Sign in to follow this  
Libaax-Sankataabte

I will meet you there next summer

UAE-Dubai-webshots8storm884.jpg

United Arab Emirates

Burj Al Arab

Royal Suites

$6,850 per night

If Elton John and Donatella Versace teamed up to create a hotel, it would probably look a lot like Dubai's Burj Al Arab, which describes itself as "tremendously bold." The hotel's two Royal Suites are a gleeful explosion of all things gold, glittery and marble. Then again, what would you expect from a hotel that is shaped like a billowing sail and is the tallest hotel in the world (1,053 feet high, only slightly smaller than the Empire State Building)?

To put the Royal Suites in context, the Burj Al Arab also has its own submarine ride to an underwater restaurant complete with shark-infested aquarium, and it is built on top of a manmade island (merely crossing the bridge will cost you $55). Guests are met at the airport in a Rolls-Royce Silver Seraph. The two Royal Suites, located on the 25th floor, are split-level rooms joined by a private elevator. The rooms feature a private cinema, whirlpool baths and rotating beds. Each room also has a meeting room, dining room, dressing room and butler's room with a separate entrance. The décor is a mix of Greek, Arabic and over-the-top Italian as interpreted by Versace (some of the bed linens are indeed Versace).

Burj Al Arab

Jumeirah Beach

Dubai, United Arab Emirates

Phone: 971 4 301 7266

Fax: 971 4 301 7001

E-mail: reservations@burj-al-arab.com

lol   

LS: I shall wlc u... and the rest of the nomads... and will do u the favors ... and drive u up there... it ain't all that.. except for the sea-restraunt.... that is gorgeous.... :D

Jaabir   

I heard a fleet of Rolls Royse’s shuttle the guests from the Airport to the hotel.. ridicules.. :mad:

if i was going to a vacation.. i would defintaly go to Malasia.. my brother went there last year and Man o man.. that place is like god's heaven on earth.. i am planning to go there this summer with my younger brother insha alaah.. smile.gif

Haneefah   

I saw the model of this "manmade" island before but I never knew they were done already...very elegant indeed.

I shall meet you too, next yr before hajj insha'allah...the beach alone will do it for me(that's how desperate I am for a vacation).

Macalin   

Beautiful Hotels...i thought i saw the darn thing on 'Great hotels' but hey...

Anyways i have a q to ponder....Do they charge like an hrly Rate? :D u know like motel 6??

lakkad! u motel 6 customer, i will the lights on 4 yah!!

but hey lets be realistic on this one! u know what this is! a sign of decadent society! lil sheekhs dont have any +veness to how 4 but rather copying western bs and taste for wannabee rich western socities. i mean, isnt enough to but a grand hotel on land but rather spend zillion carving a dhow shapped hotel out of the sea!!! naaah! it aint nothing but igonrance!!! we leave in their country like sub-humans and some 1 had the odecity to put this thing here! i say gimme a break!!! please do me a favor and put some thing i can be a proud off!! like a nice of natural pic for nomadland here!!! peace!

Paragon   

Libaax...that place is in a league of its own. Sometime back there was a TV documentary about it. They say, the place is the first 7 star place on earth...

Nice place to unwind for free though.....and jazz away in dreams :D ...

Listen to this ... SUMMER SUN ...just one of my fav'rite tunes.. smile.gif . Tis going there thru a dream..

lol   

GUYS... It is not all dat walaahi... don't get your hopes all too high... I have been there.. Dubai has alot of better things to offer walaahi... Burj Al Arab is just over rated... according to my standards :D

LS: It is not that expensive,.,... used to be b4 but now it is just AED2500 = $681.2...

And we have Whitney Houston for Valentine's Day... :D