Sign in to follow this  
Tahliil

nuclear waste and other toxic waste dumped on Somalia's coast,

Its indeed a very sad reality we witness today as the destruction of our country unfolds. O Allah, destroy them as they mean to destroy us. Aamiin.

The worst problem that has fallen on our people is that our youth became passive and grown with ignorance. We need to overcome the passive state of the mind.

Pacifist   

Alle Ubaahne instead of pointing fingers exactly what we somali people are good at why don't you yourself start the revolution. Don't just do the talk act on it. Lets see the action. YOu get my flow.

this crazy, is like we dont give a damn no more, i mean if this doesnt unite us i dont wha will, somalis need to wake up, we have to understand we need a leadership and follow it instead of conspiring against it i mean the prophet peace be upon him said when you have 3 people elect one as ur leader, what does this tell u. instead of sittin on our azzes i suggest we go back n take over n start valvet revolution wit ideals n good will to get things, i mean we have to really understand n convince those back home its time fo real change not shuffling of evils around.

shyhem   

What makes you guys think we can change how pple in Somalia think.As sad as this things are,pple currently living in Somalia are responsible of all that happens in their neighbourhood.

The tribal leaders and the fishermen were busy selling Somalia as a dumping ground to the Italian Mafia for a few hundred dollars.

The average citizen of somalia,is busy contributing in the destruction of their ancestoral lands.People are cutting down 200 hundred yrs old Acacia trees just to sell them as charcoal to the Arabs for pennies.

I'm not a pessimist,certainly i'm not optimistic about people in Somalia changing for the good.They have along long way to go.

Haddad   

Originally posted by Shyhem:

People are cutting down 200 hundred yrs old Acacia trees just to sell them as charcoal to the Arabs for pennies.

The article of the link is about dumping radioactive chemicals, heavy metals, medical waste; I don't see what Acacia trees got to do with the article. Maybe, you need vision correction.

The average citizen of somalia has little to do with the destruction of their ancestoral lands; it's the warlords who are responsible for that. The average citizen of somalia is trying hard to meet the ends. Your reasoning and thinking is flawed and misplaced.

shyhem   

The article of the link is about dumping radioactive chemicals, heavy metals, medical waste; I don't see what Acacia trees got to do with the article. Maybe, you need vision correction.

Dude have you ever heard of something called destruction of the enviroment by man-made activities.Don't make me give u a lecture on Ecology 101.

The average citizen of somalia has little to do with the destruction of their ancestoral lands; it's the warlords who are responsible for that.

Yeah right! And where do the warlords get folks who finance,defend and fight for their causes.The average person in Somalia is not as innocent as you may think.

Your reasoning and thinking is flawed and misplaced.

Your comments are based on assumption and its time you put the facts before the hate.Obviously u need someone to drill sense into u'r medulla Oblangata.

yes its true that those on top are a reflection of state of the avarage persons in our midst, but who said anythang about leaving it up to them, i mean we are fortunate enough to get post secondary education most of us on this forum, so i suggest we put that into good use, if we are not ready to sacrifice to comforst n security that life in da west offers for improvin the situaion in somalia i dont who will, the un, african nations, i dont think so,

somalia needs young martyrs and brave foot soldiers who r willing to lay down the ground work for future generations to build on.

hopelessness is from shaytan, always have faith in Allah swt.

juba   

Originally posted by Vanquish_V12:

somalia needs young martyrs ]

killing of our youth is not a good idea :rolleyes:

Tahliil   

It is obvious to me that we all share and feel the same pain and sadness that befell on our homeland...be either the waste dumped on our shores or destroying the forest or allowing ruthless foriegn companies to fish in our waters.. Hopelessness and anger; misery and misfortune; shock and dismay; that seems to b our constant companion following us around everywhere like the afternoon shadow but how much of these can we take and can ordinary pple endure and live with???

I heard people have started to feel the heat of the nuclear waste..Women men and children are already affected and taken to Hospitals for treatment.

If infact this is the case...in Xamar and the sorrounding..Then it means our people will be extinct in some years to come..which is worth worrying...Remember the japanese..Hiroshima bomb.. :mad:

BOB   

What bothers me most is that we SOMALIS expect the rest of the world to come and clear the mess we created all by ourselves for ourselves.

Guys, let's not waste our time waiting on US or AU to do something, we the YOUTH of Somalia should do something because these greedy old men that run around with sick lies and false ancestry stories would at the end sell the whole country if we don’t do something and I mean NOW.

I know you want to know what I have in mind and before you jump the gun, just let me finish and reveal what my plan is and no I am not calling for a war because our people don't need no war but an ever lasting peace and what I have in mind is simple really, let's come together and share and exchange ideas and if you need a motivation look no further than our own heroes in SYL and besides if SYL could do it with 13 guys who's to say we can't do it with our thousands because let's face it we all want this senseless war to end sooner rather than later but we don't know how to go about it or we fail simply because an ignorant and illiterate old jerk is too greedy and proud to put the interest of mother Somalia before his own.

call me a dreamer but remember some of the greatest inventors the world has ever known began their conquest with a simple DREAM.

I also know it takes more than a cheap talk to achieve that but personally I am willing to do whatever it takes and no it's not my ego speaking, come on , give me more credit than that and I am not naïve enough to think we can sweet talk our way to peace and prosperity but i am all ears so let's hear your idea my dear Somali Brother/Sister.

Peace, Love & Unity.