Miskiin-Macruuf-Aqiyaar

Wixii xunba xaawa leh

Somali Pirates Now Operating In Nigeria, Says NIMASA DG

The Director-General, Nigerian Maritime Administration and Safety Agency (NIMASA), Bashir Jamoh, has raised the alarm that Somali pirates are now active in Nigerian waters and the Gulf of Guinea.

Jamoh made the disclosure when he received the new Consul-General of the Korean Embassy, Kang Haenggu, and Ambassador Designate of Belgium, Daniel Bertrand, who visited the agency’s headquarters in Lagos.

A statement by NIMASA spokesman, Philip Kyanet on Sunday, quoted the NIMASA DG as saying that the pirates often navigated through Nigeria’s maritime boundaries, and sometimes came through the land borders.

He said that a maritime intelligence unit established by NIMASA to nip maritime crimes in the bud through identification of early warning signs had revealed a relationship between crimes in the Nigerian maritime domain and the Somali pirates.

“We discovered a correlation between crimes in our waters and the activities of the Somali pirates. They have a means of navigating from the coast of Somalia to Nigeria, through the waters of our West African neighbours. In some cases, they enter through the land borders and commission boats to carry out their activities,” he said.

Jamoh called for South Korean and Belgian investments in the Nigerian maritime industry, particularly in the areas of wreck removal and shipbuilding, as well as assistance in the training and certification of Nigerian seafarers.

The South Korea and Belgium envoys separately acknowledged the security challenges in the Gulf of Guinea and promised to support Nigeria’s efforts to improve security and enhance trade in the Nigerian maritime domain.

Xigasho

• Haha - That was funny. You made me laugh! 1

galbeedi   

Is this a new way to make a cash from the European fools. No Somali pirate boat could travel five thousand miles from the Red sea to the Mediterranean and all the way to the southern Atlantic.

I think  some Somalis from Eyl and Xaradheere should make a contact to this Nigerian guy and make some deal to transfer couple of boats to Lagos and cash in this new enterprise.

• Haha - That was funny. You made me laugh! 1

Haha. I am sure Hobyo boys moved to West Africa to show the Super Eagles how to get things done peacefully. What happened to Boko Haram? They could do their thing and teach piracy too. 

Walee waa cajiib.