Sign in to follow this  
Baluug

Children

Baluug   

Dishes, my keyboard, my modem, countless DVD's, CD's, and God knows what else..........

These are part of a rapidly growing list of items that my 3 year old daughter Layla and 1 1/2 year old daughter Amina have broken. Either from climbing up to places they shouldn't, spilling drinks on things that don't necessarily mix well with liquids(read:my keyboard), dropping them, you name it, my kids have probably done it!!

You know what's the worst part? The cute little look on their faces after they've done it that forces me to do nothing about it!! Such cute little monsters.....er, darlings! Yeah, that's it......

So, can anyone add to the list? Got kids, or a little brother or sister, or neighbour that's destroyed your stuff? Let's hear about it!!

Oh! Your too soft. I recommend you beat your children.

My little sister and brother have broken our hallway closet(smashing against it as they played tag inside the house :rolleyes: ), the lights while playing hockey or volleyball, and the railing in the shower - hanging from it like monkeys. :mad:

Pucca   

list:

-new speakers (i'd just gotten them two weeks ago...and now one wouldn't even think they used to be speakers)

-my phone ( :mad: i was too ticked to even beat his sorry backside...argh! i guess 'experimenting' whether the phone would go "shuuuughhh" *his words* was far too important)

-CPU (recently given to me, but i never got around to installing anything or even taking it out of the box...its no good now since the kids thought it would be 'cool' to see how 'fat' they were and if they could actualy 'crush' the computer by sitting on it and then jumping on the darn thing)

- my glasses ( "oops, i thought you were going to catch that...")

-contact solution ("oh cool, it bubbles..." they finished it and i ended up rushing to the drug store...15 min before midnight)

-my anatomy text book ("we was just coloring the pictures" :mad: they're colored already!)

:mad: i'm gettin angry just remembering this stuff...

Castro   

LOL. As long as they're not hurt in the process, I don't worry too much about anything my girls break. Except my powerbook. I can probably get used to them breaking anything but not my laptop. There's no use explaining to a 2-3 year why breaking things is bad. It's like talking to a 3-foot high wall that speaks Somanglish. :D

Khayr   

Originally posted by Pucca:

-CPU (recently given to me, but i never got around to installing anything or even taking it out of the box...its no good now since the kids thought it would be 'cool' to see how 'fat' they were and if they could actualy 'crush' the computer by sitting on it and then jumping on the darn thing)

stuff...

:D:D:D

Kids make the calmest of people Raise their Voice. Little shayateeeeen-at times! :rolleyes:

Sayyid   

Jibis, the best thing is not to beat them up but to use a little bit of psychology!

A three or one year old won't understand if you say 'Don't break it', they like best the things that the 'adults' hide from them!

Everyone has a curious mind and if I were to tell you 'don't do this or that', then surely you'd like to try it out one day, although you've been warned.

It's the same with the teenager's, who are 'bound' to committ the same mistakes as their parents like if the parents want to tell them don't do that, they won't listen until they experience it for themselves.

let me relate this short story to you:

I was once told by a somali man, that his daughter broke his 'favourite' cup of tea or glass I believe it was, before getting angry and emotional in a human way he thought to himself 'how can I best make her understand' what she did was wrong, so that she won't repeat it in the future!

He looked at the girl not angry and said: 'Oh, my Daughter do you know that what you did was wrong! If you do that 'again' we will all be thirsty because no 'glasses' would be left anymore for us to drink from!

It suddenly clicked with the girl and she never ever broke a cup of tea/glass again in fact she has become a guardian, who tells the people off by screaming "Don't break that cup of tea/glass because if you do we won't be left with any glasses to drink from anymore and we would have to be thirsty!

This sort of mind plays are specially useful to little children, but don't exaggerate and tell them 'lies' because that is forbidden in Islam, you can not lie to a small child!

Soomaali maxee children u taqanaa? Ciyaal. Soomaali maxee play iyo game ugu wacdaa? Ciyaar.

There is very, very little difference between those words -- both linguistically and semantically.

Ciyaal ciyaar ayee ku nool yihiin, intee ka qaangaarayaan.

Mowgli   

I've probably gone thru 6 glasses in 2 years because of my little siblings/cousins/etc...Last time I was at home I woke up to my lil cousin (2yrs old) playing with my glasses, by then I could already see that all hope was gone, I didn't say anything, when he found me looking at him he jumped and just ran away lol, the exprression on his face was priceless! I've come to accept it as a way of life. Computers, keyboards, it's all good, as long as something can be replaced. The only time i've been upset was when my cousins broke *whilst they were fighting over it* a lil trinket my grandfather (passed away) had given me when I was 4yrs...that made me :( But usually it's just funny.

Blessed   

Ah, the joy of parenthood. My baby is such a little darling, no trouble at all, she sleeps a good part of the day (20 out of 24). :D

The person that caused most damage to my goods is my 16 year old brother. My computer was broken so many times that I've lost count. He’s also attacked and mercilessly killed my CD player, Hi Fi and a countless other things. I'm glad that I don't live with him no more.

My niece (3 yrs) loves makeup and has messed up a few compact powders and lipsticks, ruining walls and bed sheets in the process. I never get mad with her, she’s too adorable (especially when she tries to cover up and act all innocent). Then there's our (another niece) very own Beckham who through endless footballing accidents has learnt that the living room isn't the right place to bend it :D

Can’t wait till my baby turns into a little scalawag, :D I love that about kids but not teens, obviously. :rolleyes:

Well Jibis dont worry man i know how you feel

My daughter has a tendancy to gather things and keep them safe ,so i dont usually get much trouble with her but my son! Ya ALLAH!

When he was a year old he started playing with the TV...suffice to say he broke it.I bought a new one,stupidly i bought a more expensive and bigger one.He decided the on/off button was such a good playing feature and in less than two months the TV wasnt working.I returned it for repair and he also broke the temporary replacement for that one.The one i sent off for repair came back and unfortunately it had one of those thin plastic type screens and he decided to use it as a punchbag and soon enough it had dents.I gave up on buying TV's since then

As he grew older he lost his fascination with the TV

he started on my computer and in the last two years i have replaced it three times

Four months ago he graduated from the equipment bashing university but not before he had completely destroyed the hi-fi system and when i asked him why he did it he said " well dad on the TV i can see the people who are talking but i figured the people in the Hi-fi system are so small i can use them as toys so i was looking for them"

As you can imagine far from doing anything i bust out laughing and forgave him

I trained my little almost-five-year-old cousin to break anything he wants, as long as it's not my stuff.

When he was three, we would go into one of my sister's rooms and I would shout 'rikaax qolka, rikaax' and he would sprint around the room screeching with laughter as he throws stuff off the dresser and bed and smashes anything he gets his little hands on. And then we would go downstairs calmly and have a cup of tea for me and warm caano for him and wait for the 'rikaax' victim to show up screaming or crying! It got to the point where some of them bought door-locks to keep us out. :D

Unfortunately, we don't have many rikaax sessions since he started full-time school and I started full-time employment. :(

Baluug   

Originally posted by MR ORGILAQE:

When he was a year old he started playing with the TV...suffice to say he broke it.I bought a new one,stupidly i bought a more expensive and bigger one.He decided the on/off button was such a good playing feature and in less than two months the TV wasnt working.I returned it for repair and he also broke the temporary replacement for that one.The one i sent off for repair came back and unfortunately it had one of those thin plastic type screens and he decided to use it as a punchbag and soon enough it had dents.I gave up on buying TV's since then

Whoa......now that is crazy!! You know what you need? On of those flat, thin TV's that are only an inch or 2 thick, and you can hng it on the wall, where he can't reach it, insha Allah. Sure, it's expensive, but it'll save you from buying a new one every year!! :D

Whoa......now that is crazy!! You know what you need? On of those flat, thin TV's that are only an inch or 2 thick, and you can hng it on the wall, where he can't reach it, insha Allah. Sure, it's expensive, but it'll save you from buying a new one every year!!

Yeah this could be a solution but what is to stop him from using it as a football goalpost!.He tends to use some of the hanging stuff as his target!.Recently he has outgrown his ways and he seems to be a bit less Damaging.I guess he is growing up!