Sign in to follow this  
Dhagax-Tuur

HAFZA programme, any of you heard of it?

I wonder how much of you guys heard about this, but it seems to be exciting if it is ever delivered. The notion is turning some part of Somalia into a free trade area, a little Dubai. A little tax heaven. And they even produced some models of the place. Have a look @www.hafza.com.

Btw, the letters HAFZA stand for Horn of Africa Free Zone Authority.

Nailah   

I suspect the deal to be fraudulent. Shame on anyone who would stoop so low as to sign a 99 year deal with foreigners!

They are beginning to claim Hafun peninsula aswell. How dare they! :mad: For those of you not familiar with Somalia's history, Hafun was known as Opone during the 1st century and was known to be an ancient trade center for cinnamon, tortoiseshell etc. It's bad enough the Americans stripped the area of all artifacts, and now we have to put up with HAFZA? Ah that just makes my blood boil :mad:

ElPunto   

I've heard the whole thing is a fraud - not quite sure - as Somalis are full of gossip and innuendo. Puntland generally a free trade zone - to my knowledge there is nothing you can't import or export through the small ports and on which you will get taxed on. If they did make a deal - I hope they extracted a sufficiently reasonable price - but then it probably will go to the pockets of crooks. SIGH! Oh, for a decent and responsible leadership!

Based on the information I read the whole deal

is illegely traded and There is great concern

and unanswered questions about the deal.

The whole thing needs to be reviewed. The deal

has to be signed by the central goverment.

Any companies putting in money onto this, doing a

gambling!

Allamagan

Here is a letter I received from them yesteday(July 4):

When peace has come to Somalia and it is safe enough for workers to commit to the building of fixed assets, HAFZA can commence. See a current link below. Hopefully, it won’t be too long.

http://www.alertnet.org/thenews/newsdesk/L04360810.htm

Thanks for your interest.

Regards

HAFZA Administration

LOL@ the word, "freetrade". :D

Saxiibyaal, Somalia is so free that if I chose to, I could trade in human flesh, let alone any other commodity. :D

So this HAFSA has got to be a joke.