Sign in to follow this  
LANDER

Villas, Cars and 'Girls'. Somali Pirate Lifestyle

N.O.R.F   

Following this year's sharp increase in attacks at sea, the wealthy pirates have attained near-celebrity status in the area, building palatial beach villas and other buildings, cruising around town in expensive cars and marrying additional wives.

Living ghetto fab dhe :D

Jama Shino, another pirate, recently threw one of Garowe's most lavish weddings for years. Hundreds of guests attended as the 35-year-old father-of-two married his second wife.

"We don't fear the government. Girls here are not afraid of us. They love us because we have lots of money so they really want to marry us," Shino said with a grin.

Rodo Abdullahi, a 19-year-old who attended last week's party, said it was every local girl's dream to have such a grand wedding, But she said only pirates now had the funds to do it.

"If I marry a man who doesn't have enough money, he cannot organize such a big wedding," she told Reuters.

"That is why girls here prefer to be married to pirates."

The inevitable gold diggers :D

Oz   

These fools are the reason why other countries use somali shores as Dump.

nuune   

Gabdhahaaba iigu daran oo ka helo burcad badeeda, ceeb xataa maba ahan, waaba lagu faanaa aroosya khattar aa la dhiganaa, waaw

Originally posted by Oz:

These fools are the reason why other countries use somali shores as Dump.

these fools are also the reason why nobody wants to go next to somalia high seas anymore

Fabregas   

remindz me of biggy when he said:

i been robbin xxxxxxxxx since the slaveshipz

p.s. what kind of father would let his daughter marry a pirate?

p.s. what kind of father would let his daughter marry a pirate?

The pirate will be "wiil reer habel ah" not a pirate when he is asking the daughter/wife to be hand. Tell me the father(poor father in Somalia) who will refuse to marry off his daughter to "wiil reer hebel" with do$$ar? ;)

Principle has died long time ago my friend..And the few that still adhere to it, would easily succumb to the peer pressure from the "Tolka" add that to poverty and the rest is history.....

Ps: even in the west, you will see a known looser marrying a decent girl from a well respected family. Just because he is from Tolkaand the pressure of marry her off while she's young became the norm lately.