The three-picture collage includes:

at left, President-elect Barack Obama

at the Wailing Wall in Jerusalem; at

center, a file image of Zawahri, and

at right a black and white photo of

Malcom X.

CBS.COM Wesite

Al Qaeda: Don't Be Fooled By Obama.

Bin Laden Deputy Warns Muslims In New Audio Tape That U.S. Is "Still Full Of Hate ... Drowning In Greed"

l Qaeda has released its first detailed response to the election of Barack Obama. In an audio tape posted on jihadi Web forums Wednesday, Osama bin Laden's deputy, Ayman Zawahri, admonishes Muslims to keep up the fight against America, a country which he claims "is still full of hate."

The terror group's media wing, as-Sahabm, released the 11-minute audio featuring a statement by Zawahiri titled, “The Departure of Bush and the Advent of Obama.”

Zawahri began his remarks by congratulating Muslims on the election of Obama, describing it as, "the American people’s admission of defeat in Iraq,” noting that the American people had voted for the candidate who wanted to withdraw U.S. troops from Iraq.

He then addresses president-elect directly, warning him that President Bush was leaving a legacy of “failure and crimes” in his wake.

Zawahiri tells Obama that his plan to re-concentrate military efforts in Afghanistan is doomed to failure. He warns the new leader that by doing so, not only will his forces be defeated, but he himself will be met by the same fate as Mr. Bush and former Pakistani President Pervez Musharraf - both of whom arguably saw their popularity wither thanks to their respective actions in the U.S.-led war on terror.

“It appears that you don’t know anything about the Muslim Ummah (nation) and its history, or the fate of the traitors who cooperated with the invaders against it, and don’t know anything about the history of Afghanistan and its free and defiant Muslim people. And if you still want to be stubborn about America’s failure in Afghanistan, then remember the fate of Bush and Pervez Musharraf, and the fate of the Soviets and British before them,” Zawahri says in the audio.

Bin Laden's deputy labels Obama another president who has chosen a stance of hostility against Islam and Muslims. He said Obama had "abandoned his Muslim faith," and set up a direct comparison between the president-elect and Malcom X, “who prided himself on his fraternity with the Muslims… You represent the direct opposite of honorable black Americans like Malik al-Shabazz, or Malcolm X, may Allah have mercy on him.”

Despite having been schooled briefly at an Islamic school while living in Indonesia as a child, Obama has never been a practicing Muslim.

Zawahiri warned Obama that America's fight is not against a small group or organization, but rather an Islamic Jihadi awakening spread all over the world.

The third part of Zawahiri’s statement was aimed at Muslims worldwide. He advises them that Obama’s election does not change what al Qaeda has for years sold as America’s hostile stance towards Islam, and therefore Muslims still have a duty to continue “causing harm” to the U.S.

“America’s criminal, expansionist crusader project in your lands has only been neutralized by the sacrifices of your sons, the Mujahideen,” Zawahiri says to Muslims.

He then addresses the Islamic militants around the world, with special attention paid to those in Iraq. He congratulates them on their work, and urges them to keep up the fight. He speaks to the leader of al Qaeda in Iraq, Abu Omar al-Baghdadi, warning him of "conspiracies and betrayals" that may take place during the coming period, as the U.S. begins a serious withdrawal from Iraq.

Prior to Zawahri's audio release Wednesday, a far-less-specific message from al-Baghdadi, which failed to mention Obama, had been the only post-election message from al Qaeda.

Zawahri also addressed “the world’s weak and oppressed.” He told them not to be fooled into thinking that Obama's election may bring the change they’ve been longing for. Despite the new leadership, “America’s heart is still full of hate, its mind drowning in greed, and its spirit still spreading evil, murder, repression and despotism, as always,” he said.

The al Qaeda deputy concluded with a message to the American people, saying they had two choices; to accept the “defeat and losses caused by America’s policies," or take Osama bin Laden’s offer and “withdraw from the lands of the Muslims and refrain from stealing their treasures and interfering in their affairs.”

The tape was most likely recorded during the week of Nov. 3, 2008, shortly after the result of the U.S. election was announced. Zawahiri referred to a U.S. airstrike that killed 37 people in Kandahar, Afghanistan on Nov. 3, saying it took place “last Monday.”

Zawahiri’s speech was played over a collage of three pictures: at center, Zawahri dressed in traditional Arab white robes and turban (this image is from his third taped interview for as-Sahab); at right, a black and white picture of Malcom X; and at left, a picture of Obama at the Wailing Wall in Jerusalem, wearing a traditional Jewish skullcap.

As long as Zawahri is chatting sh1t, he aint blowing stuff up. So let the racist arab cow rant on. I'm sure Barack just shrugged it off. I know I would have...

dhulQarnayn :cool:

Republic Of California

P.S

The irony of that Malcolm X clip is that, if Obama grew a short beard and wore the same type of glasses, he'd look just like MX. :D:D

STOIC   

First off, I'll love to tell that bigoted beardy eye bigot that he can't affect Obama's heart and mind with a few headline grabbing words! And I'll be happy to tell his Arabic behind that no words could describe fully the experience and joy felt by people around the world when Obama was elected! Don't worry about Obama he already detest your bushy self.Obama with great skills operated smoothly within the framework of his "masters" and he came out with a key to the Oval office.FYI Obama's election testifies to the fruits of the civil right leaders struggle! Now with a flick of a pen a caabiid like Obama can send a Fighter jet to your manhole! NOw how about that for a black man to create a discomfort in your life ? Sorry if you can't grope to make some sense out of his election.Wait for your turn when we will pamper your likes with the shared vision of all men are created equal!

Here is Al-Qeida's full message as it was translated from Arabic.

In the Name of Allah, and all Praise is due to Allah, and Prayers and Peace on the Messenger of Allah and on his family, Companions and allies.

Muslim brothers everywhere: Peace be upon you and the Mercy of Allah and His blessings. As for what comes after:

Barack Obama has won the presidency of the United States of America, and on this occasion, I would like to send several messages.

First, a message of congratulations to the Muslim Ummah on the American people's admission of defeat in Iraq. Although the evidence of America's defeat in Iraq appeared years ago, Bush and his administration continued to be stubborn and deny the brilliant midday sun. If Bush has achieved anything, it is in his transfer of America's disaster and predicament to his successor. But the American people, by electing Obama, declared its anxiety and apprehension about the future towards which the policy of the likes of Bush is leading it, and so it decided to support someone calling for withdrawal from Iraq.

The second of these messages is to the new president of the United States. I tell him: you have reached the position of president, and a heavy legacy of failure and crimes awaits you. A failure in Iraq to which you have admitted, and a failure in Afghanistan to which the commanders of your army have admitted. The other thing to which I want to bring your attention is that what you've announced about how you're going to reach an understanding with Iran and pull your troops out of Iraq to send them to Afghanistan is a policy which was destined for failure before it was born. It appears that you don't know anything about the Muslim Ummah and its history, and the fate of the traitors who cooperated with the invaders against it, and don't know anything about the history of Afghanistan and its free and defiant Muslim people. And if you still want to be stubborn about America's failure in Afghanistan, then remember the fate of Bush and Pervez Musharraf, and the fate of the Soviets and British before them. And be aware that the dogs of Afghanistan have found the flesh of your soldiers to be delicious, so send thousands after thousands to them.

As for the crimes of America which await you, it appears that you continue to be captive to the same criminal American mentality towards the world and towards the Muslims. The Muslim Ummah received with extreme bitterness your hypocritical statements to and stances towards Israel, which confirmed to the Ummah that you have chosen a stance of hostility to Islam and Muslims.

You represent the direct opposite of honorable black Americans like Malik al-Shabazz, or Malcolm X (may Allah have mercy on him). You were born to a Muslim father, but you chose to stand in the ranks of the enemies of the Muslims, and pray the prayer of the Jews, although you claim to be Christian, in order to climb the rungs of leadership in America. And so you promised to back Israel, and you threatened to strike the tribal regions in Pakistan, and to send thousands more troops to Afghanistan, in order for the crimes of the American Crusade in it to continue. And last Monday, your aircraft killed 40 Afghan Muslims at a wedding party in Kandahar. As for Malik al-Shabazz (may Allah have mercy on him), he was born to a black pastor killed by white bigots, but Allah favored him with guidance to Islam, and so he prided himself on his fraternity with the Muslims, and he condemned the crimes of the Crusader West against the weak and oppressed, and he declared his support for peoples resisting American occupation, and he spoke about the worldwide revolution against the Western power structure.

That's why it wasn't strange that Malik al-Shabazz (may Allah have mercy on him) was killed, while you have climbed the rungs of the presidency to take over the leadership of the greatest criminal force in the history of mankind and the leadership of the most violent Crusade ever against the Muslims.

And in you and in Colin Powell, Rice and your likes, the words of Malcolm X (may Allah have mercy on him) concerning "House Negroes" are confirmed.

You also must appreciate, as you take over the presidency of America during its Crusade against Islam and Muslims, that you are neither facing individuals nor organizations, but are facing a Jihadi awakening and renaissance which is shaking the pillars of the entire Islamic world; and this is the fact which you and your government and country refuse to recognize and pretend not to see.

As for the third message, it is to the Muslim Ummah. I tell it: America, the criminal, trespassing Crusader, continues to be the same as ever, so we must continue to harm it, in order for it to come to its senses, because its criminal, expansionist Crusader project in your lands has only been neutralized by the sacrifices of your sons, the Mujahideen. This, then, is the path, so stick to it.

As for the fourth message, it is to the lions of Islam, the Mujahideen. I tell them: may Allah reward you in the best way for your historic heroics, which have ruined America's plans and rendered its projects ineffective. So be firm and resolute. Your enemy's stagger has begun, so don't stop hitting him.

And I say to my brothers the Mujahideen in Iraq in general and the Islamic State of Iraq in particular, and to its Amir, the towering mountain Abu 'Umar al-Baghdadi: your enemy has admitted defeat, and the forthcoming stage is expected to be dominated by conspiracies and betrayals in order to cover the American withdrawal, so you must persevere, for victory is in an hour of perseverance.

And I tell my brothers, the lions of Islam in Somalia: rejoice in victory and conquest. America is gathering its wounds in Iraq, and Ethiopia is looking for a way out, and for this reason, the stage of conspiracies and machinations has begun. So hold tightly to the truth for which you have given your lives, and don't put down your weapons before the Mujahid state of Islam and Tawheed has been set up in Somalia.

And I tell all Mujahideen everywhere: the Hubal of the age has begun to falter and recede, and Allah has granted you success and honored you by making you the most important cause of that, so be resolute on the path of Jihad until you meet your Lord while He is pleased with you.

And my fifth message is to all the world's weak and oppressed. I tell them: America has put on a new face, but its heart full of hate, mind drowning in greed, and spirit which spreads evil, murder, repression and despotism continue to be the same as always. And the Mujahideen of Islam, by the grace of Allah, continue to be the spearhead of the resistance against it to restrain it from injustice, aggression and arrogance.

As for my final message, it is to the American people. I tell it: you incurred defeat and losses from the foolish actions of Bush and his gang, and at the same time, Shaykh Usama bin Ladin (may Allah preserve him) sent you a message to withdraw from the lands of the Muslims and refrain from stealing their treasures and interfering in their affairs. So choose for yourself whatever you like, and bear the consequences of your choice, and as you judge, you will be judged.

And our final prayer is that all praise is due to Allah, Lord of the Worlds, and may Allah send prayers and peace on our Master Muhammad and his family and Companions.

"And in you and in Colin Powell, Rice and your likes, the words of Malcolm X (may Allah have mercy on him) concerning "House Negroes" are confirmed."

hmm, it seems he was just quoting malcolm X, I don't think that makes him a racist. This is being blow out of proportion.

me   

Malcolm X rocks

The Ballot or the Bullet

Mr. X said the ballot or the bullet and Obama got it through the ballot. So how is Obama betraying Malcolm's legacy?

Mr. Caveman is angry that Obama is an inspirational leader that can get America on the right path to fulfill it's destiny. We all believe in the American dream, let's hope that Obama makes this dream possible for the whole world. The American dream is the ideal, every country strives to be like America if not better. Even Mr. Caveman dreams to be in America and drink Coca Cola and take a giant bite of a juicy Big Mac.

Let's hope that Obama can truly earn to be the leader of the World. Let's hope that he doesn't sell out. Let's hope that he can be the one to free the oppressed. Let's hope that he is the one that makes this world a more just place, were the rule of law prevails.

In the battle of good versus evil, it is the human’s that decide and depending on the moral courage of human beings good or evil will triumph. Let’s hope that the good triumph whatever side they may be on.

Obama is as much the heir of Malcolm as he is the heir of Martin.

Kamaavi   

The obama adnibistration is going to have a hard time in the middle east. They will be fighting all over the region from the time their term begins until it ends.

Jeesto~

me   

What makes you say that?

And whats better for the world and for Somalia? a strong America or a weak America?

Kamaavi   

Any thinking person understood that there was not going to be any real change.

The idea of 'change' was nothing more than a campaign flourish and I must say a very effective one.

Obama's past record indicates he is pretty much your standard left of center liberal. There is certanily nothing new about that or anything that would imply that "change" was a possibility.

In fact, as was implied above the concept of "change" was never even defined and certanily was not pushed by the media.

Jeesto~