Sign in to follow this  
B

Money = Power = Respect!

Kool_Kat   

Money does buy happiness! I always feel happier when I have money...They truly lied when they said 'Money can't buy happiness'...

Castro   

Originally posted by Kool_Kat:

Money does buy happiness! I always feel happier when I have money...They truly lied when they said 'Money can't buy happiness'...

It doesn't atheer. It just keeps away that nasty feeling of being broke. Which is priceless. lol.

Napoleon   

I like when people say money can't buy happiness, or rich people have other problems, it's the sort of things people say to make up for their perceived lower status in the social hierarchy. A nice defense mechanism of sorts. And it makes us feel better as a society to think that rich people or those who have things we covet are riddled with other problems, which is not always the case. There is no fairness fairy that makes sure human problems, disabilities, status, diseases, etc is equally distributed among humans. Shi.t just is the way it is, and more than likely rich people are just about as happy if not more happy than poor people.

Kool_Kat   

Originally posted by Juxa:

^^^
:D:D

see pay-day

I am always happier every other Tuesday...Today happens to be happy Tuesday! :D

Originally posted by Castro:

It doesn't
atheer

:mad:

Zafir   

Just give me Respect from that list.

Originally posted by Beer-Gaal:

Happiness! that is what pple fight Money Ain't Buy ,,,Money= DISTRESS then.

This reminds me of that dyslectic pimp who use to say "Money better have my bi!ch" LOL.

B   

i think we can all agree that having money greatly increases our welfare and overall well-being. I am not talking about excessive and ridicolous amounts, that not nice at all. But having your basic provisions met does increase your quality of life. Still, its more money = more respect = more power.

Khayr   

They did a study on Oprah with women, men and attractiveness. They found that as soon as some women found out how much a man paid, their attractiveness towards that man jumped dramatically. He wasn't ugly no mo! :D

I remember once when I was youngered and was working for "free" (the free part I found out, once my pay day come around and I was told "Sorry, didn't you read the fine print" redface.gif ) that one of the bosses said " Money can't buy you happy but it sure can RENT IT for you!"

Money can and often does buy you Power and Prestige which translates to RESPECT.

There isn't such a thing as unconditional love in this world, its all conditional on the size of the wallet. ;)

B   

My finance have been awfully for almost two years now. I owe thousands of pounds to the bank, they send down court threats all the time. I am living a life of meagre existence. All I can manage is my travel money and some of the donations/sponsorships received are all spent on indulgences like cigs and drugs. Lucky, I have an amazing family, who buy me clothes and stuff and I also look very well-off. But my concern is the lack of tangible money. My friends operate a 'caag' service (credit card fraud), they buy impressive stuff but I am not dumb enough to go that far because of the consequence. Life without money is not nice. I don't like it to be honest, but I have no choice but to hang in there because I know it wont last forever and I know one day I will be financially secure and take my mum on holiday and buy nice things for her because she has been very kind to me for a long time now.