Sign in to follow this  
Kashafa

Operation Northwood: 9/11 of the '60's ?

Kashafa   

Peep this:

Operation Northwoods,
which had the written approval of the Chairman and every member of the Joint Chiefs of Staff
, called for innocent people to be shot on American streets; for boats carrying refugees fleeing Cuba to be sunk on the high seas; for a wave of violent terrorism to be launched in Washington, D.C., Miami, and elsewhere. People would be framed for bombings they did not commit; planes would be hijacked. Using phony evidence, all of it would be blamed on Castro, thus giving Lemnitzer and his cabal the excuse, as well as the public and international backing, they needed to launch their war.

The suggestions of Northwoods include:

Start rumors about Cuba by using clandestine radios.

Stage mock attacks, sabotages and riots at Guantanamo Bay and blame it on Cuban forces.

Firebomb and sink an American ship at the Guantanamo Bay American military base - reminiscent of the USS Maine incident at Havana in 1898, which started the Spanish-American War - or destroy American aircraft and blame it on Cuban forces.
(The document's first suggestion regarding the sinking of a U.S. ship is to blow up a manned ship and hence would result in U.S. Navy members being killed, with a secondary suggestion of possibly using unmanned drones and fake funerals instead.)

"Harassment of civil air, attacks on surface shipping and destruction of US military drone aircraft by MIG type [sic] planes would be useful as complementary actions."

Destroy an unmanned drone masquerading as a commercial aircraft supposedly full of "college students off on a holiday". This proposal was the one supported by the Joint Chiefs of Staff.

Stage a "terror campaign", including the "real or simulated" sinking of Cuban refugees:

"We could develop a Communist Cuban terror campaign in the Miami area, in other Florida cities and even in Washington. The terror campaign could be pointed at Cuban refugees seeking haven in the United States. We could sink a boatload of Cubans enroute [sic] to Florida (real or simulated). We could foster attempts on lives of Cuban refugees in the United States even to the extent of wounding in instances to be widely publicized."

Burn crops by dropping incendiary devices in Haiti, Dominican Republic or elsewhere.

Life, Liberty, and Pursuit of Happiness, anybody ? Sorry, bad joke.

Wow. For all the conspiracy theory-haters out there, sorry to bust your bubble but this ain't no conspiracy. The documents are authentic drafts and memos from meetings that took place among the top brass of the US goverment, all which were recently declassified. Check it all out at the National Security Archives at GW University(in case Wikipedia happens to be an anti-American hotspot)

All of that terror and destruction(aimed at tax-paying patriotic Americans) for one modest goal: overthrowing the Castro regime. Compare that to a)redrawing the socio-political map in the Middle East, 'spreading freedom throghout the land and among the masses'. b) gaining control of a quarter of the planets oil and gas reserves. c) keeping the tabs on the next great big threat: that slumbering giant called Islam. Would a 9/11 be worth it ? Perfect pretext,domestic and international support: The Land of the Free was attacked, It must show the world it's response. If that response entails destroying and taking over a few countries, it's all good, you're just 'destroying the seeds of terror', uprooting an 'ideaology of hate and intolerance'. You gotta give the devil his due: Impressive.

But umm hold on, maybe the US machine did change over the course of 40 years, maybe it no longer lives and breathes the 'ends justify the means philosophy. Maybe it's um er nice and good, like a big fuzzy teddy bear. But then again that begs the question: If it was prepared to kill and murder it's own citizens then for a trivial goal, what exactly has changed to stop it from doing so now(and with much bigger stakes at hand). Wierd.

Draw your own conclusions but don't be a fool who trumpets the conspiracy theory charge when his comfort zone is threatened with such conclusive evidence as Operation Northwood. You heard that right. The US goverment likes to kill people. Strictly business tho. All in the line of duty. It's methodical and principled, which I guess makes the suffering more palatable. I mean, check it: would you rather go out at the hands of the greatest military machine in history, or at the hand of an wild-eyed crazy terrorist ?

Draw your own conclusions

I Have my freind K'shafa.[You will know in a minute].

This is a very interesting way of looking @ issues. Anything is possible from the CIA.

Being the cynic that i am, i have a very hard time connecting this northwood episode with 9/11.

If my history[Channel] classes were anything good, i vaguely remember that the Cuban Missile[A commie state so close to Capitalist America] crisis threatened the very existence of America.

If your country is feeling to be wiped out of the world map,& you are the president of such a country, what would you do?

My freind,desperate times call for desperate measures. Screw the commies anyway smile.gif

Kashafa   

If your country is feeling to be wiped out of the world map,& you are the president of such a country, what would you do?

Lemme see, I'd probably display signs of leadership(that's what I'm paid to do) by confronting the problem head-on. Even if that means a full-fledged invasion of Cuba. One thing I would not do is murder and terrorize the very same people who elected me into office so that i'd have a pretext to defend them.

That's not the case here. The Cuban Missile Crisis came later. When Operation Northwood was proposed, there was no threat of Castro attacking the States. They, for whatever reason, coundn't stand a Commie state in their backyard and decided to take him out. I have no problem with that. But since when was it OK to even think about engaging in domestic terrorism to acheive a foreign policy goal. I'm just using this example to demonstrate the ruthlessness of the US goverment and how far it's prepared to go. How different is the State and Defense Departments from any other terrorist organization ?

But since when was it OK to even think about engaging in domestic terrorism to acheive a foreign policy goal. I'm just using this example to demonstrate the ruthlessness of the US goverment and how far it's prepared to go.

You are right. Its never ok to even think about it. Thats why it was never implemented. Just becoz someone[CIA] thought about it doesnt mean it was a US policy. Someone probably said, Dude;This is plain Stup1d.

Eitherways, Do you honestly beleive that 9-11 was staged? :cool:

Kashafa   

That 'someone at the CIA' is none other than the Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff and every member on the Committee.

Operation Northwoods, which had the written approval of the Chairman and every member of the Joint Chiefs of Staff

It doesn't get higher than that, buddy. They ARE the US goverment. Plus, once an idea is put on paper and signed, it no longer remains an abstract idea. It becomes official policy.

Eitherways, Do you honestly beleive that 9-11 was staged?

Can't say for sure now, but yes, I'm leaning that-a-way. staged meaning: orchestrated by forces other than the oft-mentioned 19 hijackers and Al-Qaida. ,<--- They may well have been pawns in a game of chess with international ramifications.

^Hes not the president you know?Just becoz it was the approval of a head of a dept doesnt mean swatt. There are many operations that are undertaken by the dept of defence on a daily/monthly basis. That doesnt mean its the "Official" policy of any given country.

I think you are just re enforcing your conspiracy thoughts. Things that happened decades ago, in a scenario that was so different from 2000 world cannot be compared. Sure the country is still the same, but things change.

You had doubts about 9/11 & anything that has a positive lean towards your theory, suddenly make sense.[Me thinks].

Baashi   

Kashafa,

Too much information is out there pal. U see the trouble with all this information is there is no way to authenticate them. Even in the event documents are declassified the spin masters will see to it that you the lay folk hear six to ten accounts. Thsi kinda tactic reduces the folks who question the official line and the ones who give credence to the so-called conspiracy theories as naive uninformed fellaz who swallow all sorts of stories.

Having said that, one thing is clear and that is the world's resources be it water or oil are getting scarce by the decade and those who have the might to safeguard their national interest will do whatever is necessary to gaurantee their nation that their national interests are protected. Despite the rethoric there is no moral superiority when it comes to this struggle over resources. It has always been this way. The dictum that might makes right has always been the standard. Thusidius (check spelling) was right in his account on the Athenians and Milos. It really sums up...In response to Milans' plea to be left alone on moral grounds, Athenians tell it as it has been then and as it is now and as it will be in the forseeable future: "The powerful exact what they can and the weak grant what they must". No wonder nations are armed to the teeth...they understand what Homer's historical account implied.

In my humble opinion, conspiracy stories whether they exist or not are tall tales the weak parties in any conflict tell to themselves in order to soothe their pains.

Kashafa   

^^ Thanks Bishy :cool:

In my humble opinion, conspiracy stories whether they exist or not are tall tales the weak parties in any conflict tell to themselves in order to soothe their pains.

I second that. Conspiracy stories are an easy way out, Boom Shakalaka and you've got an answer for all your problems. Son: Daddy, why are we living in a refugee camp ? Father: Son-Son, because the Jews control the world and all it's leaders through a secret society, Here read this book(Protocols of the Elders of Zion) and it'll explain everything. The same goes for UFO sightings etc. A lazy man's tool.

That said, make no mistake about the lengths the US goverment will go to to cement it's status and maintain it's dominance. My question remains: If the US goverment was prepared to slaghter it's own citizens to find a pretext for invading Cuba, why do many find it hard to belive it could stage a 9/11 and in return gain a lasting foothold in Muslim world, not to mention those priceless natural resource. In the absence of concrete definitive evidence, the events of September the 11th must still be researched. The official 9/11 commission report raises more questions than it answers.

I hope you're not doubting the authenticity of the Northwood documents, it's beyond proven. but let's say it might just be 'spin' for distraction. Do you think it's beyond the powers that be to sit down, discuss, and implement such a horrific plan ?

Operation Northwoods, a 1962 United States Department of Defense plan to commit acts of terrorism (real and/or simulated) on American tourists in Cuba and blame them on the Castro government to encourage support for an invasion of the country to depose Castro, was long considered to be a groundless conspiracy theory until the project's documents were declassified and published. The operation was approved by the Joint Chiefs of Staff, but was rejected by Defense Secretary Robert McNamara. General Lyman Lemnitzer, Chairman of the Joint Chiefs, was fired shortly after.

Castro   

There is no doubt in my mind that US planners are capable of (and have engaged in) many of the conspiracies of which they're accused. But for 9/11, I think there had to have been too many people informed of the plot to make it work. With that size of a circle, a leak would have certainly come out. My suspicion is the planners caught wind of the impending attack, contemplated the scale of the damage and decided that long term benefits in terms of aggression in the middle east and curtailment of civil liberties here would far out weigh any brownie points received by stopping the attack. In other words, while the US may not have actively planned or executed the attacks, the "intelligence failures" we keep hearing about were not failures at all but a planned strategy and, in hindsight, quite intelligent indeed.

Senora   

Ahh, good-ol' Conspiracy theories. They can either be your best friend, or your worst enemy.

It doesnt surprise me to hear about Operation Northwood. Though it prides itself in being a moral authority, the US is not immune from corruption.

However, Kashafa, you raise an interesting point.

On the one hand, I'd like to believe that transparency issues wouldnt allow for such.

Yet, on the other hand, I could see 40-50 years from now de-classified information stating US's involvement in 9/11, or 'true motives' behing Iraq War.

Kashafa   

At long last, Proof positive from none other than a respectable professor of physics at Brigham Young U. Time to take your blinders off and get cured from tunnel vision, naysayer(s)

Put up

or

Shut up

Read the transcript/watch the interview, then holla.

Quotes from the transcript:

CARLSON: I want to read you a quote from the 'Deseret Morning News,' a paper in Utah, from you. I'm quoting now.

"It is quite plausible that explosives were pre-planted in all three buildings and set off after the two plane crashes, which are actually a diversion tactic. Muslims are probably not to blame for bringing down the World Trade Center buildings after all."

That's, I would think, pretty offensive to a lot of the people listening. Do you have any evidence for that?

JONES:
Well, not-not to the Muslims, I might say.
:D

CARLSON: Well, that's good.

JONES: I have a lot of e-mails.

CARLSON:
I'm sure your writings greeted with just glee in Islamabad, and Peshawar and places like that. But for Americans.
:D:D

JONES: Well, I haven't received notes from there, but just good people. I have Muslim friends. Let me read, for example, but I'm not going to let you off the hook. I really want to do this experiment with you.

CARLSON: We don't have a lot of time for experiments, Professor. But if you could just ... give us one thing to hold onto. How-you make these claims, or appear to make these claims ...

*highlights and emoticons mine.

Two things: Mad respect going out to Tucker Carlson for a) having the testicular fortitude to bring such a 'raving lunatic'on his show. b) actually contemplating the 'unthinkable' itself and trying to understand it.( read his blog for more). My real-o-meter is reading a perfect 10/10. A first for the bow-tied conservative demographic. His hood stripes are even more impressive when you find that he was consistently against Operation: Naked Aggression from the get-go.

Is this the beginning of the end of the 9/11 myth ? What will it take to convince the Big-Brother-said-so crowd ? A letter signed by the leading American scientists declaring it to be virtually impossible for the towers to collapse because of the impact and subsequent fires alone ? What about a leak, like the on-going Plame-gate scandal ? . Whatever the case, you can either get a rude awakening(OMG, no way, it can't be) or not be a gullible fool in the first place who accepts conventional wisdom without a second thought.

لعمرك ان الحق ابيض ناصح**ولكن حظ المعاند اسود

Muhammad   

I watched a presentation he gave at the University of Wisconsin-Madison.

there are alot of questions to be answered!

btw - the interview was brilliant! anybody watch it? did they air his footage? :D

Kashafa   

^^ You can watch the video of the interview by clicking on the Free Video on the right-hand side of the page.

Prof. did his homework and was about to flip the script on Tucker before time ran out.

Here's a link to the actual paper he presented, complete with graphics and sources.