Sign in to follow this  
QUANTUM LEAP

The Art Of How To Dress

Paragon   

^^^ Leave the guy alone, i think inuu ka wado .. the symbols of somali marriage's must do'es... The Husband wears the macawuus while the Wife wears the uunsi, and for the house - ah! such a serene scent it is! I should suggest: Man is to Macawuus, as Woman is to Dirac.

Proverb: Naag, meel aysan ka uunsan jirin hadeey ka uunsato, meel aysan ka guban jirin bey ka gubataa

FARIID   

For Baashi and other macawis enthusiasts, i have a sugestion.

cut the macawis and take it down to your local tailors, you would be surprised what fine shirt it will make. My friend tried and his mates were running around the high street looking for the trendy store that he bought it from. Not only that but you can make anything from it (garan,pyjama,boxers e.t.c).

Don't be surprised if there is a macawis summer wear being unveiled on a catwalk near you!

Baashi   

Fariid, Hawian shirts r available for bargain. Macawis is a rare n u won't find it ur near mall.

Originally posted by J11:

Man is to Macawuus, as Woman is to Dirac.

Proverb:
Naag, meel aysan ka uunsan jirin hadeey ka uunsato, meel aysan ka guban jirin bey ka gubataa

looooooooooooooooooooooool this is something...hang on!...let me get my note and record this for the ciyaalka xaafada...I know I will ahve some explanation to do but it is worth the time.

Salaam to all,

Baahsi,a correction. Macawis iyo 'siping your tea/coffee at sturbacks' don't go together. Simple of western capitalism and somali tradition....sharka-cawdi-billah. Should have been more like siping your tea/coffee at the local somali cafeteria and having a friendly and loud convo with your fellas. as graphic as that!lol.

Btw, i'm really glad someone brought up this topic. Why? I will tell you. We're living in a very strange times, to say the least and we, as muslims, are living within a society that knows no boundaries. Having said that, the dress code during the summer is really MAD. And these days, girls/women are blurring the borders of decency by dressing increadibly tasteless ways, at least to me (most of the times!). What i'm aiming at is the craze of showing your thong/knickers on your back, and sometimes your a*se crack. You would say that aint for somalis or muslim girls a way to dress, but I witnessed and funnily enuff, i wasn't taken aback. I looked once (i assure you!) and away. Just the thought of that girl being a fellow somali passed thru my mind for a few seconds. Nothing else. My question is....Has this way of dressing become acceptable or are we experiencing a change, subconciously? What I need to add here is that I saw a gent, a middle-aged somali man, whom the young lady was speaking to dressed in such a way. I thought to myself, could that be her father, a close relative? And why wouldn't he want to do something about the situation? Why is he blissfully speaking to her dressed in such a manner? And the thought went away. May be because we have changed beyond Somali-ness! Guess it is LIFE IN THE QURBE-ha.

Baashi   

Wlc back sxb Mr. I or Aniga,

Where I'm at there is no Somali business. Even if there were biibito in my neck of the woods I doubt I would have stopped goin to my fav Barnes n Noble Starbucks. Here is why: u have books, magazines, n newspapers all there to read for free while sitting on Sofa. In the winter you got the fireplace all lit up for ur comfort (at least at Eden Prairie, MN where I come to appreciate their services) There are plenty of choices at this place.

Now get don't me wrong I understand ur point and I think it is a good idea to support Somali business. But I gotta tell you they got long way to go and they will learn what it takes to be successful business on their own - market being the cruel teacher it has always been. I work my behind off to earn my dollars and if they want to earn it from me they better serve me well and that entails working hard to meet and satidfy ur customers.

Salaam,

Good to see you, fella. Got your point. Don't you worry about the somali biz tho. They will get there. There are businesses trying very hard to improve the image and the service, even tho, they're very few.

Bashi - You got that right bro.....I wanna invite you to ma joint so we can do some macawis fashion by offering all the customers free coffee and ofcouse macawiis in the name of Somali Art and fashion.

cover_small.gifsocsadance3.jpg

KATEEG KUJIRTAY

About time we encouraged whats good and unknown about us and noto to forget the qaulity in service too.

Juxa   

j11,,,,,,,,nabee maahmaahdaas waa jeebkaada, alaha kaa cafiyo.

QL. invite me for the happy event, nin aan macawis xeran, ufaa caleek. maba iga dagayo

heelada inoo tuma(thinkin where to get dharka hidaha)