somehow managed to dispel some Carafaat's assumptions about me and perhaps even surprised Bluecilious little.

p.s Is there anywhere in Africa you haven't been to?

Bluelicious...I posted the topic April 2006 but I was fan since 2002.

BOB   

Yeah I've never been to North Africa yet and most countries in central africa. You should go on a road trip across Africa and you'll have the most amazing adventure ever and it will cost you far less than what it will cost you if you were to go from Massachusetts to California. :)

Peace, Love & Unity.

BOB sxb, oo adaaba war hayee? maxaad ka haysay dhulkaa, ileen dalxiis umaadan tegine :D

Yeah, these days I don't listen music either Alhamdullilaah. but recently i was putting together a video for my Company about Africa and i needed music that will move the audience, unfortunately the Somali music sounded bit joyous to me unless it was about love and even then it was not connecting emotionally.

I end up using Mali music to capture the essence of Africa. Shame, eh

Cheers

BOB   

Legend of Zu;810883 wrote:
BOB sxb, oo adaaba war hayee? maxaad ka haysay dhulkaa, ileen dalxiis umaadan tegine
:D

You’re right I wasn’t there for holiday and I wasn’t there for an espionage mission either! My intention was to fly to Abidjan meet up with my cousin who was working for UNDP and then return to Johannesburg within two weeks but somehow I ended up zigzagging through West Africa and the more I travelled the more I liked and before I knew it I was swimming in the gorgeous beaches of Dakar, Conakry and Banjul. :)

Peace, Love & Unity.

raula   

Nice. Had the opportunity to see Tinariwen in concert last year. Habib K engages his audience than for instance Vieux farka toure (Ali's son-who is as much talented as his dad but perhaps needs more experience-but awesome beats!)...few times. Habib was travelling w/a malian' tuarage singer known as AFEL BOCOUM (wow!). LOVE Youssou Ndour's call about SOMALIA during the famine-was passionate & spoke the truth about the so-called sheep-skin african leaders.

As for Southern Africa-saw Oliver Mtukudzi on concert-superb beats more like what i used to listen to in Kenya!.