Sign in to follow this  
sheherazade

Hair-raising topic

Indhoos   

Cool topic,

I find wearing good old malqabad or (malqamad) under my hijab keeps my hair in place.

My hair actually breaks when I go to bed without wearing a masar or malqamad.

One product that is working for me, as of now. is by Bioinfusion's olive oil deep conditioning treatment.

Looking forward to posts about products that help with hair growth.

Aaliyyah   

Bioinfusion's olive oil deep conditioning treatment.

In what way does it help your hair? am looking things that can speed up my hair growth? any suggestions.

btw it's malkhamad not malqamad. But, I call the small piece I wear under my hijaab masar...when I say malkhamad I usually think what older somali ladies wear under their gabisaar.

salaam

Indhoos   

Aaliyah,

It is a deep conditioning treatment, it just

moisturizes. It is applied after shampooing and left on for 40 min then rinsed. It makes my thick crazy hair managealbe.

Just like you, I am looking for something that helps with growth.

Btw, I thought it was ILYAR that the somali older ladies wore.

Baluug   

I have long hair so maybe I should participate in here :D

Washing your hair 3 times a week is too much? Then why am I washing my hair everyday?

Aaliyyah   

I think there is a genetic pre-disposition to hair length. Unless I made that right up. [big Grin]

Maybe you have a point there. But, two of my younger sisters have really long hair. But,I feel like each person has a specified length their hair reaches. My hair is at the tip of my shoulder, regardless of how many times I cut or how many supplements I take lol it never gets any longer..

Cadaan maybe that's why you have a long hair, cuz you wash it daily. I usually wash mine twice a week. I'll wash it every day and see if my hair grows loool

salaaam

Bess.   

If u guys are trying to grow ur hair try Prenatal vitamins the folic acid(vitamin B-9) is great for ur hair, nails and skin.

Nephissa   

Oh what a coincidence, I was watcing the Doctors show earlier, and they were talking about just that, the prenatal vitamins, it was said it does more harm to your body than good unless you're pregnant/trying to get pregnant.

How do you girls sleep masar on your hair @ night?? I can't keep anything on my head to save my life..

Aaliyyah   

Thanks Nephisa for your input. I'll be sure to stay away from it.

As for masar I only put it on at night if my hair is oily otherwise I don't.

I wear hijaab most of the day so like Lily said one needs to let their hair out for that few hrs.

salaam

Indhoos   

^^^ So then if you can take it when trying to conceive with, min side effects, and it is safe to take them when you are pregnant, how come they cannot be used when one is neither.

There are some other over the counter meds that they say helps nail/hair growth, but I am always a bit apprehensive of those.

can anyone recommend a good hairdresser in London- where there's no exposure to passers-by or is sensitive to a Hijabster's needs? Will only consider Somalis if they make appointments and KEEP them. No desire to spend an entire day in an assembly line of wash, b*tch, nafaqo, gossip, complain, jump queue(everyone but you), chicken n chips round(decline), cut, hold in pee & what u really think, sit with rollers(singe ears under dryer), curse, avoid preying eyes and Qs(MI5 iyo sigis) and finally stumble out with neck ache and a profound hatred for humanity.

Any recommendations? smile.gif