Sign in to follow this  
Deeq A.

A Somali Mother Vows to Bring Up an Abandoned Child

Deeq A.   

Mogadishu (PP News Desk) — A Somali mother, who found an abandoned child by her house in Mogadishu, had vowed to bring up the child along with her four children if no one comes along to claim parenthood of the child.

I heard a child crying outside my house. When I went outside to have a look, I stumbled on a child crying by the wall of my house. There was a carrier bag by the child” said the Somali woman.

20200919_193357.jpg?resize=1000%2C512&ssKindness: The Somali woman with the abandoned child.

She said that she had shared the news of the abandoned child with neighbours who helped her to go the police station, where the case of the abandoned child was recorded in the occurrences book.

I think the abandoned boy is about ten months old. I am the mother of four children. My husband and I agreed to bring up the child if his parents do not show up to take care of him” said the woman.

Children abandoned in Mogadishu streets are barely ten days old. Given how well-looked after the abandoned boy looks some locals believe the boy had been stolen from his parents and left in a busy Mogadishu street for fear the police may arrest culprits.

© Puntland Post, 2020

The post A Somali Mother Vows to Bring Up an Abandoned Child appeared first on Puntland Post.

Sign in to follow this