Sign in to follow this  
Alpha Blondy

Do you think its too bourgeois to get a maid?

Don't get one, it will make you too lazy and too arrogant. Plus you need to do some manual house work to keep you active and healthy.

If you have money, sadaqayso - meaning contribute it towards charity or participate in constructing a mosque or any other good paths.

Blessed   

Who cares how it looks, haday shaqadu kaa badatay aanay kuu gaadhay, delegate.

Laaakin, adigu don't get one, you sound a bit bakhayl. Going rate differs from place to place la soco.

Malika   

^Waa Qurbo koriis dhee,bakhaylnimada is part of it..Lol

£15-20 pounds a month is too much?? It takes ages to cook lunch back home,iska baa daa washing clothes with your bare hands,cleaning the house - without all the mode cons in Europe - one got to bend down to mop that floor etc..

Now try for a day and think if £15 a MONTH is too much!

Ok... so let me get this right.... everybody is speculating on my personal business. yet, non of you know anything about me.

malika ---- stop trying to compare the value of money here to your lofty suburban cul-de-sac! because i can tell you that $5 dollars here can keep a family fed for like two days. i am trying to create local jobs for local people here, so please see the real basis for my intentions before attacking my motives.

Originally posted by Qandalawi:

If you have money, sadaqayso - meaning contribute it towards charity or participate in constructing a mosque or any other good paths.

this just creates dependence and a poor work ethos. i would rather give money to those who want to work.

Aaliyyah   

^If you are trying to create local jobs for local people then by all means go for it. After all it is win win situation. But, personally I could not even imagine allowing someone else do my chores or anything else for that matter (cidnaba gurigeyga kuma aminen lol) bt then again if it is for noble reason as to create a job then go for it at the end of the day it is about your intentions..

salaam

Saalax   

I had one once in Bosaso. Maids are useful and all you had to pay was 25-30 dollars a month and they cook good food & clean the house well while looking after it when your away at times (depending on their experience). Just make sure you don't hire a criminal one though.

Aaliyyah   

^^criminal did you say??...exactly my point when i said above cidna gurigayga kuma amineen. Aduunka hada la joogo isku haleen ma leh..too many crazy people out there. If I wanted to help someone I will give sum money to the mosque or a school or something lol...xagaa iga jooga DON'T ENTER my house smile.gif . waxaaba ka daran if you have kids and they steal your kids for ransom or something believe me I am too paranoid to even trust a maid *or maybe I watch too many horror movies lol..I dont know..

salaam

Blessed   

^LOL. It's just because you don't live in a society with a maid culture. Hadaad Somalia and Arabaha tagtid waad yara dabci lahayd. :D

Originally posted by Qandalawi:

Don't get one, it will make you too lazy and too arrogant. Plus you need to do some manual house work to keep you active and healthy.

Myth, myth, myth. Maids help out, they don't take over-- usually! Adoo shaqaale haystana waad sadaqaysan kartaa, qalbi ka faqiir hanagu noqon dee..

Saalax   

Aaliyyah @LOL ransom they are not pirates. People backhome are not paranoid about Maids they consider it normal and they are picky so they know who they are hiring. Guriigana waxbana kama xaadi karto if all the valueable things are locked in a store while taking the kids with you or dropping them off to a relatives house which is more safe while your away.

Aaliyyah   

Blessed lol maya taas wa diday meshaan joogo kuma xidhna anu maba ku amini karo qofkale caruurteeda ama gurigayga...

Libaahe I don't think anyone knows who they are hiring. How abt that story I posted in Sol the other day where a lady's daughter was stolen by her neighbor (one would expect to know their neighbor of plus 20 years). For the love of god who can you trust if not your neighbor ...word of advice if you are on your own hire any maid you want to clean that house even then I dont know she could murder you any day looool...but at least make sure you dnt have kids loool I wouldnt want innocent kids suffering in the hands of weirdos loooool..

Edit - just seen where you said one should drop their kids at a relatives house..saas baa fiican...sax lol...

salaam

Saalax   

Aaliyyah. Cut the Mother Teresa act. I think you should worry about your kids only not daadka kale. ;) i don't get people who seem very concerned & paranoid about other people's children that is their life let them deal with it. As for the maid mudering me in my own house anything is possible those days which is why ( there is always a gun in the house incase something happens especially a city like Bosaso which is prone to thiefs at night.