Sign in to follow this  
Somalicentric.

My new found obsession [Mali]

I have a new obsession with this country Mali, everything about it is riveting. My obsession started when I came across this movie

and I literally had Goosebumps. There aren't a lot of West African countries that intrigue me to the point of complete fixation, but this is truly an exception :D9urxxh.jpg2udwf4h.jpg15gpg1k.jpg263bmyo.jpgygpwo.jpg25aoieb.jpg

What a long link, you could have just easily tinypic.com'ed that sucka to make it easier, better yet more visible ;)

(You want us to work for it, i understand)

Timbuktu eh? care to explain...

Timbuktu is in Mali, and the famed city of knowledge.

Mali, what a country! The land of Mansa Musa and his illustrious ancestor Sundiata Keita founder of the Mali Empire.

Abwaan   

I can't see the pictures you posted right now Somalicentric, but I will hopefully see them later. Males is an amazing country. Never been there but I will one day insha Allaah. I love their music specially the Famous Ali Farka Toure and Oumou Sangare.

BOB   

Allah yaa ku geeya aad soo aragtide oo markuu habaas indhaha ku tiro ayaad soo carari laheyd! smile.gif

Bamako is the ONLY city I've been to where there were more goats than humans...believe me, the whole place seemed full of goats...everywhere I looked there were hundreds or even thousands of them...maybe because Eid Al-Adha was a month or so away when I visited the place...I can't think of any other excuse. :D

Polanyi...gabdhahooda waa la gudaa oo kan Soomalidaa million times la qaatay...iyagu waxoodu waa mutilation iyo nus....I'm just saying...hadhoow Refund la iska yeeli maayo ee taas niyada ku haay. :D

Peace, Love & Unity.

Abwaan-- evbdli.jpg

Oumou Sangare is incredible, i had this song for gods how long on my ipod and i never knew she was from Mali lol

Som@li-- I am starting to see a lot Mali fans, i wasn't expecting this.

Bob-- LOOOOOL @ the guditaan, wilka niyada haka jabin :D

BOB   

Wiilka runtaan u sheegayaa intuu hadhow dhihi lahaa BOB ayaa ogaa iimana uusan sheegin!

Peace, Love & Unity.

I am also a fan of the coutry. Beautiful people, vibrant culture and very strong Islamic country.

Timbuktu is a city I love to visit, hope will go there one day Insha'alah. In the North they have the nomadic Tuareg people who look exactly like the Somalis.

Only today I was watching Aljazeera's witness program about Mali - Family Code:

Its about government of Mali's proposal of men/women equality.

BOB   

Originally posted by Qandali:

very strong Islamic country.

Ar hadalkaas maad ka fiirsatid intay goor-goor tahay? redface.gif

You'd be disappointed...that much I know...Yes waa dad fiican laakiin diin waxba kama yaqaanaan...xittaa kuwooda tukanaya ee masaajidka aad ku arkeysid siday doonaan bay isaga tukadaan....in West Africa they practice different kind of Islam, one we've never seen or heard before and that's me being utterly polite.

You should've seen Senegal, Guinea (Conakry), Burkina Faso, Ivory Coast, Ghana, Togo and Nigeria then you might understand where I'm coming from.

in Ghana I've met a man who had a Christian wife and 5 kids, out of the five ONLY one was a Muslim by name and when I asked the father why is that, he just shrugged and said, they love their mother more....as casual as that.

Meesha West Africa la yiraahdo waa meel u baahan in diinta dib loo gaarsiiyaa oo la baraa from A-Z sababtoo ah dadkaan soo arkay waxey u badnaayeen dad diinta Islaamka ku dhex wada waxaanan loo kala garaneyn caadadii awoowyaashood iyo mid ay meelahaa dhexe kala yimaadeen.

Allah Knows Best.

Peace, Love & Unity.

Malika   

^Indeed,Allah knows best..teeni laa isku gawraceeyaa maa Islami sax miya?

Anyways, Allah knows best.

Mali was at one point the hub of Islamic learning/education - who is to blame - ofcourse the colonialists..heh

BOB   

You'e right Malika, Timbuktu was the Islamic learning centre in the entire sub-saharan Africa then the French came and slowly but surely they corrupted the natives with booze, pork and fornication.

in Senegal you'd hear the names of Amedou Bamba, Malick Sy and Ibrahima Fall more than you'd hear of Prophet Muhammad (p.b.u.h)...Shocking.

Peace, Love & Unity.

Peace, Love & Unity.